1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Flemeth (spoilers hidden)

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by Kitrax, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's what I was hoping to hear. I have 99 Elf-Roots in my pack and plenty of ingredients for the mort potient mixes... I just needed a source of powder. :D

Thanks OliMcRibb! :grin:

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just had quite a lot of fun this weekend including this fight. Was pretty thrilling IMO :) My party was 11/12; I had tried it earlier before I went to get Shale and I really didn't have much fire damage reduction gear so it was a miserable failure.

After I got Shale and saw he had 20% reduction in fire damage with one of the large clear crystals I had, I tried it again with him, my rogue PC, Liliana and Wynne. Still took a couple of tries because even though everyone but Shale was far away, my PC was dishing out the most damage with his bow so the dragon started using "Fire Spit" on him over and over again. So I tried again using a Greater Warmth Balm on my PC and was successful, though my PC died once near the end. I think my Greater Warmth Balm must have worn off because I was pretty sure I had enough life to survive if it was intact. I just had Wynne Revive him and the dragon was dead shortly after.

What was fun is that the dragon changed tactics. It focused on Shale for the first part of the battle, but then seemed to realize my PC was the damage dealer and started focusing on him. He stayed out of range of everything but the Fire Spit, but there was something the dragon used (Wing Buffet?) to pull my PC in close so he'd have to run back out to where he was. Pretty fun!

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Using Shale's and other warriors taunt has really made so many fights easy for me. Treating Dragon Age like WoW really simplifies everything, tanks up front, lots of hp, lots of threat and dont let them focus on dmg but on keeping the mobs on them, a healer to keep the tank alive and two dps who actually kills stuff and most fights are very manageble. Heck, I have started going mad with the AoE as I can heal through it so I often fight in a blizzard, inferno and that gas cloud thing. Mages outside and Shale and Dog in it bashing things. If you havent tried blood magic you should, the last two spells are stupidly overpowered and short enough cooldowns that you often use them morethan once in a fight.

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was faced with quite a dilemma going into this fight, that is during my evil playthrough. I've developed my main character as an Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage, but without developing that Spirit line that includes Force Field.

And I hadn't gotten Shale yet either, so ...

My tank was the Mabari Hound. Flemeth can't do her hideous "toss you in the air and take several bites" attack on the hound. So the hound can chew away with near impunity after I equip him with the Black Metal Torque that can be bought from Bodahn, and the war paint that gives +30% fire resistance from the innkeeper at the Lake Calenhad docks. Then I spread myself out (using the Staff of the Magister Lord), and Leliana and Zevran as archers, over the field so that Dragon's Breath and Fire Spit doesn't catch everyone and healing is rather routine.

Worked like a charm. ;)

Note: Sten is my usual warrior for an evil playthrough, he rocks with the Starfang greatsword. But I brought on Leliana and the Hound just for this fight.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.