1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It is so hot out...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Late-Night Thinker, Jun 25, 2003.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

It's raining, and I just had to run outside in a pair of boxers to put the cover on the trampoline. Now that was cold (and rather fun to ;) )

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Bring it on Mama! I can take you. :p

Anyways, I remember the last time I was down in CA visiting family, it was about 94 degrees and the humidity was around 85-90%. I was sweating just by going outside to get the morning paper. :rolling:

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My wife's hometown is always rather warm in Summertime, only around 55 degrees celcius for about 3 months...

4. Sadistic Butcher Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Great time to work on the tan! I love summer! Just make sure you're properly hydrated when outside.

Oh, and don't you just love all the rednecks shooting off fireworks a week ahead of time? :D

5. book_marq Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Johnny Carson "It's so hot outside..."

Audience "How hot is it?"

Johnny Carson "It's so hot outside that Betty Crocker is actually sitting inside her oven trying to stay cool."

*cue laughter*

6. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Man stupid Sweden!! It's not even near hot here!! Raining all the time... really hate this!! :mad:

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's so hot in south Texas right now that the other day, the glue holding the rear-view mirror onto my windshield in my car melted and it fell off. My car was parked in the shade. :eek:

That's pretty damn hot.

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    It's a good 10 degrees (F) cooler here (Philadelphia) today than it was last week, but it's infinitely more uncomfortable because the humidity is way up. I'll take 95 and dry over 85 and muggy any day!
    :cry: <-- that's sweat, not tears! :roll:

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well it's freezing here in New Zealand. Coldest weather in I think it was 30 years. Max 13 degrees Celcius.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well, if it were zero degrees you could at least put forth the claim that it was literally freezing but 13? That is practically t-shirt weather by my standards.

Hm - checks weather forecasts for New Zealand - listed cities appear to all have highs of 13 and overnight lows of 7 to 8, and this is July - and this is the coldest weather in 30 years?

This would sort of explain why the New Zealanders whom I have met on my travels in Europe have always looked at me like I am a crazy fool when I wore t-shirts or short sleeved dress shirts when the weather was in the mid-teens. Sigh, It looks like I am going to be broiled this November.

11. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

It's nice and cool (70) in Seattle! ... but most importantly, it's SUNNY! (We take every day like that we can get.) Come fall... well let's just say it's typical to get about 4-5 days of sun in 3 months -- monsoon season, big time. :aww:

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

@ JSBB: At the moment it is 3 degrees out side, which certainly is the coldest we have had in a long long time. And that's out of the wind. Negitive 7 windchill. So it is freezing here in New Zealand. And people look at you strange when you wear shorts and t-shirts in the mid-teens? Strange, I wear shorts and t-shirts in any wheather and never get people looking at me thinking I'm a crazy fool.

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@RotKU 3 degrees with a wind chill of -7, well that is somewhat respectable. Coldest I can remember it getting here was around -30 degrees (I don't know what the wind chill factor was but it was bloody cold :) .)

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

On last christmas here in Sweden it was -20 Celsius and we all freezed our dicks (Can I say that without getting censored?) off when we were out and drank our yearly champagne.

15. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Its so damn hot, that on monday I went skiing at Mt. Buller. Now that is damn hot that is ;) .

16. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I went and took the family for a day in the snow the other day too. It was the first time that they had ever seen snow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.