1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is multi romance cheating?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by SORVO THE SLAYER#27, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Just a thought.. an anti-extremist point of view one... (with no slight to the poster using that nickname)...

1. Life is not made of many absolutes. One of the few is, if you are not dead then you are alive - but philosophers still argue about the definitons of both words (death/life) so arguing about what constitutes cheating places us on the level of the great academics!
    2. If I remember correctly BG2 is a game. By most normal concepts of "game purpose", that means that whatever it takes to make the game enjoyable actually furthers the purpose of the game itself - increasing the enjoyment of he/she/those who play. Therefore, running multiple romances via a "patch" is not cheating by that definition.
    3. Having played through 3 of the 4 romances to their successful conclusions, I do not believe that actually completing them made any difference in the ultimate "win/loss" status at the end of my games except as I imported those games into TOB (and that is all I will say about TOB here). For SOA without TOB, it made no difference whatsoever.
    4. Finally, a question... Why are people so incensed about how/why/with what patches other people play their individual BG2 games on their own personal computers in the solitary isolation of their own homes? If it's not a true online multi-player game, who the heck REALLY cares about what anyone else does in their game - it certainly won't affect MY game if someone else runs multiple romances simultaneously in theirs. More power to them if they can keep all of the storylines straight!

Well, that is just a penny's worth but that about sums up my thoughts.. Duharrel and I say - GO FOR IT.

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited September 07, 2001).]

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] My dear, I don't care what you do with your game. Really, You can rename it if you want. You can delete it if you want. You can puke on it if you want. You can do anything you want...

AS LONG AS I DON'T HAVE TO SEE IT POSTED HERE AS SPAM S**T!

Ok?

Have a nice day!

[EDIT]
    My dear, no matter your gender you'll be my dear. In my vocabulary there is only one "sir" named Sir Bel ;) :p
    Not sensitive, that would be sometimes positive - I prefer to describe myself as touchy ;)

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited September 07, 2001).]

3. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Extremist - to reiterate... I was not talking ABOUT you up above.. I was making a point about not taking things to the extreme. Period. If you reread the post, you will see that I pointed that out...

And for what it's worth.... I prefer "Sir" to "my dear" as you have obviously mistaken my gender.

Sheesh... some people appear to be so sensitive.

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited September 07, 2001).]

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Don't worry, "Extreme-ass" isn't sensitive, he's frustrated. ;)

But be careful. Because if you anger him, you will "make the list". I made the list and now the big meany won't respond to me.

My life hasn't been the same since. :)

5. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

<<..."make the list". I made the list and now the big meany won't respond to me...
    My life hasn't been the same since. >>

Duharrel will protect me! Let's get it on!
    8-) 8-)
    Extremist - THAT WAS A JOKE! You do know what jokes and irony are don't you?

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited September 08, 2001).]

6. Thanks for sticking up for me, I'll put myself up for the "list". I respect your no cheating rules and your plethora of knowledge, but it seems like your trying to run a bootcamp here Extremist!

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    OK that's enough nonsense for this thread; stick to the topic please...

8. I'm sorry,I think that I'm too old to talking online.

[I wasn't referring to you specifically SORVO, you were simply the proverbial straw :) - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited September 08, 2001).]

9. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, in all seriousness, was i the only one disturbed when things with me and aerie were looking promising when mr. butt kicking for goodness cuts in and claims her as his new queen? What's the deal there minscy, you looking for a butt kicking yourself?

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Kailynne Johanne, I know it was a joke for GS.
    The upper note was for all spammers who think they grabbed God's beard when they installed ROMANCE CHEAT. And not only that, but they MUST spam here how it "ROCKS" and how it is "COOL". I don't have time to read sh*t about that cheat, ok?

Besides, when I saw that you took it too seriously I just put a "funny" edit below it, have you missed it?

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

@Julius

It doesn't interfere with you romancing her, but Minsc will go berserk everytime aerie drops low on HP.

12. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Kailynne, well and good, but if people don't want to hear anyone else's opinions, they shouldn't post questions like "Do you think this is the right thing to do or not?"

If Sorvo had posted "I'm using the multi-romance patch and XYZ is happening," I wouldn't have said he was in the wrong.

Instead, he posted "Do you think using the multi-romance patch is cheating? Because I'm one horny half-god and I want 'em all!"

So I have no problem with telling it like it is. By role-playing standards, it's just plain stupid. Each of these three women makes it patently obvious in her dialogue that she is not interested in some sort of happy harem arrangement. To role-play your little menage-a-quatre, you would have to willfully ignore the fact that Aerie is saying "sleeping with a drow is so disgusting, I would dump you if you did that!" and Viconia is saying "If I found out you were interested in another woman, I would kill her." The kind of rationalization you have to go through to carry on relationships with these three women simultaneously despite their continuously saying things like that is so contrived as to be lame.

You'd have more success convincing me Anomen was gay than that Aerie, Jaheira, and Viconia would be a happy polygamous unit. At least there's nothing in Anomen's dialogue that explicitly says "homosexuality sickens me and I only like women, PC." (-:

13. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Kudos to tjekanefir for the most cogent and coherent point in this entire thread.

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited September 08, 2001).]

14. I'll try not to post anymore stupid questions,I've never been on a chat board before!

[Actually this is a message board. God forbid everyone from here would come to the chatroom. :D ] -Tal
    [still learning!]
    [This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited September 08, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by SORVO THE SLAYER#27 (edited September 08, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.