1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Duel (movie sceen or real life)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, May 28, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I did not know that...But my favorite Errol Flynn movie has got to be "The Seahawk"

2. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

When i saw this post, i thought: This one is shurely inspired by current matrix fever! But it seems that matrix is mentioned only once!

I must point out Enemy At the Gates movie, that was mentioned above, since i liked it very much.

My unique favourite duel would be: end duel in Ghost In The Shell anime movie, with that great spider robot!

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The ...ahem... duel between Neve Cambell and Denise Richards in Wild Things.

edit,
    ok, to be more serious about it. Among of the the nominated best foreign films is the Chinese film called "Hero" by Zhang Yi Mou. During the late middle part of the film is the duel between "Broken Sword" and China's first emperor Chin Shi Huang(aka Yin Zheng). This particular duel has to the most epical, beautiful, touching, heart pounding duel in a film ever.
    At the height of the duel are the two fighting back and forth and the camera takes you around 360 degree but close to them in a sigle shot. One word, brilliant! One of the reasons why i always tell people "thank God Christopher Doyle choose his career in Hong Kong".
    At the end of the fight, after the emperor sliced all the silk curtians around the palace, the two stand in the middle of hall and all the green silk curtains falling down in slow motion. One word, majestic and beautiful. Something you say when you see Taj Mahal.
    Pamper yourself this weekend, watch this film and appreciate the increadible vision and excellent skill of Christopher Doyle.

[ May 29, 2003, 22:14: Message edited by: teekc ]

4. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    The ones on Jerry Springer, of course! :p :)

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I liked the duel between Tom Berenger and the nameless sniper in the movie "Sniper" when he used Billy Zane as bait and then shot the enemy right through his scope. really cool stuff -- very subtle.

Vader vs. Luke, both times
    Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris
    The final Count of Monte Cristo battle
    The fight between 2 martial arts students in "The Man with the Golden Gun" -- they used parangs!
    The swordfights in The Princess Bride
    The final battles in "Silverado" -- there were 4 duels there!
    Jackie Chan's battle against the british swordsman from "Shanghai Knights"
    Any Captain Kirk fight -- NOT! :p

[ June 02, 2003, 17:52: Message edited by: Lord Keldin Depaara ]

6. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Matrix duels.

Frankly, I suck.

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Can't really be classed as a duel, but the temple battle at the end of "Blade" was awesome. Well, there is a duel where blade fights Frost with his "serum" (sp?). Man, reading this topic makes me wanna watch all those movies again.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Gee, my faves?

Neo vs. Smith, on both Matrix and Matrix Reloaded... I am a sucker for these two.

Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul in Episode 1...

Luke vs. Vader, both times

Jet Li vs. that older Master in Fist of Legend... I loved it!

Hmmm... can't think of any others right now.

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Should have seen me with the wife last night ... it was legendary!!! ;)

Seriously, what about the Three Musketeers. Lots of good duel's there (good trio's too :D )

I liked the end battle with D'Artangion (sp?) vs the one eyed slime-ball. Good fighting, lots of good footwork.

I played a 2nd ED Swashbuckler for years after seeing that movie!

10. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Anything from the Matrix!!! Also Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon has some awesome scenes too!

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I just saw The Count of Monte Cristo, and I've got to add that beast of a duel at the end!

12. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Final duel in The Count of Monte Cristo

Final fight in The Man in the Iron Mask(where the five run out from teh corner and nobody shoots them nd they walk out....hell...the entire bloody scene in the jail...)

Luke v DV in RotJ

The Musketeer was nice as well.

13. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Any of you primitive screwheads see Equilibrium? The Grammaton Cleric, 1st Class (forget his name in the movie) vs everyone. He cleans house.

I'd also have to say Michelle Yeoh vs Ziyi Zhang in crouching tiger hidden dragon.

Robin Hood vs Little John over a river.

14. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I'd have to say Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul, Yoda vs Count Dooku (man Yoda kicks ASS!!! :cool: ) There are more but i'll settle for these ;)

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

In no particular order:

- Obi Wan / Qui Gon v Darth Maul (Phantom Menace)
    - Aragorn v Uruk Hai chief (Fellowship of the Ring)
    - Daniel Laruso v Johnny (finale to The Karate Kid)

16. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Exactly Rallymama, exactly.

But the one between Weasley and Inigo Montoya more toward the begining is pretty good, too, switching between right and left hands. But the duel of wits between him and the crazy laughing short man is just great!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.