1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

First Timer in Underdark

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by RootOfAllSquares, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Gastong Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Checked the lich cre with dltcp, it has an undropable ring called "lich" wich makes it immune to 1st-5th level spells, cold, electricity and disentegrate and polymorph. Oh and it has invisibility detection by script

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^This is un-modded game, right?

I didn't know they could detect invisible BTW.

3. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Of course they can.They can target you with spells even when you are invisible.Just like the dragons.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Well. I can always learn new things. I thought they could not see invisible, as they had a nasty knack to cast Teleport Field when they could not target enemies with spells. :p

5. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

They don't cast Teleport field in the un-modded game when they can't see you in the un-modded game and I don't believe they can see invisible in the un-modded game.

Breach isn't supposed to be stoppable by their immunities anyway because it isn't actually targetting them. it's targetting their protections. It's the same grounds as such things not supposing to be affected by magic resistance.

6. Gastong Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

my game is unmodded, they can detect invisbility through scripts, they are immune to 1-5th level spells

7. starwalker Gems: 16/31

if their using a spell it's not an innate power. Even if they are script casting it.

8. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

@ Starwalker

In the unmodded game,you are right,they don't use teleport field.
    But they can see the invisible.It's one of their innate powers,the same with that of the Dragons.

Liches are immune to 1-5 level spells.So even if Breach was an area affect spell (but it isn't) a lich would be immune to it ;)

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

If liches can see invisible, why do they cast True Sight?

10. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Which lich casts True Sight kuemper ?

I don't remember such a thing even in the unmodded game.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lich in the Crooked Crane in gates section and a lich (maybe both) in the ruined temple around Umar Hills. They cast it when I'm scouting with either a ranger stealthed or Imoen invisibled.

12. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

This is strange :confused:

But while you are invisible,they don't cast any spells on you ?

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well, because True Sight dispels other pesky illusions like Mirror Image too, which makes it all the easier to kill you!

Indeed, a simple Mirror Image can absorb the devastating damage of multiple ABDHWs and Metero Swarms, if you are lucky. Liches just want to play it safe. ;)

14. RootOfAllSquares Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I dont know if this helps, but I think (not completely sure, but I think I remember) that both Deirex and the Soul Gem Lich cast true sight the whole time - and I play an unmodded game.

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@thetruth -Liches usually cast their spell trigger, then True Sight. I suppose because the trigger goes off, they know something's up and cast TS to see. They apparently are following the rules of invisibility: can't cast on something/one invis. until you dispel the invis..

16. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Then this means they can not see invisible? Planetars CAN cast on improved invisible enemies as they see invisible. I myself tried this on Improved Invisible Improved Jon Irenicus, Planetar unleashed a lot of Insect Plagues on him with no problems! But you say liches can not...eh I am confused again! :confused:

17. starwalker Gems: 16/31

It's part of your Mods. Remember that some of your mod enemies will follow you around even invisible.

In Unmodded games this does not happen.

They cannot see invisible. They are not immune to Breach. True Sight is a common spell cast ball all the liches in an unmodified game. Usually they do it at least once. Usually it's when you get out of sight for some reason. Usually it's while they are heavily buffed against various things.

Something to keep in mind as a player for your own tactics if you can make it work and something enemies might do if they are playing fair is that an invisible person will still be hit by area of affect spells. You do not have to target the invisible person and you will still hit them. I try to use this tactic on Draconis if I can get lucky and he'll still be sitting in roughly the same spot when he goes invisible and not bouncing around the area like a jack rabbit on drugs.

18. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

I have made some tests in the unmodded game (only with the patch and Baldurdash fix installed).

Well kuemper is right about the Lich in the Crooked Crane.It couldn't see the invisible and casted True Sight.

As for the other liches I have fought the Shade,Elemental lich and Shangalar (Twisted Rune), all of them could see the invisible !
    I don't know why it happens or which other liches can't see through invisibility :confused:

As for the spells Starwalker is right.
    I have noticed that the above liches are not immune to 1-5 level spells and mainly to those non offensive.Like the protections-removal spells (Breach,remove magic etc.).
    But most of the offensive 1-5 spells will not affect them.
    Very strange too :confused:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.