1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Druid questions.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Mercury Star, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Incarnate Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Actually 1 bear(you get 2) can kill a fire elemental (without Re-balanced shapeshifting) , the elemental has 1 attack, maybe the 24HD variant has 2.
    I suggest casting strength on the elements because they have less then 18 str , the immunity to weapons is the best advantage of the elements

2. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Ooooh boy, I can see you going far. :rolleyes:

BTW, IMHO an Avenger -> Fighter is one of the more powerful Dual-Classes out there, esp. for a solo run. But you need to import from BGI for it to work. :-/

3. Mercury Star Gems: 5/31

I did not want to make a new topic, so i will ask here.

I want to restart my game with an Avenger. The forms were not quite impressive. Can anybody just please tell me about your expierience with Avengers? I dont want to end up not using these shapes at all. Are they of use through all of the game? Any hints on how to use different shapes in different situation will be welcomed as well.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I love Avengers :xx:

I like the different forms and spells, myself.

Str/Con can be improved with items or books, etc.
    The three forms, well the spider is quite good for fast attacks I find, the wyvern is just fun (^_^) and the salamander does fire stuff. Can be quite useful. Eg, trolls.
    The extra spells can be quite nice, Chromatic orb, improved invisibility and chain lightning are quite cool :)

No more than leather armour isn't bad either. You get quite good leathers later on anyway. Or just put some points in Dex instead!

5. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Avengers are ever so decent. ;)

If you choose the Avenger for his shapechanging, however, I think you might be disappointed by it. What makes this druid so nifty is his spellbook - the combination of druidic magic with an assortment of arcane spells. Chromatic Orb, Lightning Bolt, Chaos and Chain Lightning you can never have enough of.

His extra shapechanges are not that great, except for the Swordspider perhaps.
    The Baby Wyvern? It has.. two attacks, iirc, which are poisonous. But I never found it to be all too useful.
    The Lesser Basilisk - a basilisk that is actually a Fire Salamander? - is even worse in meele than the Baby Wyvern, but is permanently hasted and resistant to fire. Could be of some advantage when facing a certain Red Dragon.

Both are OK for the early part of the game and take on random thugs and minor critters. Later on though the Avenger should rather cast hell on his enemies than trying to hop into the front line with these forms.

The Swordspider is the best of the three, permanently hasted, with its five!! poisonous attacks. It has a good AC and can rip through Jon's dungeon almost all by itself. It is of great help against mages, as it works through their Stoneskin/Mirror Image just like that. And even if the mage manages to get the spider off his back in time, his spellcasting is likely to be interrupted by the damage the poison deals him for a few rounds.

6. Mercury Star Gems: 5/31

Another thing... Are the elemental shapes useful? I mean, are they powerful?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.