1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dreams crossing Reality

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Vandalore, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I am just curious.

Does anyone ever dream about sex and actually have an orgasm? I have heard of a few people who do. Women though, not any men that I have spoke too.

2. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

Vandalore,

You got Darien and I mixed up. Thought you might want to know.

3. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Heh. Ever heard the term "wet dream"? Usually in reference to male adolescence. I think it's something men grow out of... heh,heh.

(Thank the Light!)

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited February 08, 2001).]

4. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Sex, wet dreams, or masturbation, that excess semen has to go somewhere! Pay attention in sex ed?

I had a particularly odd dream the other week. I was approaching a shoreline and descended a small cliff to get to the water. The water was nearly crystal clear with a bit of an etherial blue to it. Disregarding my clothes, I settled into the water and suddenly the water became very deep. Through the clearness of the water I could see large schools of fish gathering out ahead of me. Then I heard the eerie laughter of children, and below where the fish were now dancing, I could see a small child underneath the fish. This perplexed me, confusion consumed me and I glanced to shore, which was now very far away. I hadn't swam at all. I turned around again to see the child was now hideously deformed and cackling. The cackling faded into a hipnotic trilling resembling that of a flute or the tickling of high notes on a piano. The water then consumed me and I awoke with a start. I have no idea what this was about, but I felt humbled and peaceful for the remainder of the morning.

[This message has been edited by The Wise, The Grey (edited February 08, 2001).]

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome to the Twilight Zone. :D

I'd add some of my own to this list, but I haven't had a dream I could remember in years. Some standard ones where you're falling to the ground still occur, but every time I got those I remembered that I never actually hit the ground, so I just go with the flow. They usually end after that, as if some higher power lost interest after seeing that it doesn't scare me anymore. Funny, though.

I've grown used to not sleeping for more than 5-6 hours so the whole sleeping process isn't finished by then, therefor, no dreams I can remember.

6. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

oops sorry Darein, sorry Satiana for some reason I had you two confused. With you two being the only two females I've noticed, you'd think I'd be able to keep you apart. eh who knows, I'm sorry.

Sir Belisarius: my friend reads Anne Rice books. they sound real interesting but I'm really not much of a reader. actually, I was at mayhem (the big comic store here in des moines) and I was lookin at books there while I picked up a couple miniatures (using them for dnd pen & paper purposes). I was wondering what you thought was a really good series or where I should start (dragon lance, greyhawk or what) as far as dnd/medival fantasy books goes?

Darien: Brad Pitt isn't my thing either but as far as actors go, I have a weird obsession with Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt.

Satiana: Sometimes women orgasm in their dreams eh? That's kinda interesting. I haven't known anyone that has while they are sleeping. Although I guess I haven't ever inquired.

Darien: Yeah, I'm not even going to touch that wet dream thing. I used to dream about having sex in my dreams, but now a days the most action I get in even my dreams is a simple kiss or two. I don't know if there is a certain age that boys grow out of the wet dreams thing. I know I have, but I also know one of my older friend's boyfriend still gets em and he's like 27 or 28 now.

7. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Vandalore- Don't worry about the mixup. I don't remember who most of you guys are from one day to the next. (Except for a few.) You're forgiven ... ;)

I've read most of the older Dragonlance novels, and they are very quick entertaining reads. All I have are the Chronicles, but then I think they're the best anyway. I've been thinking of picking up a couple more to reread. Problem is, I read so fast, I hate to spend $6 on a book that only lasts a day or two. I've gotta find a good used book store around here...

8. Neverworlder Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Only remember a scene from this one: In the Pentagon, long, white hallways, fluorescent lights, guys in uniforms and guns, guys in lab coats. And a strange man and woman covered from head to toe - except their perfectly human faces (eyebrows to under lower lip) - in bluish-green reptilian skin, like some body suit they were wearing, but not a suit. They are some sort of operatives for these military scientists, and are talking to men in uniforms and coats as they enter a room. Man and woman have webbed hands and feet, a Sleestak-like horn/fin on their heads, and yellowish-green stubby spines going down their backs, to the fist-sized, perfectly circular holes at the base of their spines. When you bent down and looked into the holes, you could see that they were completely hollow inside, perfectly empty shells like blown glass.

I've had a lot of frustration dreams, where I'm racing or stressing over some deadline or trying to complete a task and being continuously thwarted, like Sisyphus. Most common one was, when I worked in a record store, being alone in a store jam-packed full of customers, some stealing, all others demanding help, an hour after closing, frantic, trying to shut the front gate to stop the customers from coming in, while they sneak in the back door. When I go shut the back door, they reopen the front gate. Back and forth, back and forth. I wake up feeling like I never went to bed.

