1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Freud's view, and yours...on homosexuality.

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Malaqai, May 15, 2003.

1. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

@Yago: I believe that the Republic may seem very similar to Lenin's political structure, such as his "Aristocracy of Merit" does seem to resemble Lenin's "Dictatorship of the Proletariat". :yot:

Anyway, I believe many the Romans shared the same views on homosexuality as the Greeks. And if anyone has ever read Shogun, it seems that homosexuality was accepted in Japan, yet rude to discuss openly about.

2. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Completly :yot:

At Erebus:

That book is one of the foundaments of all western democracies, or democracies which fancy themselves to be democracies. The most shocking part, I guess, is today the section about eugenics. So, no, the rule through the "king of philosophy" (uh, English vocabulary) hasn't let to dictatorship. I don't say, that it didn't "inspire" certain ideas.

3. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Oh good lord no. I'm horrified. I in no way, shape, or form said or meant to imply that "most of the famous ancient greeks were gay." I did mean that a number of them apparently were and their contributions were huge - but not "most."

4. Agudo Archmage of Light Banned

[​IMG] Well I am glad that the post, was not completely, “high jacked” on :D {Greek}culture!

5. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I note that the topic is partially about Freud. He believed that all psychological problems are related to sex, and that deep down everyone is a pervert. That was because he himself was a pervert.

He had (consensual) sex with his (grown) daughter on a regular basis.

The man was a genius, but he was into incest.

6. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@ Yago i didn't implied you believed these things and if it seemed this way then i'm very sorry. But i must clarify that this article was a total b*******. Things were not like that and this is the outcome of lengthy discussions with historians.
    As for Freud and his point of view on the mind all i can say is that the man was a genius and he proved himself right by doing everything he did.
    But nevertheless nothing can convince that a choice (to be or not to be gay) is a disease.
    And naturally no homosexual or bisexual person should be isolated because he made a choice or anything. :cool:

7. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@ Mithrantir, than I am sorry for assuming that.

But I guess Arabwel is right, the whole thing slipping into an discussion about antiquity means somehow that the thread is over.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.