1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, May 18, 2007.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Nope. I'm allergic to a chemical used in most cigarette production, which helped reinforce smoking as a bad thing.

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I don't. It's a scary thing, really.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've smoked a couple but never bought a pack and I haven't touched one in a couple of years. Not intending to, either.

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Started as a teenager, quit as a teenager. I was both dumb and smart as a teenager.

6. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Only the occational cigar on special occations, so only a few on a yearly basis, but I otherwise I don't really smoke. Everyone else in the family smokes so I'm an exception in that regard and quite happy about it too.

[ May 18, 2007, 20:53: Message edited by: Morgoroth ]

7. Stefanina Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Same here, Morgoroth. Both my parents smoked, my mom still does. I did try a cigarette once at the age of ten, thought it tasted nasty. Then a few years later the allergy was discovered.

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

My dad was a chain smoker and it killed him...I don't touch the stuff, nor do I let any of my friends family members do it. Atleast, I try to get them off it if they 're doing it.

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Never really saw the point of getting myself addicted to something. Well, other than gaming, that is. ;)

10. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Tried it once, never liked it, never got into it.

In my youth, the 'anti-smoking' campaign was getting underway, and I became quite strident in trying to cajole my mother into quitting. She did, about a decade after I gave up pushing her. :p

Over time, though, as public opinion got quite unanimous and somewhat draconian against smokers, I've become more of a neutral in the issue - keep it out of other people's faces, but no reason why you can't destroy yourself slightly faster than mother nature is doing. (C'mon - city ordinance banning smoking in an OUTDOOR public place?!? Try banning combustion engine automobiles first! :lol: )

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I stop-drop-and-roll at least once a day so I don't smoke.

Or did you mean tobacco products?

I had a 2 pack a day habit. Moving to the second highest taxes on cigarettes province sort of cured me - $80 for a carton of El Cheapos. If I get offered one, I take it. I prefer menthol.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nobody has mentioned one of my main reasons for not smoking: it's so bloody expensive! I would never be able to afford it!

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yes, about five a day.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Funny now that people mention it ... neither my parents nor my brothers and sisters smoke. I guess that makes it easier to not smoke.

15. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

Smoked MJ for the first time yesterday...

16. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Funny, I'm reading that topic and I realize I've just lighted a cigarette.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

nope.

18. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

No, and even if for some reason I decided to, I inhale enough at the bus stop everyday to last a lifetime. Che. -_- I really hate the smell!

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I've just quit. There, now I've said it. I quit.

I only smoked regularly for about a year and I already started to have blood circulation problems, namely numbness in my fingers and reduced resistance for colder weather and occasional pains in my lungs. One time I woke up lying on my back, finding that I wasn't breathing. I've never snored or had sleep apnea before I started smoking.

The expensiveness. Yuh. Never mind the health, but money's something that I'm really short of. Now I can think a lot of other things I can do with 60 euros a month.

20. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Never smoked at all, not even a drag. My parents both smoke quite heavily and I hate being close to them when they are smoking so I doubt very much I would enjoy smoking. I cant see the attraction to be honest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.