1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is Bush Going Insane?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by TheNovak, Sep 27, 2002.

1. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Aargh!

I haven't been able to get on the website for a few days now (whats up with that???) http problems of some sort.

First of all, I have never said this is about oil so that retort to my post is ill placed.

Second of all, I agree with vonGriffon.

We are not really talking about the real subject here... Why Iraq, why now, and what are the REAL reasons.

Of course we can come up with reasons like- it's the humanitarian thing to do, and oh, he has weapons of mass destruction. A number of countries have weapons of mass destruction.
    Why aren't we going after Saudi Arabia, or Israel, or Syria???

If Saddam is soooo scary, how come he hasn't done anything to the US in the last 10 years since our inspectors left??

What's the hurry anyway?

That people are so willing to glide pass the bigger issue of whether or not we, the US, want or should become a country that engages in preemptive strikes amazes me.

We are about to make a monumental change in world policy and for what??? I haven't read anything that supplies enough reason to do such a thing. I am not afraid of Iraq. Are you, really?

Even if they have some weapons of mass destruction (which we have no evidence of),
    how are they going to use them?
    How are they going to send them across the ocean to hit our country?

No one yet has explained how this has anything to with counter terrorism. In fact, it goes against the idea. Iraq is one of the few countries in the Middle East who has a government not based upon religious fundamentalism.

Just take a look at the countries who are very against our position: Russia and China are 2 of them.
    Are we going to create an environment that would make them bedpartners?
    Shall we enter the next cold war right now?
    We already pissed off the Chinese as soon as Bush took office, why not do it again?

China: now THAT is a country I would be afraid to be up against, forget Iraq.

[ September 30, 2002, 12:48: Message edited by: scarampella ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.