1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I love you, BoM.

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Nakia, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Indeed, this was also my first forum, havnt stayed commited to any other than here. Although im more prolific in the chatroom than i am on the boards.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

ack, those rogue stones under certain avatars are confusing me, I'd gotten used to it being either Aikanaro or myself only :doh:

Yeah, I have to agree. I love this place. Even if I don't usually engage in any big or deep conversations or debates, I have lot of fun posting around and playing the games in the sensorium.

I also love the anonymity of being just a name and rogue stone yet feel the (if I may describe it this way) kind of "cozy" feeling that our online community has. It really does make you feel that you can say whatever you want but not act like a jackass :D

.edit.

Yeah, first forum for me too. Also the only one I ever stuck around on except for that time during my on the job training and for some reason BoM was caught by the company firewall but I was able to access Gamebanshee forums and other stuff. Wtf? :confused:

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Echoing the general feeling here but...
    ... is it just me or has the BoM stagnated a bit recently? I haven't seen any active new members for ages, and with the slow but steady decrease in older members things are starting to feel a little ... emptier.
    I think a lot of my BoM-love is tied up in nostalgia. Things seem to be slowing down a lot here, there seems to be less to do. I don't know - maybe it's just me. Sorry to be the downer in an otherwise positive thread.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I guess maybe less people are playing Baldur's Gate now?

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    A few play NWN, NWN2, Jade Empire etc. though m8. It's still OK here. Very unique forum. It's my home page is this!

6. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I haven't been around much as of late, but BoM is always on my list of sites that I automatically surf when I open my browser :D Old habits die hard I guess....not that I want it to di...ok, gonna stop digging a hole.

I'm going to pop into the FAI and see whats happening now...I'm in the mood and uni work can wait :p

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I know what you guys mean though...I've sort of stopped visiting the BG2 forum altogether...just keep it to Whatnots and AoDA these days because those are the ones where you have the most activity going on...

Ah I remember the good old days when we used to have these long threads about how cheesy Imp. Irenicus was and general exploits of magery...:beer:

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Guys, have you no doubt. I love this place. Maybe this doesn't show as much these days as it did before, but I do. And there's some work pending, while I try my best to keep the news arriving in time. Who knows, maybe in the days to come soon, I'll be able to pull off an extra or too. Working full time plus a PhD course plus SP is a little strain sometimes. ;)

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The Boards O' Magick are indeed made completely of awesome ;)

I shall have to attend here more frequently! I used to be inseparable from this place before migrating to the chatroom.

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hey 8people! Welcome back. Hope to see you around.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.