1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Discover your own stats in D&D. Attempt Umpteen.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by chevalier, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Str=16
    Dex=13
    Con=19
    Int=16
    Wis=13
    Cha=14

Total=91

Woah. Well, I guess I am a big guy. And I do work out at the gym 5 days a week.

I like my 19 constitution. That is what you get for never breaking a bone or twisting an ankle. I get sick maybe once every couple of years, but nothing major. And I can hold my drinks. :p

I am invincible I say!! :D

2. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

str 15
    dex 18
    con 17
    int 15
    wis 14
    cha 17
    Feats: Alertness, Combat Casting, Run, and the martial art i do does not fit into any of the provided check boxes.

Been an athlete all my life and am a ######## martial artist. I'm suprised, but i would have to say i agree with those stats. My youth helps on the physical side i think. Yep.
    I do agree with Faerus about it being subjective though.

Edit:
    The asterixed out word was not really a rude one, all i said was h.core.

3. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

12 Str
    14 Dex
    15 Con
    12 Int
    14 Wis
    10 Cha

That fits me quite well. Not overly strong but not weak, quite nimble, never get really sick and have never broken a bone despite my laddish childhood. A bit disappointed with my Int but I already knew I was not super smart. Wis seems about right...
    I dont know about cha since I'm (not being big headed) quite good looking but have a hard time drawing people to myself.

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

STR 9
    DEX 15
    CON 12
    INT 16
    WIS 12
    CHA 9
    Total 73

I went back to check on the last "post your stats" thread just to compare. Apparently I underrated myself the first time (or overrated this second time).

5. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Str 9
    Dex 11
    Con 9
    Wis 17
    Int 17
    Cha 13

Look, six odd numbers! How inefficient!

[pulls three points from Str, Dex, and Con to top off the other three]

6. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hmmmm...

Still wondering what affects wisdom: I have the highest score so far though I am sure there are people far wiser than me around here.
    Also, I'm the least coherent and logical person in the world so :confused: ?..

7. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Str 18
    Dex 12
    Con 15
    Int 14
    Wis 11
    Cha 11

Strength... Yes, dex... uhuh, Con... (I am a healthy person), Int... Can't explain that :hmm: , Wis... heh, that much? and Charisma... Ok, I'm not that charismatic, but I wanted to be a Paladin! :sosad:

Moahahahaa, I'm the only one at 18 str. This means that I either overdid the test (but I am quite muscular... :rolleyes: ) or that I am the strongest member who has done the test so far. :evil:
    Now me eats you all, and picks teeth wit' you soords!

8. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

STR 12
    DEX 12
    CON 12
    INT 13
    WIS 12
    CHA 10

Wow...I'm Joe Average.

9. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Str: 12 (+1)
    Dex: 15 (+2)
    Con: 12 (+1)
    Int: 16 (+3)
    Wis: 15 (+2)
    Cha: 14 (+2)

Feats: Alertness, Dodge, Expertise, Power Attack

Not too shabby I guess. Quite smart, make wise choices, quite agile, trained alot of martial arts and not with an all too shabby look ;)

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Str 10: Should be a 9, methinks.
    Dex 09: I'm abit clumsy. My aim is quite good though. 9 is quite okay. Perhaps an 8 fits me better.
    Con 13: I'm easily hurt, but almost never ill.
    Int 14: Could be 13. I can learn, but sometimes have troubles with following orders.
    Wis 15: Quite okay. I usually know what's going on in people and sense teir intentions.
    Cha 14: I'm wellspoken(in Dutch at least), kind and care for my looks.

I'd rather see points below 13, though. I'm more an avarage person.

11. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Strength=12+1
    Dexterity=15+2
    Constitution=14+2
    Intelligence=15+2
    Wisdom=11
    Charisma=9-1
    Total=76

I can agree with them

Feats: Alertness, Ambidexterity, Dodge, Expertise, Powerattack, Run.

12. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Strength 7
    Dexterity 8
    Constitution 10
    Intelligence 8
    Wisdom 10
    Charisma 7

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Vyndin Source: It's all in the Player's Handbook, for the Strength stat. You probably know how much you can lift, so you can check what STR stat value belongs there.

@Lady Luthien:

Edit: I think it's recollection, willpower, accute senses, streetsmarts, probably deductive reasoning, perhaps logic/theory and academic retention.

