1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gay?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sarevok•, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    What can I say, I'm gooood :D

(Although technically the test SHOULD have ben 50 or so for me, but apparently the test has "butch" confused with "self-sufficient"

And no, I am NOT sharing a single photo from the time I had no hair.

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No he isn't. I have seen pics of him and he is the epitome of a manly man, complete with big body and furry chest. It's just that he often enjoys telling people that "I'm really a GIRL!"

Oh, shure... Like the baldie would know. Next you probably try to tell us that you aren't a guy either.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What? You didn't have hair? How... interresting, I've never meet a girl without hair. Anyway my hair is my trade mark. Those shoulder brown beauty get the interrest of girls pretty fast! Those are really magical hair of coolness +5

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

23%

I paniced when the gayometer was moving towards 100% that fast, thank goodness it wasnt the real thing...

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Why? Even if the test does give you 100%, you are not going to rape the first man that you see!

Chill out all you insecure males!

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Already got some thanks :lol:

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ohhh who gave them to you, sarevok? :lol:

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sarevok wins on bonus points from the underwear thread. :D

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Cesard brings up a rather interesting point, one that I discussed with some friends recently. It involves male insecurity and the Atlantic divide. North American men (myself included) are unbelievably homophobic. Anything that even smacks of "gayness" (for want of a better term) fills them with dread.

European men can drive tiny little cars or scooters, wear any colour they want, carry a purse (in some places, anyhow, Italy is the one I know of), dance with their male friends (England is the place I heard about this) and otherwise do whatever they wish without worrying about being called a "fag" or whatever. Why is this?

My theory is that these men are very secure in their masculinity. They KNOW that they're men, and no silly little think like the clothes they wear or the car they drive is going to shake that knowledge. NA men, on the other hand, well, who knows?

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    @Ofelix; I do have long hair... it just hasn't always been so :D

@LKD; I sort of agree with that, not that I have much experiencce with North American males.

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    LKD, what do you mean by the dance with male friends thing? Dancing in front of another guy happens here but no waltzing unless it's a dance class and one of the guys is a dancing teacher, but that's obviously different. It's not like dancing is such a big romantic or sexy thing. You dance with your sister or mother or even grandmother. You dance with some other guy's wife. No problem. Showing another guy how to dance wouldn't be a problem other. But asking a guy to dance would be strange. Well, I've seen pairs of guys on the floor but they were doing that to show off their technique or for humour. Not like you normally ask a woman.

One of the reasons behind the Atlantic divide, if there's any, might be that we don't have as many gay people or openly gay people on this side of the pond. And those who are gay often look just like any other man or woman. I think the lawsuit culture and minority fads contribute to the trendiness and the appeal being gay has for some people. ;)

13. Dendri Gems: 20/31

Wouldnt have thought that pals in the US/Canada are barred from hitting the dancefloor together. In Germany there is nothing "suspicious" to it. I do it every weekend, just like the intoxicated rest. :D Its no big deal in other European nations as well. Even Poland, methinks! :p

A question of cultural maturity, no doubt. And of being at ease with sexuality in general. The US strikes me as immature, as insecure and oppressed in matters of sex. Janet and her nipples anyone? Quite hysteric.
    Get rid of that stick up your bum. :p

Europe is nothing compared to some African nations though. There buddies walk around, holding hands. Now, thats unfamiliar.

14. chevalier

Media:
    Yeah, we have no problem dancing with pals at student parties but we don't slow dance or use the ballroom hold (hands joined and the free hand on the person's back). The only case I've seen that has been two guys dancing tango and showing off the technique on my prom. Holding hands just doesn't go for guys here. ;) Two girls no problem. Holding hands with a casual female friend, no problem. But never with a guy. Maybe it isn't even seen as gay but just doesn't come to people's minds. You can tell another guy he looks great or describe him as handsome and people won't take it for gay but holding hands would be quite gross. :D

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I'm from the US, and I agree with you completely. We're ridiculous over here. But the real problem isn't even acknowledging it. I know it's ridiculous, but there's still that ingrained, knee-jerk reaction that we were all unintentionally conditioned to have by our parents and intentionally by our religions. So it gets passed down from generation to generation, and IMHO the only hope we have is a gradual fall-off over several generations. :cry:

EDIT: My uncle/godfather is even gay, and he's the nicest person I have ever met, aside from my mother. But whenever it even crosses my mind that he's gay, I get this reflexive feeling of aversion, and I hate that! :flaming:

[ June 17, 2005, 18:52: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

16. Dendri Gems: 20/31

I know. Relax, chevy! Its merely dancing -- partying -- nothing more. No need to explain a single thing here. One can easily tell the difference of friends dancing from two persons who are headed for the bedroom. Or elsewhere. :p

17. chevalier

Media:
    Oh dear, I AM relaxed. As relaxed as I can be, at least. :shake: :lol: Hehe, anyway. There's surely a lot of difference and everyone knows what's going on. It's just we don't hold hands with other guys around here like we do with girls even if they are just friends. I guess it probably feels sissy. We also kiss girls on cheeks if they're friends but only shake hands with guys. It's a bit different for girls because hetero girls kiss on the cheek or even mouth and hold hands. So while guys do with guys less than they do with girls, girls do with girls more than they do with guys. You would never kiss a guy on the cheek like you do with girls but a girl won't kiss you on the cheek unless you're a friend even if she would kiss a female by default. And she surely won't kiss you on the mouth even if she does that with her female friends, unless you're a really really close friend, like a brother or something, or unless she's romantic with you. Tricky, isn't it? ;)

18. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I should have been more precise -- I was NOT referring to slow dancing. When my sister went on her honeymoon with the complete failure at the game of life idiot loser of an Englishmen she married (can you tell I don't like him?), they went to England. At a local bar, many of Idiot Boy's family was there. The one fellow (I'll call him Dirk) got up and joined a group of guys dancing on the dance floor.

My sister asked another fellow (Ed) at the table if Dirk were gay. Ed almost spilled his beer and asked why on earth she thought that. She said because he was dancing with only guys. Ed told Dirk about this, and Dirk was stunned. "She thought I was a poof just because I was dancin' with me mates? What's the matter with her??!!"

Speaking as a N.A. male, I would only join a circle of dancers if there were at least 3 or 4 women there. Not a good reflection on me, I know.

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

20%. I'm certainly a metro-sexual though, despite what the test says.

I would rather be single than be with either.

chev, I've had girls open-mouth kiss me even when she knew that I was completely unavailable. That is really a poor example.

Yes, but there are people that will accuse you of being gay even if they do know that you're not trying to bed your partner. A real man doesn't really care, though.

They aren't barred from hitting the dance floor together. It's rare to see two men slow dancing, but even back in grade school (where extreme homophobia is the norm) you would see guys hitting the dance floor together and nobody would assume anything.

20. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Nothing bad in that. I think gays are abnormal and should be avoided. I can deal with them when I have to, but that does not mean I have to like them, does it? Gays are just one thing among others that I (personally) dislike.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.