1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Did we land on the moon?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Tassadar, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] WTF are you people arguing about???!?!? :mad:
    Of course we landed on the moon!!
    Don't you think that russian satellites would have picked up that they did not leave to space if they didn't?? USA were competing with Russia on who'd be the first one on the moon! They checked with satellites and shit so that those US folks would not fake it!
    There has also been new traveling up to the moon by the russians and they have seen that American flag up there.
    And that's it! :mad:
    //Zaragoth

2. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Can you proove that though Zaragoth?
    No you can't nor can we prove that they did not land on the moon. The russians could have kept quiet for money or they could have been tricked by americans into believing it.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ah, but the question here isn't whether we (ok, let's say I'm on your side, hehe) landed on the moon, but whether we landed on the moon THEN. There've been enough landings on the moon since the original one to open a holiday resort there. The question is, was it really done then, or a week/month/year later? With no pomp and secretly just so that future landings by Russians or anyone else could actually see everything they were supposed to see there. (The flag, footprints, etc.)

I seriously doubt that they could fake it. USSR's sole mission at that point was definitely to find out whether it was done for real or not. And spying was much more common (or at least as common as it is now) back then so if it was faked, it'd be practically impossible for USSR & the rest of the world not to find out. Quod erat demonstrandum? :spin:

4. Khementi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

its just like the us govt is behind cattle mutilations with silent copter tech and to carry out experiments to see the effects of nuclear fallout and contamination in new mexico (california has no cow mutilation!)
    trinity test site, uranium mines, you name it.

5. Hardin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I rather agree with the retouches on the photos ... everyone needs an airbrush every now and then. ;)

Well, think of it also this way if the Americans didn't land on the moon ...maybe

- that Elvis is still alive
    - that Charles Manson was framed
    - that Sting was a woman who had a sex change
    - that Bill Clinton is innocent
    - that the U.S. military-industrial complex killed Kennedy
    - that Bruce Lee was poisoned by his enemies
    - that Procter & Gamble is owned by Satanists
    - that Coke is made of human placenta
    - that we didn't evolve from apes, but were genetically modified by extraterrestial ancestors
    - that Christ didn't die on the cross, or if he did, he didn't resurrect himself

Heck, take your pick....there's always a theory-or-other somewhere.

I guess I'd rather watch TRON, Dragonslayer, the old D&D cartoons (with Willie Aames and Adam Rich as voice-overs), Dirty Dancing. And oh, put in Top Gun, the Karate Kid, Stand by Me, Knight Rider, The A-Team, Airwolf, and Evil Dead. :)

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Don't be putting the A-Team in the same groups as the Karate Kid now! And after that list Hardin, what can you believe? I'm telling you it's just like TRON we are all just victums of the MCP...

7. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] TRON!? Did anybody say TRON!?

TRON RULES! :D

8. Inferno of Balduran Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] It was impossible for the people to land on the moon at that point because in addition to the LETHAL radiation that is normally in space, the sun had a major solar flare at that point increasing the radiation levels by over 5000% and the american's had no radiation shielding. It would have been impossible for anything to have survived in those conditions and yet somehow tha American's did?.......I don't think so!!

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] :rolleyes: Oh, Puh-Leeze! :rolleyes:

Sorry, that's the most intelligent thing I could say on this: Of course we landed on the Moon - what an absurd thing to say!

We were there - But it must not have been all that exciting...because we haven't been back since.

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited September 22, 2001).]

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Inferno of Balduran what are you talking about? Your statement first implies that there was only one moon landing at a certain time; this of course is untrue. Second you imply the radiation level normally in interplanetary space is lethal. Again untrue: A lethal exposure from radiation is on the order of 200-300 rem in a single exposure (and even then death in not instantaneous but takes many days), while the interplanetary rate is around 10 rem PER YEAR. Then you say there was a solar flare at that point (as if there was only one point at which there were astronauts landing on the moon) when in fact there was a flare BETWEEN Apollo missions (16 and 17 IIRC).

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited September 22, 2001).]

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Heh...well I've read the arguments before, and really, while I *might* be the type to belive in conspiracy theories (shhh....THEY might be watching...acually probably are ;)), I don't think it much matters all these years later. I'm sure the government has covered up much more serious things in the past and they will again in the future. My vote and simple persoanl opinion: I'd say...maybe:p

By the way, is it just me or should the author of this little jewl be in a institution somwhere or what?

"IN USA today, as in Russia in '20s and NAZI Germany in '40s full scale campaign to create USA ALSO A BEAST NATION... no God... no right no wrong no up no down 2 added to 2 is whatever scientists say it is... Adults today either jailed or shot down... at own homes for even teaching their own children... GOD EXISTS and Right and Wrong exists (State of Utah)... bells have been tolling for so long... for the helpless pitiful innocent 'animals' as they are tortured to death by priests of the State Religion 'GREASE BALL SCIENCE'... now ... 1988 ... no use, too late... to send to see for whom the bell tolls... THE BELL TOLLS FOR THEE!" [Sic. Totally sic, as in word for word, character for character.]

Flat Earth Society :rolleyes: Good Lord...what will people come up with next. They are really all schizophenic, right? It would put me at ease if they really were.

12. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Crawl, what the hell was that? The only bell that comes to mind after read that is the bell curve. The bell curve for sanity and the author is at the very bottom of the scale. Lord save us from the urges of the masses.

13. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Heh. That's on a site that Nobleman posted a link to here. Wierd people. But that's not representative of the masses, let me assure you. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.