1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Have You Ever Found Money?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

1300 English pounds in an envelope, when i was walking along the beach on Mallorca with my brother. We had one hell of a vacation back then. :D

Another time i found a wallet, containing somewhat 350 Dutch guilders, and the occasional loose change moments, or 10 and 25 guilder bills.

I was pretty lucky i guess, running into these opportunities. :D But since the entrance of the €, i still haven't found anything.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I think the largest amount that I have found was a $10 bill - or maybe I should say that the dog found it. I was walking my parent's dog and she always tries to pick up whatever rubbish people leave in the streets. Invariably she will pick something up and I have to reach down and pull it out of her mouth - imagine my surprise when I found out that the latest piece of litter was actually money.

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I have money everywhere. On my desk. In my wardrobe. There's a hundred dollar bill on the top of my unused CD player. I have lots of spare change lying around...I bet I can make a small fortune if I collected it all up.

Found some loose changes here and there that doesn't belong to me, but that's about it. About a dollar, maybe two.

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Once at a friends house, we were helping his dad clean up their garage, and we found several tins of coins. We were bored, so we counted it, and there was over $200! His mom got the money rolled, and we've payed for many things with that money. We even payed the pizza guy in dimes once, that was good fun.

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Never found anything, aside from the usual (really small) change.

I once found several foreign bills while walking on the street. I was very excited when I picked them up, because I have a (very nice) collection of foreign bills, and I was sure I didn't have those (couldn't even figure out what country they were from). But then some guy comes up and it turns out he dropped. Darn.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hey deathmage...do you need a maid? I'd be willing to offer my services...

7. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I once found 200 crowns, but most of the time I wonder where my own money disappear.

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Found over the years: $10USD, at most.
    Lost over the years: $350USD, at least.

I really should care more about money, but I won't. :D

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I once lost 20SEK (ca 3$) I had got as a treat to buy candy for and I dropped it on the way to the candy store. I didnt notice it until I arrived and I was devastated. This was back in the day and you got a lot of candy for 20SEK. I scoured the ground I had walked on and lo and behold! When I was almost home again I found my money! I was ecstatic! :D

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I think the most I found (and kept) was about £10, but I've stolen £20 out of my mates mums purse which I "sorta" found (and she knew nothing of it). But the worst thing was, when I was just 6 me and my sister found a wallet outside our house and there was a fair bit of money in it, but we didn't count it. We checked out the ID and turned it in to the address and the guy gave us £10 each (not bad considering), just before he closed the door he told us if he'd lost the deposit for his flat he'd have gone mad... normaly amounts to at least a months rent £250 - £1000... I wasn't happy with my £10 I can tell ya!!

11. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I've found a wallet with 20 quid in and later found out it was my friends...lol.. I threw the wallet away just before. How crappy did I feel.

A bit different as well but I was given an extra pound when getting change at my local climbing wall. Being quite honest I gave him it back and thought nothing of it. I went to the vending machine and got two packets of crips for the price of one. Nice to see honesty pays off :D

12. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Oh, and btw, don't tell anyone, but if you own a very acurate weighing machine, you can stick two pennies together with blue tack (that make up the same weight of a £1 coin), dislodge them slightly so they are slightly wider, and you can use them on some of the old vending machines, used to get lots of free ciggies with that trick back in the day... I love english money!!

13. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Sorry, but I cleaned my room several days ago. Now it's all tidily organized in a easy-to-steal can. You still interested? ;)

14. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, i found 25 Gulden (round 13 Euro's now) once at the football kantine (did i spell this right?), but i gave it to the owner of it, got some thanks and a free diner there.

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Only spare change coins, sometimes a banknote. Never really much.

Once they caught me in a shop in Belgium, telling me I dropped a coin. When I tried to pick it up, it occured to be glued to the floor and I saw that camera team. Everyone had a good laugh.

16. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I work part-time as a bartender, so I find money laying around after hours after everyone has gone, but never much. There was one day, though, when after closing (its a restaraunt bar, so we close at 10 or 11 PM) a found a $20 on the floor. Not a big deal, but I had a stellar night, and it was icing on the cake. Then I drive home, and find a $10 on my doorstep I must have dropped earlier. Just one of those days...

But, winter is coming, and we'll all be putting on our coats again. Who knows what we'll find.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.