1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Faldorn factoid

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Shaman, Feb 1, 2005.

1. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

IF you go back after Xzar is killed you'll find it where the spectral harpers were... in a chest in the office i think.. perhaps SW corner of the upstairs.

2. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

They hid Montaron's body in a chest in their offices? Man, those Harpers are twisted... Editing my post now...

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I am not sure about this but I think that you may have missed it because the body does not show up if you have already opened the chest before Xzar is killed. I know that I have had games where Montaron's body wasn't there but I never really experimented to see what caused this.

4. Bion Gems: 21/31

That could be. IIRC, the times I did that quest, I looted the Harpers before delivering the bird to Xzar. Kinda seemed fair, given how you were being used...

5. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

There are two other non-NPCs that show up from BG1 that I found in Brynnlaw.

The guy that who, in BG1, warns you about the werewolves in Ulgoth's Beard before you leave for the island, and the elf mage that is on the island (was he Baldur's first mate?). He is in SpellHold as an inmate. At least I think that's him.

I didn't write their names down... :rolleyes:

Are there others?

6. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Are there others?

One is Neb, the guy you kill to get the Illithium. He was in BG1. If you allowed yourself to be arrested by the Flaming Fist in Baldurs Gate (After Candlekeep), you met him in the jail. And you helped him escape to free yourself even though you found out he was a serial child killer. A pretty dark episode in the game.

7. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Damn, Bion, that's an impressive list!

@ Aces: That's Calahan and Dradeel, respectively. There are also a few characters whose names get resurrected from BG1 to BG2, although completely different characters. I recall running into a warrior-noblewoman named Bodhi in BG1. One of your training partners in Candlekeep is named Canderous, as well (KOTOR).

That always bothered me, although I imagine it's possible that Minsc and Dynaheir set out to find you and ended up getting captured by Irenicus separately. Kind of irrelevant, but...

It's also probable that BG2 happens a considerable time from BG1, although probably no more than a few months to a year, and Irenicus has probably been torturing and experimenting on you for at least a month. The continuity with Quayle seems a little off, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Again, I'm finding reasons not to do work, though...

8. Bion Gems: 21/31

@NonSequitur- Thanks. Continuity is a bit of an issue in BG2; it seems that BG1 begins in 1368 FR time while BG2 begins in 1369 (the same date is given if you start ToB fresh). IIRC, you are supposed to be 20 years old at the start of BG1, so that makes you very very young, even at the end of the series. So for Quayle, somehow in the space of a half a year he started a circus, adopted Aerie, and trained her!

But then again, time is overly compressed in the BG game anyways. Traveling on foot all the way across Baldur's Gate or Athkatla in full gear takes exactly 0 hours. It takes exactly 8 hours to sleep, which includes removing all gear and putting it back on again, rememorizing all spells, etc. It takes no time for a mage to copy a spell into a spell book. It takes no time to maintain gear, or to put on a set of armor, or to customize armor for a different body size. Supposedly people have speed soloed the game in 9 days 18 hours (it takes a week to get to brynnlaw); what a busy set of days that would be! Maybe I should start another thread involving continuity issues or NPC issues...

9. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

The circus did not actually belong to Quayle, he just happened to be a part of it.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

As far as Quayle goes, it could be that he was with the circus and adopted Aerie before BG1 and took some time off for adventuring when he meets the PC in BG1 - you know the old great evil threatens the land so I must leave you for a while to combat it routine.

11. Bion Gems: 21/31

As this is probably veering off the Faldorn topic, I'm starting up a thread in ToB called "BG1-BG2 NPC Continuity".

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.