1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)
  1. Macready Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hello -

Yes, but I do not know how the spawn selection criteria works in BG1. It may be that dire/dread wolves are impossible at low levels, but can occur if you visit again later at a higher level.

Myself, I actually prefer the chance to get tough spawns at lower levels anyway. Not that I would stand and fight against dire/dread wolves...I'd turn tail and run! It makes your increasing power as you level all the more satisfying when you remember what a frail pushover you once were. :)

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Yup, that's normal.
    I think all the wolf spawn points have options for dire wolves and dread wolves as you increase in level. Just be thankful that they don't include vampiric wolves; you'd never stand a chance. :mommy:

For the record, though, the entirety of creatures on the Candlekeep Coastway (not the Crossroads) is 2 black bears, 2 wolves, and 3 diseased gibberlings in vanilla BG1. I've been through it so many times that I've got the spawn points (and likely locations for the bears) for that area memorized. :nuts:

3. zerox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I agree with felinoid, i played through the first three chapters of BG so many times i know where almost everything is (i got to fear the cloakwood since my computer would die everytime i set foot in the place, as in hit by a bolt of lighting dying). Walking through those first few areas and stumbling upon packs of 8 gibberlings and the like was refreshing and made the beginning of the game interesting again.

4. Chitinous Shell Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I saw two on the east side of the Temple map (along with 2 dread wolves and 2 dire wolves, spawn points must be close together), and didn't stand a chance with my lvl 4ish party. What do you need to hit them? I don't think any of my +1's had any effect.

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Vampiric wolves require a magic weapon to hit (+1 or better). The only thing in the game that requires +2 or better is the revenant, and you don't even have to fight him. The reason for this (I believe) is the dearth of better than +1 weapons in the game.

As for the temple map, those aren't spawns. Two vampiric wolves, two dire wolves, and three worgs make a one-time appearance in the far upper-right corner of the map.

6. Hethan the Skald Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Yep, I got that one installed. Gotta love those early banters with Imoen. It *was* kinda weird that you could both see Gorion's body laying on the ground and she wouldn't even say anything about it.

This mod is one of the main reasons to play Tutu. I haven't seen nearly 20% of the banters it has but so far I like them a lot.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.