1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How has SP changed you?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Death Rabbit, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, looking at my old posts (like those when I first joined), I'm not exactly the goofball I was back then. I don't think it's related to SP -- this change also happened IRL.

Gone are the goofy, nonsensical posts. Nowadays, it seems all I do is bash WWE and TNA in the Colosseum, or lose my temper at Kitrax and his affair with Samsung, or lose that same temper at all the Phoney Ericsson lovers.

Oh well.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Before I was a nothing, now I'm... still a nothing, I guess. But a nothing with almost 800 posts :p .

I don't know if it has changed me. It has changed my daily schedule, however, SP-school-SP-eat-SP-sleep.

And taught I English, mustn't not have to forget that.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I should bloody hope I've changed! :xx: I was thirteen when I joined these boards, had my 19 birthday a couple of weeks back, SP has seen me go through high school, two levels of qualification and now into University.

I've made some awesome friends here, some I've met up with as well :D I do not believe my changes have come purely from the boards, but the site is generally more mature than many game sites that I had frequented previously. I am betting it has been a catalyst of some description to me growing as I would have done naturally :)

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Well, for starters, SP's helped me to pull my head out of my hiney and smell the roses, so I'm not such a tightarse (can you say that in here?) anymore :rolleyes:

All of you wonderful people made me realize that being such a loner never quite pays off as I stupidly once might have thought it would.

Heartfelt thanks. And :thumb: for everyone

5. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Am I a little late to chime in? Oh well, that's never stopped me before.

You know, it's been a few years since I was really into the BoM--and there was a time when everything I did revolved around this place in some way. I kind of stopped because, as Harbourboy mentioned, I felt like maybe I was wasting too much of my time that should be spent on other things; but it was a bit like coming off a bad addiction.
    I've changed in many ways thanks to the BoM. I've lost the narrow american view of the world to some extent, and I see so many sides to so many issues. I found some really wonderful people, and learned that not everyone on the internet is... an internet person. And I had found a really lovely and amazing guy on here, and even though that relationship didn't last, the positive ways that it changed me continue on. The BoM are directly related to that, so...

Nakia likes this.
  6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I'm REALLY late commenting on this topic - but I will anyway.

As an actual :geezer: it has been a pleasure to trade posts with people a lot younger than me. And people my age. And the occasional person older than me . . . you know who you are!

I've changed a bit in my perception of the Internet, and I've been enlightened about some things, and amused by many others.

On the whole a good place to spend the odd 10 minutes or so of each day.

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I love SP :) 'nuff said

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    After I got a decent internet connection this site and Bioware were the only ones I was a member of. Two years years ago a third site joined, and that is it. Bioware is to crowded whit console plates and kids to keep me interested for someting else than game info

The third is a hardware site. Two years ago I decided not to beg anymore in pc-stores for service or a fair price. That site lets me choose the right part and I put it in myself.

I grew up late and still am a loner, sometimes to the extremes of ignoring everybody at work expect the supervisors. (Once you loose my respect you are dead to me.)

But from the first step on the internet this site has kept its level of competence. I got the account for that reason.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.