1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, May 18, 2007.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Share please? :bigeyes:

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    /Me gives Kuemp a smoke

There ya go.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I smoke a pack a day, sometimes more, depending on what i'm doing. When i'm watching football, i usually light one after another, but the same applies for cans or bottles of beer. A football worldcup tournament which lasts for 4 weeks is extremely bad for my health i guess. :shake:

I started smoking at the age of 12, and never quit since. Don't really feel the need to either, exept that if i finally should decide to quit, i'd save me a hell of a sum of cash at the end of a year, do the math.

4. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I suppose I should add both my parents were heavy smokers and for years I worked in an office with all others being heavy smokers, so I have inhaled a lot of second-hand smoke in my life. I have therefore been an involuntary smoker at times.

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    My mother died of lung cancer when I was 22. She never got to meet my wife or my son. Needless to say I am very anti-smoking.

6. Hethan the Skald Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I started out ocasionally, and now I'm a semi-frequent. I buy a pack every week (or every 10 days). Since I don't smoke inside the house, I'm able to keep myself from having more than 3 or 4 on a regular day.

While typing this, I haven't smoked for almost 2 days. I'd be lying if I told you people I don't feel like going out and buying a pack.

Adding to the topic - if you do smoke, which brand of cigarettes is your choice? Marlboro (blue or silver) does it for me. Regular ones (the red pack), as well as Camel, will make me feel dizzy.

7. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jau, although not too much. Actually, only during parties or when sitting at the comp. Like now. It's just ever so pleasant.

One pack while partying, otherwise around 10 a day.

I started at 25 or so, when I quit smoking weed. :sosad: :rolleyes: Bah!
    Seeing how incredulously expensive it has become - and how everyone is going mental about smoking (can we say witch hunt?) - I might want to turn that around again. :grin: :shake:

Meh.

8. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I hate smoking. Tried it when I was around 14 or so, most people do at that age, but it was only because everyone else did.
    My mum just gave up smoking after 33 years :grin: Go Mum! :thumb:

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Your draconic host thanks you for not smoking. :evil:

We've all got one nasty habit or another, but most smokers put their addiction before the well-being of others by forcing them to choke on their smoke, which I have a major problem with. One of the few good things about our current government is introducing a ban on smoking in all public places. Unfortunately, they'll still allow smoking in special sealed chambers, which I have my doubts about, and there's also talks of bar owners and such being able to choose whether they'll allow smoking or not. Naturally, most of them are convinced that they'll go bankrupt if they can't keep their smoking clientèle and would rather continue allowing smoking, which negates the whole point of the ban, so I dearly hope that choosing won't be allowed. I guess thinking ahead a bit that by banning smoking they'll gain plenty of patrons who have purposefully stayed out of the stink dens before would be too much of a mental exercise...

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mainly only Lamberts and Bensons, whichever is cheapest (if I'm buying), but if I get offered a fag I don't really care what brand it is!

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Anything menthol. If I'm begging for a smoke, I take what's offered.

12. Ofelix

Media:
    I like Macdonald (Quebec brand) and Gauloise (french brand), Peter Jackson (US, I think) isn't bad either.

In my province, last year a law was passed to ban smoking in all public places, including restaurant and bars. Guess what? No bar that I regulary attented before the ban went in bankrupsy after it.

13. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Do I smoke? Nope. But I do watch the movie "Up in Smoke" with Cheech and Chong, whenever it comes on TV - Very funny stuff. Sorry, the title of this thread made me think of it....

14. Ofelix

Media:
    Ehehehe, that was a good movie, though I got to admit it's wayyy better when you're stoned yourself :hippy:

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Indeed. There's a restaurant called J.T. Whitneys near me that I never went to because of the constant haze. But now that Madison (but not the suburbs) has a smoking ban, I can enjoy that burger they make that they positively smother in cheese. :yum: :yum:

16. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Started smoking on my 14th birthday, quit on my 44th after a doctor told me I could smoke or keep breathing. After figuring for a minute I caught on and quit. The dead don't smoke anyway. A carton (not a pack) of Chesterfields lasted between two and three days as of the time I quit.

Anyone who dosen't smoke who starts is out of their minds.

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I smoked Chesterfields 'till november 2006.
    Never smoked since then. I's quite a relief not to have to buy a pack of sigarets, again.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I used to smoke home-rolled mentholated cigarettes. I quit due to a bout of bronchitis (which kills both the ability to smoke and the craving, just trust me on that ;) ) and my docter (pointedly) telling me that I could avoid that in the future if I quit.

19. WiZinc Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yes but mostly just out of habit, first cig in the morning, after every meal and in between when feeling like it and one before going to sleep.

Slowing down the usage so it should be easier to quit someday. Usually a pack lasts for 2-3 days unless I'm drinking. Red Malboro is the way to go. :D

20. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Do you smoke?

Nope, and never wanted to.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.