1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Goody-Goody-Two-Shoes Party

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

For rp value, you could use Nalia, perhaps if she wasn't so crap.I had the same idea as you, and my party is:

Me- Vampire Hunter (Fighter) LG
    Saerilith- Pally LG
    Yasraena (is that her name?) Fighter CG(iirc)
    Anomen- Priesty LN
    Nalia- Mage/Thief NG?

And I;ve got a space for either Keldorn or Mazzy, depending upon which quest I get first. Probs Mazzy.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I don't think Nalia is crap at all actually. I never use her as my party's only thief. And as far as her mage abilities are concerned, she practically an exact copy of Imoen, although she typically is a level or two ahead of Imoen. I am of the firm belief that if you are the type of player who likes having two mages, you could do a lot worse than having the combination of Imoen/Nalia.

However, I am trying to RP this as much as I can, and as such, I feel that it would make more sense that my party would try to get to Imoen as soon as we could, and take her along. IIRC, both Imoen and Nalia are Neutral Good. While I had initially thought about taking 6 LG characters, like I said in the initial post, there's no way I can do that and still get a thief. The party I plan to play is:

Front Line:
    PC (Aldeth) - Undead Hunter
    Anomen - uses shield and will have good AC

Middle line: Sarelith and Keldorn

Back Line: Mazzy and Yoshi/Imoen

Of course, one problem I see with this is that Mazzy is going to be really, really far away from the front line, and I may be better served by giving her proficiency in some type of throwing weapon, especially for battles in tight corridors where she may not be able to physically get to the front lines. Sarelith and Keldorn won't have that problem as they will likely be using two-handed weapons with longer reach. Perhaps I'll give her a couple of point in axes, and give her Azuredge.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hmm, I've got Soren(My PC), Yasraena and Saerlith in my front line, as they all kick bottom very well. ANo is my middle lne, waiting behind with the healing spells, and Nalia has the Tuigan bow.

I don't mind Nalia's mage skills, those are fine. WHat I dislike is how pants she is as a thief, that's why I don;t rate her.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Um, she's already a grandmaster in short bows...give her a short bow! :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.