All people who have taken 6 or 1 should redo the test. It specifically says that 6 (the highest value) is for world class champions. By analogy, 1 would be for world's greatest failures ;) Therefore, we're somewhere in between 2 and 5, probably 3 or 4. It's bad they don't have any safe average option.

[ March 30, 2004, 16:03: Message edited by: chevalier ]

14. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

STR 14
    DEX 10
    CON 12
    INT 15
    WIS 11
    CHA 12

I totally agree with the calculation. In fact, these are the EXACT same stats I would have given myself.

15. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Str-12
    Dex-17
    Con-15
    Int-12
    Wis-15
    Cha-11

Special Feats: Alertness, Ambidexterity, Blindfight, Endurance, Run

16. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

STRENGTH-13
    DEXTERITY-18
    CONSTITUTION-13
    INTELLIGENCE-16
    WISDOM-15
    CHARISMA-9

i agree with the strength and consitution, because i sadly break easily and can not break much (to put it simply) dexterity i sort of agree maybe not 18 more like 16, but then again i have freaked out a lot of my friends with my ultra fast reflexes and my swift, nimbleness, they say that i have like a built in reflex, that if they flash just one hand in my face i cant but help grab it, or block it ( a weird defense mechanism) and it is really hard to control it as well!!!
    im relatively smart (unfortunately i get called a nerd as some time) and i totally agree on charisma all the way, sadly not many people take a liking to my personality, and i havnt had a g/f in many many years... :( wisdom i would not say im not that wise, i tend to make some very silly irrational decisions that i always end up regreting, but i gues i have some wisdom, (maybe in bout 14, not 15.)

its a good quiz though, and i believe i have answered all the questions as truthfully as humanly possible. :)

17. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Strength: 9
    Dexterity: 11
    Constitution: 10
    Intelligence: 11
    Wisdom: 11
    Charisma: 10

Total: 62

Feats: Alertness

Wow, I could be good... well... wizard/cleric/druid who casts only 1st level spells... yeah... or maybe just commoner.

18. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Gee, hasnt anyone thought that all the stats up to now are way exaggerated?

18 is max that is humanly possible. Einstein had 18 int. There are people here who got 17int on the test. Does that mean they'd understand even the most complicated mathematical equasions/whatever?
    I truly doubt it.
    Same goes for physical stats. Lots of us are hanging around computer a lot. That surely had absolutely no positive affect on our physical stats. And yet we see high strenght&dex&con. The test is for a common guy. If we went and calculated an average physical score just in our topic here, i bet it'd be at least 13-14. The average human is 10. And we're nerds. Doesnt that seem a strange? :rolleyes:

I got str:12 dex:16 con:10 int:13 wis:12 cha:9
    The only stat that i know that is near the truth is charisma. I'd debate this further, but i doubt anyone is interested in myself discussing my results. Instead think on what i wrote above, about all the stats being too high.

19. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Str 17
    Dex 13
    Con 15
    Int 16
    Wis 11
    Cha 13

Hmm, sounds about right, aside from the str. With the human best at 18, I think this is a bit too high. I do spend a lot of time in the gym though, so 16 might make more sense.

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Gothmog, good points. I am prone to agree.

First, nerds with high STR & CON. OK, workout is an option, but still. However, STR can be measured objectively by the maximum load you can carry... unless it goes to Strongback feat or something similar.

Second, average age being some 15-16, there's quite an astonishing number of quite astonishing WIS scores.

Well, but we don't have many stats here that would be blatantly overestimated. Improbable but possible, that's what they are.

Another thing is that in a developed society CON is going to be +2 for healthy diet, vaccinations, easy access to sports facilities, more potential to overcome innate conditions and the like. People in cities are also more dexterous per average than they would be in a quasi-mediaeval world - compulsory PE at schools, easy access to facilities and the like. INT is more difficult than that. IQ is relative to the group, which means it can't be addressed as an absolute measure. The average (IQ 100) might have improved... or deteriorated. However, in so far as schooling can increase one's actual intelligence and schooling is compulsory for all, the average INT might be slightly better. There's also a greater opportunity to spot and take proper care of potentially very intelligent kids. WIS and CHA can't be summed up easily the same way. They're too abstract, I think. Little can be done to train them, even if more than in Middle Ages.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.