1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did you decide what you wanted as your SN?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Drathir Darthirii, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

In times past there was this run of the mill druid, going by the name of Dendri, who was quick to cast them bug-spells at any fool blighting Mother Nature (which, as it was, tended to be most random bipedal creatures... a druid gone bad, what fun. Viccy thought it all a most satisfactory arrangement though).

How it came to be that I chose Dendri for my SP name I cannot tell - but I'm sure I felt particularly pink that day.

2. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

mmm that feeling of deja-vu.

Mis-spelling of Carcharoth, the large wolf who swallowed a silmaril in "The Silmarilion".
    I joined an Animal rescue website when looking for our dog, and Carcharoth was the only canine fantasy character I could think of. Unfortunately I wrongly guessed the spelling, and too many others had obviously done likewise when I did a google search to check.

I'm not sure if our lovesick and lonely wanderer has ever forgiven me for eating his hand. He can have it back if he wants, although it is partly digested now...

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    My first name. Simple as that. :)

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Felt like some of the english-speaking people could use some help, so changed to this one. Still use my old nick, Wirhe, on finnish boards.

"Wordplay", well; it's pretty self-explanatory.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    You never told us what Wirhe means though :p

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Not to me, it isn't.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Saber comes from Runescape (for any runescape buffs, no, I was not a part of the sabre clan). I thought the name sounded cool, and I've stuck with it for everything (or, variations, like Saber13, and my AIM SN: BlackHawkSaber).

"I'll take swords for 300!"
    "Mr. Connery, that is s-words, as in words that begin with s... Popeye is this kind of ______."
    "SABER!"
    "No... what?!"
    "Saber is a sword, and it begins with S!"

Thank you, celebrity jeopardy!

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Hmmm...

If I remember correctly, I was taking a Shakespeare class at the time that I first came across the boards here. Due to a somewhat unhealthy infatuation with the character of Falstaff, I decided to go there. That's it. It's just that boring.

I liked it, and have since then never really felt the need to change it.

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Favorite FR god.

My both of my Nephilim characters (half-sisters) have a planetar father who serves Ilmater.

My Nephilim Paladin of Ilmater centers her life around suffering in the place of others to get closer to Ilmater.

Ilmater is the only FR deity that creates an Paladin order that is actively more concerned about showing mercy to those in need then hacking away at something evil.

I like Christ Figures.

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

When I signed up for SP it was the name of my current character. I was trying to come up with a name that said strong but stupid and Brallrock was it.

I almost went with my old P&P D&D name of Teran of the Wandering Few. He was a 11th level human ranger.

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'm pretty sure I did, since there was a thread about nicks some months ago, IIRC. Not sure, but in all shortness, it means "Mistake" with a special "M."

Word and play; play with words; something which forums mostly are about. ;)

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Mine's a character that has been under development since 2000. His name only cam to be in 2002, but it was basically the same guy. I use him first in like every game, so he's my main man. You can see a picture I use of him here.

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    But EI you realise Irenicus is the name of BG2's Big Bad ass villain?

14. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I always liked Aragorn's nickname but I'm evil hence...

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Yes. Uh, don't take the name Irenicus seriously, it was on a whim and stuck. Always wanted to change it, (not just as SN, but forever), but can't as my screen name, and always forget to, and can't think of another name suited to it.

16. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Hey guys, I might as well add in mine huh.

Well, I started off as Sebastian II because well, that's what I was SUPPOSED to be named as a child but my parents wanted something more Italian, so Alessandro it was :D The two was simply because it wasn't the choice my parents made, so I guess my second name would be appropriate.

After I got tired of the name, I went on to $ilvershield, purely because of the fact that I liked tha name and the fact that he was a rich ass in BG! I still feel like making a mod where you start as his son, or nephew or some type of family member of his. Stay tuned for that!

Nevertheless, my name changes alot these days. Seriously, I get called something new everytime I'm out so you can expect my SN to change shortly ...

Btw EI, I was looking at that picture ... are you SURE it's not the Irenicus we're al thinking??? I mean, the blades he has were made by Ellesime :hmm:

17. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    While doing research for a college class on Chaucer's "Knight's Tale," and the historical background of knights during Chaucer's time, I stumbled on this "character," who was one of King Edward III favorite knights (Edward was also Chaucer's king).

http://www.lionrampant.org/history-chandos.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Chandos

The "Red" has nothing to do with the Viking, Eric the Red, but is just there to annoy conservatives. ;)

18. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

The name of my first ever BG rogue. I liked it so much that it's been the name for all my rogues since, and my favourite internet nick.

19. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The name of my first BG II character, who was a sorcerer. I SKed him, gave him every damn spell there was, and spoiled the whole damn game. A sidenote is that when I name my mages/sorcs "Bahir the Red", I *always* pick the portrait of the mage with a blue robe-cloak on from IwD. Go figure (I can't)

20. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Darkthrone's the name of a Norwegian Black Metal band. I listened to their "Transylvanian Hunger" album at the moment of my registration. I always thought that the name was particularly stupid and wannebe evillike. But, hey: this is a fantasy RPG board, right!?

It fits.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.