When I was about eight, I dreamed that I woke up one night because I heard a strange sound, pulled back the curtain of the window above my bed, and saw a flying saucer slowly floating over my apartment, drifting out of view. Perfectly round, about 100ft up, making a low hum, with different color lights on its bottom, big red one in the center. It went out of site over my building, so I ran into the living room to see if it would emerge on the other side, but it never did. Scared, I was up for awhile until I crept into my mom's bed and eventually fell asleep. Woke up the next morning thinking it actually happened. Swore for years that it actually wasn't a dream - it was the most real dream I've ever had - and I still sometimes have doubts.

Last dream, I promise: This one had some D&D inspiration. Was in a bus full of people my age (late teens at the time), perhaps a school bus of some sort, happily going down some road outside the city. When we are attacked by an otyugh-type creature mixed with a Cthulhu god (Shoggoth from "Deities & Demigods") the size of a large house - big greasy blob of rancid transluscent slime with jellied tentacles and ameoba-like eye/brain floating in its center. I jump out of the bus, defeat the monster (don't really know how), and save everyone from a horrible, malodorous death. Big hero, everyone loves me, in all the papers. Few days later, I wake up with these small tentacles growing out of my side - three on each side evenly spaced between my hip and armpit, each about a foot long, each slimy and olive gray, and each limp, like cold seaweed. Apparently, a side-effect of physical contact with the snot monster; it's spores had infected me. They are disgusting, and I become very despondent, feeling like a freak, ashamed and embarassed. I know I would be outcast if anyone found out about them, and they are growing a little longer each day, so I hide them under my shirt and hide in my house. I avoid everyone and everything, paranoid that someone will find out I have six tentacles growing out of my body like a monster. My friend and one of his girlfriends finally drag me to some big house party - loud music, wall-to-wall people, keg, etc. I hide in a corner the whole night, not speaking to anyone, waiting for my friend to want to leave. Finally, I run into the bathroom to escape everyone, and I think of sneaking out of the party and just walking back home. People, bladders full of processed beer, are pounding on the bathroom door for me to hurry. I've been crying (woe is me) so before I open the door, I blow my nose. In the mirror, I see that when I blow, my tentacles spring to life, as if inflated (like one of those curly party favors you blow into?), wiggling franticly. When I stop blowing, they go limp again. I think it's the coolest thing. So I run out of the bathroom, jump on a table - everyone looks at me, the music stops - rip off my shirt, blow my nose, and the croud goes wild. And I'm accepted - despite my difference. (Don't have to dig too deep for the meaning of that one.)

[This message has been edited by Neverworlder (edited February 09, 2001).]

9. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Vandalore, I didn't mean that rudely, and you were forgiven before I even said anything. Just thought you might want to respond to the right person was all.

Speaking of erie dreams. I bet no one can figure out the one I had last night. I wasn't angry nor did I watch any wierd movies before I went to bed. It had actually been a pretty normal day. However, my dream was really scarry.

I lived in a town that was built in the hills. It looked to be a very old town. Outside this town there was a lady who lived in a tent. She wasn't all there most of the time it seemed, but she had convinced the men of the town to go and hunt these wild dogs that had been doing some killing in the town. They looked like regular black dogs, until you saw there eyes, and there teeth.
    The women in the town gathered in an apartment three stories off the ground. I was to shine a flashlight that projected a very large beem out towards the woods where the men went on the hunt for these "dogs". It was a becon to bring them home if they lost there way. I figured I was on a balcony, so they couldn't get to me. Uh, wrong.

While the men where out hunting them, they came hunting us women. One leaped up onto the balcony right infront of me. Simply out of nowhere. I grabbed a nife that I had kept on the chair beside me, and totally slaughtered the animal. I ran inside the apartment with blood all over me and into the kitchen to clean it off. The other women just stared at me in a trance except for one. A girl who was holding a double barrel shot gun.

The next thing I knew, on of the "dogs" came through the door. Like it was a ghost, but it was not a ghost! I grabbed the shot gun and tried to shoot it, but it wouldn't work. The animal was staring at me, waiting for me to move. Then it smiled like it knew I wasn't going to get the shotgun to work. I tried to get the other ladies out of thier trance and get them to help me. But, no one moved, or blinked. I slowly reached over and grabbed a butcher knife out of the sink. Just as I got ahold of the handle (never taking my eyes of it) it lunged at me. I went crazy and sliced it to pieces, but then the blood spilled out onto the floor and it gathered into a pool. It started laughing at me. I couldn't kill it, it was blood! That was when I woke up. I was totaly freaked out and my last thought was the men didn't have a becon home.

