1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by KRaK6, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

2. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I kill Drizzt sometimes just on principle. I find the constant stupid, fawning, kitschy Drizzt cameos in these games an insult to a well-developed D&D persona who deserves better.

In character there's no reason in hell to kill Drizzt, but then again, in character, there's no reason for Drizzt to keep popping up wherever you are to mug for the camera.

3. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yes, Laksol, a "loose" reputation is what happens if you put out for Drizzt on the first date *before* he buys you dinner.

In order to complete that quest you need prophylactics and some mouth wash.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

KILL HIM!!! KILL THE PRICK! :)

trust me, you will feel great afterwards, kinda completed, or halfway since irenicus has your soul.

Their stuff? It sucks! Sell it all, nothing to use it for anyway!

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What if you just happen to be opposed to overpowered characters in general - "Invincible, Mr. Achilles? Let's see you show off with a poisoned arrow in your heel!"

6. [​IMG] Yes, yes kill Drizzt!

I just remembered that my Viccy made some
    interesting comments about Drizzt.

He's going to steal your romance if you don't kill him.

So kill him! Kill! Kill! :evil::evil:

7. Icing Death Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

my fav hero is...well...ME! MUWAHAHAHAHA!

kill drizzt, him and wulfgar killed me so cheaply in the first icewind dale book... drizzt distrrracted me with arrows of piercing, while wulfgar made a big icicle fall on my head! then hhis tribess stole all my gold! as to drizzt- OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

for those of you not knowing what im talking about, read the icewind dale trilogy!

8. Xuncle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Drizzit? So he's a hero, so what? He's not a god (like me). Don't really care either way - fun to see what he does with those gated pit fiends though...

9. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Killing Drizzt is much easier if you already killed Vithal, because after that you get the timestop scroll and lots of other cool stuff.

10. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] i like drizzt's character! and the dark elf trilogy easily makes my top ten! is an enlightening book, and not too heavy going.. thus is bath reading material! ha! baths... cos that will mean SO much to you lot... don't kill Drizzt! he has such a cool name! if you havn't read the books by R.A. Salvatore, go do so! then spend a little while working out how to pronounce words like "D'aermon N'achezbaernon" and "Menzoberranzan" and so forth..

"Drizzt is a ranger, and follows after the heart of Mielikki. He is one of the finest fighters in all of the realms, but has the biggest heart of them all. He is kind to all and tries not to judge anyone. He is always there for his friends and never lets them down if he can help it." ok? so leave him alone!

Ÿ
    Ÿ
    Ÿ
    what you got against the names? they add a kind of Drow-ness to the thing, evil, melevolent sadistic names that slither off you tongue..

[This message has been edited by Spudsquisher (edited November 02, 2001).]

11. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

The stupid fantasy names in that series are about the last thing that would draw me to them. It looks like somebody used a name generating program and then sprinkled in lots of meaningless decorative apostrophes just to make it look more foreign or something.

[edit]

They don't slither off of anything. They just sit there looking stupid. All those apostrophes don't mean a damn thing. They're just in there in a rather bad attempt to make the words look like a foreign language. As a linguist, I can really respect a fantasy author who can make up names and words that sound like they're genuinely part of a real language. Conversely, I lose a lot of respect for someone who thinks closing his eyes and picking lots of consonants, then sticking apostrophes in every which way, will approximate the same effect. There is no consistency among those drow names. Drizzt is definitely an interesting character and props to the author for that, but the drow names/words are lame. Completely lame. Sorry; I tells it like it is.

[This message has been edited by tjekanefir (edited November 03, 2001).]

12. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

How else will one gain power, if not by killing famous people and stealing their equipment? Thats what battle in BG is all about. The equipment is like the icing on tops the cake of victory.

13. Brasher Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok why in HELL's name would u want to kill drizzt. He kicks butt. Drizzt is defiantly my favorite character of all time. And all of the books on Drizzt are great

14. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You kill him because you can. It doesn't matter if you like him or not. JUST KILL HIM!!!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil:

15. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Don't bother killing Drizzt for the items or the EXP; you'll lose them soon after. A guy named Malchor Harpell (I THINK that's how it's spelled) will take them away from you.

16. Brasher, Minsc kicks butt, not Drizzt (yeah, it's a cool name). Drizzt eats dust (try to say it three times :)).

Still haven't read the dark elf trilogy books tho. Hard to get where I come from so now I'm waiting for a credit card to purchase the books online. I hate money-orders.

[This message has been edited by RythmicBarbarian (edited November 03, 2001).]

17. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I doubt he'll take the stuff away if you stash it

18. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] i think if you stash it and then go kill bodhi, he just pops up when you collect it

if you want to kill drizzt, do it for killing one of the best swordsmen in FR, then sell his wepons

[This message has been edited by Spudsquisher (edited November 04, 2001).]

19. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

He tkaes away your Exp Tiamat!? And this guy takes away only Drizzt's stuff, not the other items, which are better than Drizzt's sword and Armor.

20. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] does harpell take Guenhwyvar away too?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.