1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Here we go! Euro 2012. (Americans tolerated)

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Merlanni, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Haha, it's like poking a sleeping dog with a stick.

2. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Spain certainly did that to us last night. They should have won by more than 4 goals. Spain attempted 860 passes, we tried 254. We still played more bad passes than them :lol:. And so we're the first team out. We were lucky to get here but were way out of our depth. It was disappointing that we we didn't even look organised which is the one thing we have been good at under Trap.

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

The Irish are the winners of the tournament: I doubt you hear any other country going down singing :)

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Despite losing I think Sweden somewhat redeemed itself last night.

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    Absolutely shambolic performance in parts. Young and Johnson were especially bad. The former was mostly anonymous and the latter can't defend to save his life. Same old problems for England too - mentally frail, sit too deep when they go ahead, can't keep the ball for toffee but at least this lot (not the most talented of recent England sides) show a bit of heart. Despite their obvious deficiencies you've got to credit them for coming back like that.

Zlatan though, what a knobhead. Undeniably talented, but a massive prick.

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    He has covered himself in tattoos, a pretty sure clue that someone is a knobhead. ;)

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The economic recession must have hit Portugal hard. The players were so hungry they threw themselves on every fresh spot of grass they could find.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :lol: And 1/3 of that artificial turf. I guess the dolls need it to sustain their plastic look. :p
    This Eurocup has been rather frustrating. I guess I'll be routing for our eastern neighbours. The rivalry between Germany and Holland is friendly now, so I guess I'll be quite safe, compared to the 90s. And I kinda like England.

True! Hard to find fans like that. Talking about fans (or rather: actual "supporters") I also like the Scots, but they weren't there...

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Group B was a pretty even group - no games ended in a draw but no match was won by more than one goal.

Though I hate to admit it, the Danish team wasn't good enough in the "Group of Death". We were lucky to get a victory against the Netherlands and didn't deserve to win against Portugal or Germany. I'd say it was the right teams that went on to the quarter finals.

10. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    Group B was indeed tough. Though Germany was lucky to win all three matches, no game was a sure thing. There was even the worry in the last match vs Denmark to not qualifying for the quarters if Denmark had scored the 2:1 and not Germany. I'm surprised how organized their game was throughout the tournament.
    Sad that Poland didn't make it, they had some sympathetic players.
    Also, that Netherlands is out, is quite a shock. Would have liked to see them in the 2nd part of the tournament.

11. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I'd rather have seen Denmark get to the quarter finals than Cristiano Ronaldo's hair. What a douchebag...

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh yeah! That's an easy choice. Denmark has always been high in my Favorite/Sympathy list. Portugal is probably on the bottom line of that. Don't get me wrong. I like their country and people, but not their football team.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    The Germans look really, really good....

14. Déise

So do Spain. Although my flatmate fell asleep and started snoring during it :sleep:. God they're dull.

15. joacqin

Media:
    Dull, don't know about that. Many of their games were dull but that was because they faced teams who refused to play and just put all their players in their own box. Italy didn't and instead tried to play football with Spain. That didn't go well. I am fairly sure that this generation of Spain is the best national team ever and I can't see anyone against whom they will not be favourites against the next world cup. I thought they were on their way down and that Italy had a real chance and I honestly think that Italy was the team with the best chance but it was not close.

16. Déise

Yep a big part of why they're sometimes dull is that they're just so much better than the opposition. And most of the time they're happy to just run down the clock rather than trying to score again. They definitely were more positive in the final though. It was just awesome stuff. Scary to think they've now won 3 tournaments in a row and plenty of their team will still be in their prime for the next world cup.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.