1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I have an admission to make

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Felinoid, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Wow I feel ashamed that I didn't see this post before, I don't think there is enough word let alone words I know that can describe this situation. Suffise to say that I'm sorry for you.

But still I think there's some good news for you, and it's a good thing.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ummm, I don't want to be the thorn in your side...but you have 2 days till the deadline. :eek:

Glad to hear things are looking better. :thumb: :rolling:

3. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Glad things are going better. Taking care of a loved one at is taxing. Make sure you take care of yourself too.

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Heh, I know something about how people you have never met can't know your pain. But everyone just about has had some form of problem. And the fact that so many give a little time just to give some support... it really means something. Knowing this has humbled me, because where else can you get this friendship. Be well, and really BELIEVE in the caring. :)

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Right, found it. ;)

Well, Fel, I hope you're doing ok considering the circumstances. And I'm sorry to hear about your mum passing away, but in a way I can imagine you're relieved her suffering is over. Hope you have some caring people around you that you can rely on. And we're here as well, of course. :)

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hey Fel. I know that I am a random whom you might have seen posting a few things on here but have never really known anything about, but you have my deepest sympathies and utmost respect for being able to handle something as major as this. I have gone through several deaths in my family in the past few years which have been devastating for me but I can only shudder to think what have been through, and are going through at the moment. As I said before, you have my respect as well as anyone else's who has read what you went through.

7. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I give you my best and, although it may not seem it sometimes, you will move on, just never forget the good times she gave you...to be honest I can't even begin to think about what your going through, I'm not particularly close to anyone in my family beyond my parents and my sister, and so I've never suffered a loss even close to yours, and I don't know how I would feel in your place, but like so many before have said, we're here for you :)

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Sorry again for your loss Fel. I'm not trying to say that your situation and mine were the same, but I wanted to share what happened with me after my dad died at home on hospice. I started to get a feeling of relief mixed in with my sadness due to all the stress that was gone from not having to care for him 24 hours a day, and I started to feel guilty like something was wrong with me. Luickily I shared this with the hospice nurse and he told me that almost everyone goes through it, and that it was a natural response. I'm not saying that you do feel this way, I just thought I would share in case you were.

You and your family have my deepest condolences in your time of loss.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Tough break mate.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Once again, you got my sympathies, Big Cat. Try to keep the morale and try not to brood and mope 24/7 - try to have some manner of fun, it'll make going through easier. Like I said in RBP, brooding about the dead is not an option. I already did so - and believe me it's not the smartest of choices, more a self-destructibe one. Count on me when you need some randomness, though.

Jolt Cherry Bomb for everyone!

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Only just found this now. My deepest sympathies, Fel. My Grandmother just passed away recently in similar circumstances, not a brain tumor but clots were forming and it was affecting the flow of blood to her brain.

I hope above all things that she is not in pain and be glad that you have this time with her. Make it count, Fel.

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

My mother died of breast cancer some time ago. Its going to be hard for a while, but you will get through it.

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    My condolences, Fel.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I've probably come about this topic before, but why I haven't contributed escapes me. My apologies.

My sympathies to you Fel, and to Cúchulainn as well.

15. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

"Grief is your friend. It allows you to mourn."

That's a quote from a fictional character, but I think it holds true.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.