1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Idiot Alert!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Rallymama, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What about people that phone the wrong number and KEEP calling instead of double-checking the number?

Him: May I speak to (insert name)?
    Me: No, I think you got the wrong number.
    Him: Oh I'm sorry, bye.
    Me: No problem, bye.
    --- 10 seconds later:
    Him: May I speak to (insert same name)?
    Me: No, you still have the wrong number.
    Him: Hmmm.. is this (insert phone number)?
    Me: Yes, but there is no (insert name) here. You should check that number again.
    Him: Ok, sorry, bye.
    Me: Bye.
    --- 15 seconds later:
    (insert dialogue above plus talking in a pissed-off tone) :almostmad:

2. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ok, I am going to add myself as an example of an idiot.
    Case 1- My wife told me when we moved to California, not to leave food lying around because ants can be pretty bad out here. I fed the cats and spilled some food on the floor. I figured the cats would eat it and no problem. Ha ha ha. They left the food and I just battled a huge army of ants. There was hundreds of them all over the laundry room.
    Case 2- Found the perfect job listing Monday. Deadline for applying was Wednesday. I procrastinated and thought I had time. I missed it entirely.
    :doh:

3. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Two stupid guys pissed me off :almostmad:
    A:Hi can i speak with Osman please?
    Me:Wrong number
    A:Oh sorry
    --------(1 minute later)
    A:Can i speak with Osman please?
    Me:Wrong number again.Try calling a different area code.
    A:Oh pardon.
    ---------(1 minute later)
    A:Hi it's Osman anyone called me?
    :mad: :almostmad: :flaming: :almostmad:

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    When I was working as a someone-for-everything-student for a mashine building company here in Cologne I frequently had to aid my colleagues with their computers. It pointed out that they used some 7 different OSes in the same building: Linux, Win 3.11, Win95, Win98, Win-NT, MacOS and Unix .... :hmm:
    The best thing was: The bosses had fired the network admin - they determined his uselessness by the very fact that the company hadn't had a network crash for 2 years :evil: That was about when I decided to leave .... :shake: ;)

[ February 14, 2003, 11:38: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

5. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

my boss was trying to show me something on the network that required his password. When he typed it in and pushed enter, it came up invalid. He said, "How did i know that was wrong?"

Er, dummy, it's your password and your fingers type it. No one else knows it so how would we have known it was wrong before you hit go??

I hate my boss.

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Some idiot at the local pharmacy in my town mis-entered the phone number that is printed on their pill-bottles for refills - one little number! Now I get about six to eight calls a day from really old people trying to get their prescriptions refilled - when I tell them that they are calling the wrong number and then give them the correct number, they call back anyways! I called the pharmacy yesterday to complain, and they said that they were sorry and would correct the mis-entered phone number, but that there was nothing else they could do about it... I should just wait it out until all of those prescriptions are finished. AAAARGH!!

7. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'm currently working on a high security database.. I can't tell you the specifics, but my genius boss has made it safe alright: how to get into the database? username: which is basically my first name, password: the same as the user name! And how about getting in there as admin? You guessed it: admin/admin.

And at the same time they tell me to log out of the computer every single time I leave the room, even if I'm just going to the bathroom! It's really one of those things that call for a :bang:

8. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I remember walking into a restaurant some summer day. It was like 170 thousand degrees outside, so I didn't have much of an apetite and just ordered a salad. The waitress looks at me and - I swear to God - says "Salad? But you're not fat."

/me scratches head. Hmm.. Eat salad, not fat. How do you think that might have happened?

9. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Me and my Static lecturer. It was just a casual off class talk when the issue went to molecules (like atoms, electrons, protons and such).

He asked me, "Can't you see molecular structure using microscope? Microscope nowadays are very fancy, they can even see bacteria."

10. Charlie Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] I overheard this fellow say that his friend left his pager. The guy proceeded to call the paging company and left a message saying, "Come back. You left your pager." :doh: When the pager beeps, he says, " I hope he gets back soon. He has a new message." :doh: :doh:

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

That "guy redials wrong number thing is really annoying".

Caller: Hello, is Barbara there?
    Me: No, sorry, you have a wrong number.
    Caller: Sorry, bye.

I put down the phone and walk back over to my TV. As soon as I sit down, the phone rings again. It's the same guy.

Caller: Hello, is Barbara there?
    Me: I am sorry, but nobody by that name lives here.
    Caller: Is this [number]?
    Me: No.
    Caller: Sorry, bye.

Once again I go back to the TV. A few seconds later, the same guy calls again.

Me: Stop hitting your redial button. It's programmed for the wrong number!

12. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The same thing happened to me too once!
    This happened to me today:

teacher: Okay people, time to hand in your tasks.
    me: 'eep'

I quickly whisper to my neighbour:

me: Gimme your task so I can copy it!
    Neighbour: no
    me: why not?
    Neighbour: Do I look like I care 'bout you not having made your task?
    me: Eh...yes?
    neighbour: OK, OK here it is. but hurry!

I start copying the task. (it's a short exercice but I need more marks!) The paper lies in my schooldesk.

Teacher: Jeroen? (me) What are you doing in your desk?
    me: Eh..looking for my task!
    Teacher: Hurry up!

I start writing like crazy

Teacher: Jeroen, will you give me the damned task!!
    me: Here it is miss!

The teacher looks surprised, then starts laughing

me: What is it miss?
    Teacher: nice job copying the wrong exercice Jeroen!

She laughs and gives me a 0 on my task

I look very mad at my neighbor

Neighbour: 'oops'

Life sucks....

[ February 21, 2003, 21:31: Message edited by: Ancalìmon The Wise ]

13. Charlie Gems: 14/31

A long time ago when I was a young man in high school...

Early morning...

Mike: I didn't do my homework. Paul, can I copy your homework?

Paul (class valedictorian): Sure.

Later that day in Physics class...

Teacher: Paul, why did you submit two copies of the homework?

Paul: Uh, (thinking quickly) I thought I lost my first copy so I made a new one.

Teacher: Mike, you didn't submit your homework.

Mike: Huh? But...

Mike went down in class history as the guy who copies homework including the person's name. :D

14. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Thank God for this thread. I SOOOO need to vent.

A new customer has been calling me anxiously every five minutes all (rude word) day. First he was calling to make sure I was really, deeply, personally committed to his project and ready to get going immediately. Then he wanted to make sure the copy of my resume he pulled off my corporate website was accurate (Oh, now that you mention it, actually it's full of lies... :rolleyes: ).

Then he started calling to verify all my skills, one at a time.

"You have more than 5 years experience with Visio, right?"

Yes, Chris.

Next call:

"You have more than 5 years experience with Micrographix Flow Charter, right?"

Yes, Chris.

Next call:

"You have more than 5 years experience with Microsoft Project 2002, right?"

Chris. You got me there, buddy. I have less than a year's experience with it. Better hire the guy with the time machine instead.

I think I should sue him for a day's lost wages since he interrupted all meaningful attempts at work. What do you think - would I win?

15. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yikes! Like you need more than 5 days experience on those tools to be effective... :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.