1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Golems

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Menion Leah, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

iron golems can be taken down by arrows +3 too (either arrows +3 or a bow that fires magical arrows +3), not sure if this works on adamint. golems though.

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

It will, so long as the arrows (bow doesn't matter) are at least +3.

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

One really lame cheese tactic which works on golems is the Wand of Cloudkill. The spell does not work though. I have never tried this wand on the brain or magic golems but I know it works on the more average ones from SOA and Wather's Keep. By TOBland you should have fairly good items for it not to bother anymore.

I have never found any benefit to the "Anti-golem staff" having never destroyed a single golem with it. The sling of Everard from Joluv in the Copper Coronet also works well.

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hah! I never had an idea why Clay Golems seemed that invulnerable. To think that it was because only blunt weapons could harm them... sigh. I always just memorized a huge amount of lower resistance spells to get rid of them. At some point I figured Minsc was able to harm them because he had a non-magical weapon. Still for some reason I couldn't figure out why other non-magical weapons didn't work. Because of the lower resistance trick I just left it there. Blunt weapons, argh!

Still, anyone else find the Book of Golems' (or somesuch) upgrade from Clay golems to Juggernaut golems completely useless? The first time I ever made that upgrade was also the last. A Clay golem can take on most of ToB's opponents like no tomorrow. It's practically invulnerable as few enemies carry blunt weapons or use magics that could harm something with those resistances. Even if it can't cause too much damage, it can take as much beating as it has time left until being unsummoned.

A correction on the Magic golem's part still, they can't be killed with fists. I use fists as well to beat them down, but they only go unconscious. For that purpose I usually carry a normal longsword in my bag, or memorize a monster summoning spell for the occasion.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.