1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Here I stand in the spotlight, losing my religion!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by ShadowDaemon, Feb 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hehe...poor Extremist. Love doomed to wither (she's MARRIED you know ;)).

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] ShadowDaemon .... that story is no where in the Bible (maybe in the book of Mormon), and you've gotten it all wrong!

Lets leave organized religion on the side for now. It obviously is NOT what God had in mind when he sent his prophets and his Son to the world. Its been corrupted and often does do more harm to free will than good.

The real question is if a relationship with God through Jesus Christ kills free will. The answer to that one is a powerful "NO".

The differnece between Jesus & Satan is that Jesus seeks to create brothers while Satan seeks to create slaves.

The Goal of the Morning Star/Lucifer is to subdue our free will, our intellect and our ability to enjoy life. Pleasure is not his creation, and true pleasure will lead us away from him and back into the arms of his Enemy (the Father who created pleasure). So Satan seeks to keep us preoccupied with minor pleasures and hints of delight. The more we buy into his lies, the more our will is subdued and his will takes precidence.

The Enemy of Satan takes a very different approach. With a mere taste of his presence, he could easily enamor us and pull us from dark into light, but with the consequence of having overwhelmed us to his side. Instead, he seeks to have us choose his way. So he stays veiled. We only sense his presence faintly and only for seasons of time. We learn and fall in love with him, and then find the church corrupt, our hearts twisted and his presence failing. In those dry times, we *choose* to follow Him. In those times of temptation, we *desire* to become more like him. Through this process, free will is slowly unchained, trained, and it grows into a powerful force.

3. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

i am an atheist. what happens to me if i start believing that i exist?

[Your ego swells up even more.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited February 05, 2002).]

4. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Wow, Mathetais, just wow. That's inspiring.

5. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Lattery-day Saints, and ShadowDaemon, I see the direction you're coming from, but there is some stuff missing from the Mormon view and what you've got. But I'm not going to or try to preach, the only thing I care about is happiness.
    Mathetais, you've got some great ideas and concepts. We should get together and just discuss. I know I couldn't change your mind, and you couldn't change mine, but I want to understand other's points of view.

6. I dont believe in nothing.

Dont sue me.

Thank you.

Ezellohar Shark
    (a un-believer paladin)

7. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

How can you believe in god. There is no evidence that he exists. You might as well believe that Elvis is dead.

8. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] elvis IS dead. :cry: deal with it. :lol:

9. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

Well, yes, he is dead NOW. But he might not have been dead then, that's all I'm saying. I suppose god existed once but now he doesn't any more. :confused:

10. the god Gems: 13/31

no, god exists NOW! btw, isn't there a religion that follows The King?

11. KalTorakk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

wow. i am impressed with the responses that this post has brought. If you guys have the time, i urge you to check out Teentalk.com (if you haven't already). its got a great section for discussing religion, and it would be great to get some new opinions/people in there. over there i'm KalTorak, btw.

*end of shameless plug*

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Someone who actually followed this topic, tell me if it got to the point where it should be closed, because it seems like it by the last few posts...

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Tal ... while I have not lost my religion, I have lost my interest in this thread. Time to close it. The Elvis comment was the final nail in the coffin ;)

14. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Whats wrong with Elvis? I mean as gods go you could do far worse than to worship Elvis.

15. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

So much for what started as a serious post. ELVIS, honestly!!

16. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

Look, will everyone stop making fun of Elvis!! Or else... :borg:

17. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] no offence Tiamat, but from most angles :spin: your avatar looks like watto from the phantom menace. anyone else pointed that out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.