I was afraid to go back to sleep, cause sometimes I pick up my dreams right where I left off. So I imagined that my chow/shepard mix could breathe fire, and fire would kill the blood. It actually worked and the dream ended.

Whew. And I also want to note that I have not been able to play BG2 in about two months, so it didn't have anything to do with that either.

Anyone want to try and decipher what that dream meant!

[This message has been edited by Satiana Fearbringer (edited February 09, 2001).]

10. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

no offense taken Satiana. yeah, I have no clue what your dream means. maybe it was just a collection of thoughts in that complex mind of yours. have you seen Sleepy Hollow lately? I had an earie feeling w hen I read it, just like when man on watch was looking through the edge of the tree line for the headless horseman. you know what's another intersting movie? Being John Malkavich. I saw that today.. it was pretty freakin odd. I think I'll have really weird dreams tonight. Well I gotta get some sleep, I think my parents are coming up for my birthday tomorrow (Saturday).. *looks at the clock* oh hey it's already Saturday.

11. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Vandalore,

I loved Sleepy Hollow. I was at the first showing of it at the cinema. I figured it something like that must be seen on the big screen. Although, that was a long time ago. I have been contemplating seeing John Malcovich, but I couldn't decide if it was going to be worth watching or not.

I did see The Cell though. Just the other day for that matter. It was really a mind bending movie to watch. Maybe it just took me a while to process it.

:p Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :p

[This message has been edited by Satiana Fearbringer (edited February 10, 2001).]

12. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Thanks Satiana, it's nice to be thought of. Quite a few people forgot my birthday, but for those that remembered were important to me. Yeah, I'm the ole 20 years of age. Although I haven't felt a teenager ever since I moved outta my parents' house. It seems everyone I hang out with is a lot older than me. What age are you setting at these days?

I dunno, I would recommend seeing John Malcovich. Especially if you have ever had an aspirations to be someone else.

13. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Okay, I had this dream about a girl who is very important to me in my life, a real good friend of mine. For the past months, I've been dreaming about simply hanging out with her (nothing sexual, nothing out of the ordinary, just normal stuff) and that makes me happy, yet almost depressed as I awake..knowing my life is a little crappier than that of my dreams (just both of us finding the time to hang out). Anyways, the other day when I made the post, I had a dream that night. I dreampt we were hanging out like we always did, but before I knew it.. we were kissing. Although it was different this time. In my past real life experiences, every girl that I've kissed I haven't felt a damn thing.. but this time for some reason I felt some emotion and feeling behind it even though it was merely a dream. This past week, all I can think about is the dream. It really makes me wonder. Are my dreams trying to tell me something? Am I falling in love with this chick but I won't let myself admit it? Does it even mean anything?

14. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Wow, Vandalore, that's a difficult call to make. It sounds like you have been friends for quite some time. In many peoples' opinions, that is the best foundation for a good relationship. But bringing romance into a platonic friendship can be dangerous, and sometimes even a real let down. I don't envy your dilemma.

Just a couple of things to think about: Have you not been spending as much time together as you usually do? This could lead to the dreams, that simply build on themselves. It could simply be a case of you missing her as a friend, but then overanalyzing them makes them take on a new twist. Like romance. Also, do you have any reason to think that she might have romantic feelings toward you? If you've begun to wonder about her feelings, that could be the source by itself.

One suggestion: It might be a good idea to tell her that you really like spending time with her. Let her know you value her friendship, continue hanging out, and simply see if anything changes.

Good luck! :)

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited February 12, 2001).]

15. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I must say that Darien Noella is right and let me add my point of view with going after a friend.

Be very careful and don't go in with high expectations. It is very easy to get caught up in playful, friendly remarks and have them be misunderstood for something else.

You should also know the difference between the feeling you recieve from having a dream vs the feeling you recieve by actually acting the part out. I have woken up many times with a very good feeling inside of me due to one dream or other, about someone or something and it would be very premature of you to think too far ahead. Think of dreams as a very evil and bad head game. You don't want to get caught up in it unless it's actually happening to you!

I cannot speak for you, but I will say I know many friends, both male and female who have fallen for a friend and no longer talk to these people. It's not because things didn't work out but because things became very difficult to adjust to or the other person simply wasn't interested and things got uncomfortable.

