1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Done! **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Blackthorne TA, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think there is more then just a grain of truth concerning the Wendersnaven...

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just finished again with a Dwarf Fighter 13/ Weapon Master 7 (Dwarven War Axe). Made both armor and weapons for myself this time and he was pretty much unstoppable near the end. I saw some criticals for over 120 HPs. He had an Umber Hulk Large Shield +5 (immunity to mind affecting spells), Fortified Adamantine Full Plate +4 (DR 3 and immunity to critical hits and sneak attacks) and Gargoyle Boots (+2 Deflection) with a high 30s AC (39?) without any Natural Armor enhancement (somewhere in the 40's with Tortoise Shell cast), easily dodged AOE spells and traps with the Ring of Improved Evasion, and had a regeneration of 5 HP per round and immunity to poison, disease and level drain (Ring of Regeneration and Greater Amulet of Health). Strength of 26 (with some belt that gave +4 to STR and also some other enhancement). And a bunch of other things with that nice cloak you get as Knight-Captain.

The only slots I didn't find anything really great for him were the head and hands. I had him wearing a Circlet of Clear thought +2 and Greater Artificer Gloves for most of the game :)

One question: Did anyone find 3 Red Dragon Hides? I was only able to find two (one from the dragon and one from a merchant in the Merchant's District when Neverwinter is being evacuated), so I couldn't make any armor to see what it would turn out to be...

3. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

finished the game with a sorcerer PC
    pretty much a walk in the park

the usual party: Qara, Elanee, Zhjaeve and Khelgar/Neesh-sheesh/Bishop/Jerro

as i expected, sand betrayed me (with the most pathetic excuse i ever heard), and so did sheesh girl (didn't expect much else from a tiefling anyway) but i enjoyed killing them both very much, thank you

bishop ran away crying, like a small little girl that he is

o well, back to playing with the bard now (just reached act 2 with her, playing the chaotic/evil path now)

4. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Finished the game for the third time. This time with a human Fighter 8/Weapon Master 7/Neverwinter Nine 5.

@Blackthorne TA:

For head and hands there is a couple of options I find useful for a fighter type:

Bracers of the Blinding Strike (AC 4, Haste 4 times a day). Sold by the merchant at the Academy.

Gauntlet of Fury (AC 2, Isaac's Greater Missile Storm 1 Use/Day, Magic Missile 1 Use/Day). Sold by the drow merchant at the keep.

Helm of Darkness (Darkness 1 Charge/Use, Damage Resistance: Cold 20/-, Darkvision, Immunity: Death Magic, Fear and Darkness). Sold by the drow merchant at the keep.

Finch's Fine Chapeau. (Diplomacy + 4, Bluff + 4, Perform + 2, Sleight of Hand + 2). I believe the merchant at the Academy sell that also but can't remember.

As for the Red Dragon Hides I never found more than 2, the 3 times I been through the game. Pretty disappointing since I found 6 Umber Hulk Hides every time.

There is a topic about the Red Dragon Hides on Biowares official forums. Looks like no one ever found more than 2.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I've seen those gauntlets/bracers, but I believe the AC bonus wouldn't do any good, and I'd probably never remember to use the spell properties :)

For the bracers I believe you're correct that they are AC4, but he was wearing Full Plate +4, so it wouldn't make any difference.

For the gauntlets it was a +2 Deflection Bonus which I already had from the Gargoyle Boots. I suppose I could trade the boots for some other boots, but offhand I can't remember what else the Gargoyle Boots gave for me to keep them; I'm sure there was some other reason that I kept them.

Now the Helm of Darkness sounds pretty good... I wonder why I never bought it... Probably because I had most of the benefits already, but there are a few I didn't. Ah well, I'll have to remember it if I play again :)

Very disappointing about the Red Dragon hides. Maybe you could make a shield out of them like the Umber Hulk hides? But that wasn't in the description; just a few armor choices were described.

6. Ironhawk Skylord

@Blackthorne TA:

True. the AC bonus wouldn't do you any good. A high AC Bonus from Bracers of Armor would, though. Crafting Bracers of Armor +6 or +8 I.E.

Or you could buy or craft Bracers of Dexterity as an alternative.

Gargoyle Boots also gives +3 to Fortitude Saving Throws and Stoneskin 5 charges, which is probably why you chose to keep them.

The Red Dragon hides only allow armor choices between Scalemail, Breastplate and Half Plate alas. Since you need 3 hides for each armor, it is very disappointing indeed.

7. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Good suggestions, but just not compelling enough for me to have bothered with him. :)

Full Plate is +8 and Full Plate +4 is +12, so even Bracers of Armor +8 wouldn't be anywhere near as good as my Fortified Adamantine Full Plate +4.

Bracers of Dexterity, maybe, but he was a tank with a 15 Dex already, so not really necessary.

Hmph. That's too bad about the Red Dragon hides; I assume they would have made a pretty spectacular armor given it required +23 Craft Armor to make any armor out of it.

8. Ironhawk Skylord

@Blackthorne TA:

True.

But actually the requirements for crafting armor of exotic materials is base requirement for crafting the type of armor + requirement for the exotic material.

I.E a Half Plate armor base requirement is +7 in Craft Armor skill . A Red Dragon Hide Half Plate requires 7 + 23 = 30 in Craft Armor skill.

9. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    You know, I think maybe the Gargoyle Boots provided a +2 Dodge bonus to AC which is why I would have thought they were so good... Did the cloak you get for being Knight-Captain give a Deflection bonus then?

I know I got at least a +2 Deflection bonus from something which is why I didn't need a ring for that...

If there were some gauntlets or a helmet that provided a Natural AC bonus, that would have been sweet :)

10. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Neverwinter Knight's Cloak

Special Properties
    AC Bonus [+ 3]
    Ability Bonus: Charisma [+ 1]
    Skill Bonus: Diplomacy [+ 2]
    Freedom of Movement
    Regeneration [+ 1]
    Bonus Hitpoints [+ 9]
    Light [Dim (5m)] [Color: Blue]

11. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Ah! That was it then; I knew I had a good Deflection bonus from something.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.