1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

First time Kelsey user here

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Klorox, May 4, 2006.

1. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    How is Solaufein immune to timestop during the eclipse encounter? I heard that he was. I guess I confused his upgrade with gaining another weapon. I stopped playing Sola in disgust before I even got to ToB. Just too over-powered for me. I like tactics, but had always played it without adding the Uber items. Now that I can mod, I just nerf the items, instead. My Jester is currently running around with a "balanced" version of Sanchuudoku +4. (I altered the Acidic Backlash to function like a weak fire shield instead of hitting anyone who looks at the wielder funny and disrupting spell casting for 6 seconds.)

I'm too picky for most of tactics and Sola now, though. I only use the components where the enemies don't cheat.

[ May 12, 2006, 11:40: Message edited by: Drew ]

2. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

He gains the immunity only for the duration of that fight.

I agree 100%.
    Especially items like Bloodbane,Sanchuudoku,Eagle's Eye bow and items-spells from other mods can "ruin" the game.
    I made an exception allowing Sola to use his Moonblade only during the Eclipse battle and the last Ascension battle (both played on insane), although they were doable even without using it (with some more reloads :D ).

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I got the Moonray, not his Moonblade. I stopped for similar reasons to Drew's after the Wraith spiders.

4. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

See. I've been going more for Content in the form of added quests and NPC's over time. Staying away from Tactics because I don't want to retrain myself to use all the cheesy tricks and don't have any of the item or spell pack like things.

Soula and Valen will simply not make it into my game.

This is even with the fact that I can turn a fighter into a character with a base of 24 strength(22 without hell trials), Dex of 21 I believe, Con of 22(20 w/o hell, 23 for a Dwarf).

Granted it will be evil. but it will rip through most anything. And if your playing a mage it can have an Intelligence of 20 on top of that. So with the right tactics I could probably match the claims to Soula with a PC except for the weapon.

Back to topic though. I liked Kelsey because he added something good to the game without going overboard. I didn't find his few items to be over powered. More complimentary to his powers and a nice touch that helped out. I rather enjoyed him through out the game even though he did talk alot. Next time I may have to shut off his flirting if I want to toy around with his romance again though. Those things come up at some of the most annoying times.

5. Hethan the Skald Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Kelsey is fun. I haven't used him a lot, but I installed it once and liked how he blended into the game. He's like the Sgt. Pepper's of NPC mods, isn't he?

Last time I played SoA I installed Sola while I was in the Underdark and used him for a part of Chapter 6. But then, when I went to battle Bodhi I got pissed. I didn't like the idea of him being abducted at all, it steals the thunder of your romance, I think. And then when I went to battle Bodhi he's insanely overpowered, casting web in the middle of the room. Call me lazy, but I CTRL+Yed him and forgot he was ever in my party. Okay, I CTRL+Yed him, resurrected him and then forgot he was ever in my party. "Just wait here for a moment". I guess one drow is good enough (yeah, Viconia).

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Kelsey is much more fun than Sola. No crappy poetry, he flows much more nicely, he isn't overpowered (although, he is kickass), and his quests aren't super hard. He is fun to play.

7. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Sgt. Pepper is a Bard. ;) :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.