1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did you find the SP?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Volsung, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I found SP on Google. Hunting for mods to pasify my unsightly addiction to Baldur's Gate 2 and the other IE games. I was impressed to find an IE games fansite that was designed so well and sported such high quality mods and files. Most gaming fan sites look like they were designed by monkeys (I'm a web designer myself, so this stuff tends to bug me more than most people).

I actually visited the sight a few times a week for almost a year and never registered. I'd just check the front page for "New Site Additions" for new mods to download. I always noticed the interesting topic titles on the boards, and occasionally read one or two. Then one day someone started a topic I felt compelled to invite myself into (didn't we all?) and registered. My productivity at work has been officially in the crapper ever since. :rolleyes:

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Found a link to here from Planet Baldur's Gate -- don't need that site much anymore -- they lost themselves a customer!

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Just before I found SP I discovered the amazing ability to use other portraits in BGI, somehow (don't remember exactly) I got here, and frequently returned.

It wasn't for a year later or so that I joined BOM (was a internet newbie then and didn't even know about message boards) and here I still am.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't remember life before SP :hmm:

I think my friend said something like:
    "I found this weird site that has good walkthroughs but nothing else."

I had a look on the site and proved him wrong!

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Saw it mentioned in DSimpson's FAQ about places for additional information or some such. I came, thought it was kind of neat, registered a year later after following a number of good threads on the boards.

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I got a link from someone on my own little BG2 forum (Which I started because for at that time a solely Diablo series forum, had a lot of BG2 discussion going on ;) ) I signed up, got comfortable, and never left :grin:

7. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I would read the forums on bgchronicles before bg2 came out. Eventually that site turned into SP I believe.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] BG Chronicles became Planet BG. SP has always been SP.

9. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yes Tal, and may S.P. always be S.P. :D

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, after the fall of Game Banshee (the place I used to get all my walkthroughs for BG1 and 2, and IWD), I went looking for a new site that wouldn't let me down the way GB did. I first found TeamBG, which got me in to modding. I was soon on the look out for a site that had walkthroughs, mods, news, and possibly a forum...I actually found a few sites that offered what I needed but they either died out, had uptight members, or the site would change on a regular basis. So eventually I found SP. It's been the best site I've ever bookmarked! :thumb:

I came,
    I saw,
    I liked,
    I stayed! :rolling:

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] I was looking for some help for BGII IIRC. I belive it was Kangaax :(
    Surely i found it.

And i found another buddy up here Kenneth of the Darkforest (anyone still remembers him?).We were competing for numbers of posts. Real spammers :grin: . We even got banned for a day :cool:
    But he took his school very seriously so he didnt wander up here anymore. That was just about a year ago. I wonder if he'll come up here now that holiday have begun.

I think that this spamming competition kept me up here for a month... Then i noticed some people up here werent such idiots as on some other forums + i improved my english a LOT.

I indend to stay up here for some time still...though i'm not spamming anymore ;) :D

12. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

As did most, I came across SP while doing a search (using Copernic, in my case). Unlike others who have posted thus far, I was searching for information about Neverwinter Nights. I found many, bookmarked a few, but only visit here with any regularity. :D

13. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I noticed SP in the thanks section of some FAQ about BGII. No google for me.

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I first came across the site via a reference in Dan Simpson's BGII walkthrough. I don't think I ever really bothered looking outside of the games pages for a good six months or so until one day I was bored and decided to take a look around the rest of the site. I happened to see the title of an interesting poll in the "Latest Active Forum Threads" box on the main page and before I knew it I had registered.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I restarted a study where I met a new friend, a very good one even! We both liked cRPG's and he mentioned SP. I believe this guy goes under a nick something like 'Faragon'. So you can blame him for introducing me to you.

16. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

As with most of the members here, I performed a search while trying to find out an answer to a BG question. Now I spend most of my time in Roleplay Corner running one of the on-line games. Anyone that likes CRPG's should try joining an on-line gaming session.

PS: I noticed that except for Tal and myself, no-one else that registered in the year 2000 has replied to this post. Where are all the old-time SP'ers.

17. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I was on TeamBG with my brother in 2000 IIRC ago and we saw a link to these boards. I didn't want to register but he did. His name was DarkCroll and he got banned after two month of spamming. Now he hates this site and then I had to register. :p I did it in october 2001 and had a big holdup between december 2001 and september 2002 but now I'm back for more.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.