You should seriously think about the issues. There is a chance, for whatever reason that you could loose a friend in the process. There is also a chance things could work out but that's something you have to come to a conclusion with.

I would have to say, based on my own experience with this is not to go in with your feet already wet with anticipation. Enjoy the friendship and happiness she has to bring and already gives you. Small compliments and from the heart flirts and watch her reaction.

At best, you loose nothing and still keep a great friendship.

It's a hard road sometimes but I always found if you kick the small stones on the road first, it gives you plenty of time to tackle the much larger ones in the future.

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited February 12, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited February 12, 2001).]

16. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Well her and I have been friends for over a year now. I met her two years ago. She was in one of my classes the first quarter I was here. She sat second from the front in the middle row and I sat in the second from the back in the far left corner. I was talking to some kids in the back and something compelled her to turn around and say hi to me. I was a little bit stunned but said hi back. She seemed to be out of my league (attractive as hell, looked like the popular type in highschool) but hey this is college .. one's past doesn't matter, we're all in this together.

I didn't really get to know her then, we were pretty much strangers. Then my roommate got a job at what turned out to be the same place she worked at. He said it was a pretty easy job, so I ended up applying there as well. It all worked out and soon enough it just kind of clicked. Her and I had this real good talk about relationships during break once. In her past relationships, she's felt like everyone of em has misunderstood her. Ever since her and I had that chat, I haven't taken anything she's said or done into a flirtateous type manner to avoid misinterpritations.

Anyways, it's too hard to cover everything that's happened from then til now. But we used to hang out all the time this past summer quarter when she didn't have a roommate. Then sortly after this school year started, she got a roommate.. and a boyfriend. He was really controlling and wouldn't let her hang out with me at all. Yah, a genuine dick. I met him the first quarter last year and my view towards him has never changed. But yeah, that was three months of total hell. She broke up with him, thank gawd.

I've seen someone else since, but it didn't work out. I had to end it - lack of communication. Don't get me wrong, she felt really comfortable being physical but she didn't feel comfortable enough to talk about feelings. Unfortunately, she doesn't even feel comfortable to even talk to me any more. I'm getting tired of trying to salvage what is left.

Back to my friend.. she and I talk a lot more now. Occasionally, we can both find time to hang out. She is so much fun to be around. Aside from my dad, she is the most important person in my life right now.

The more I talk about her, my friends are like "dude, you are falling in love." Maybe, but I'm have a hard time admitting it. Seems like when I fall for someone, they run away. I couldn't stand to lose someone like that in my life.

(Despite the bad timing, I did tell her how I felt when she was going out with that jerk. Although, I'm still feel like I need to show her how important she is in my life.)

[This message has been edited by Vandalore (edited February 13, 2001).]

17. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Probably the thing that drives me most batty about her, is that she can remember and recall anything I've ever told her on a spur of the moment conversation. Oddly enough she remembers stuff that I don't even think I told her or anybody for that matter. It's kind of scary, but extremely flattering that she pays so much attention to me. Most people just ignore me when I babble :)

18. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

What was that? Did you say something, Vandalore? ;)

Just teasing!! She sounds great! Think carefully, move slowly, and be gentle. Good luck!!

19. Lo Guest

U do sound like u r falling in love :) Good luck, indeed! And hey, it might not be that awful after all ;)

20. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] What?? Blasphemy! Vampires are the enemies of the people! They seek to destroy all life, and not just to satiate their hunger as portrayed in mindless pop culture Hollywood films!

Nearly every culture has a tale of horrible spirits sucking the life out of people. Somehow some people equate blood sucking with eroticism. But getting back to the original version, other vampires suck spinal fluid and yet others simply rip people to shred.

Contemporary idea is of a vampire in physical form, stunningly attractive as portrayed in tv. On the other hand vampires could also be hideosly ugly. There are tales of desiccated corpses and flying heads trailing intestines.

How anyone could find vampirism "interesting" is beyond me. if anything, it is an abomination!

So, if vampires really existed and you want to become one or think them great and enslave yourself to them you are a betrayer of your own race and deserve to be terminated with extreme prejudice! Vampires are the mortal enemies of mankind, seeking only to corrupt and destroy! Don't be fooled by the "prestige" they advertise for it is false!

They have NO HONOUR!

Come, let us unite and destroy all vampires on Earth! And then we shall travel on spaceships and expand to other worlds while destroying all vampires there until their *flesh* is no more! :mad:

[This message has been edited by Rakanishu (edited February 15, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.