1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It's Chriiiiistmaaaas!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Harbourboy is right! Listen to him!

Certainly brought a smile to my face seeing the decorations around BoM. Didn't know it was already that time of year :)

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    According to Godwin, Christmas wins.

Really, 'tis the season to be jolly, because it is not jsut about Christmas, it is about allt he otgher holidays that are around this time of the wyear - it's about Not Being Bloody Deprssed In The Middle Of The Winter. (sorry, southies :p )

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @Colthrun:
    Try stealing his plastic reindeer. That'll teach him...

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Whoa, I don't visit for a few days and Tal puts the Christmas lights up.

Christmas rules. You get to spend time with family, eat way too much food and give away presents. And even if there is a meter of snow outside (probably not this year here), people seem to be happy and helpful.

That makes me wonder: do people around the world know Slade, or is their fame limited to Western-Europe?

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Magic... ;)

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Magic! *pretends he's not watchign the Magic World Championships*

I missed the Christmas lights. Awesome to see them back

7. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just remember Chanukah starts at sunset on 12/15/06. On the first night we light one candle and the Shamash. The Shamash is the candle that is used to light all of the other ones. On the last night the menorah will be fully lit with nine candles. You have twelve days to get the graphic ready :)

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hah! Bumhug!

Or something like that.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I think the Christmas decorations on SP are admirably non-demoninational.

On a related note, I arrived back at work this morning after a week off to find that the whole place has been heavily decorated with festive adornments. I hate to fight through several layers of tinsel and a novelty Santa hat/beard thing to find my keyboard. But there is a talking Homer Santa thing here that plays random Christmas related quotes like "Christmas is my favourite time of the holiday season". Cool. Looks like nobody did ANY work while I was away.....

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

We have three christmas decorations up at my work, all above the front desk. Three of those christmas balls hanging from the roof all at the same height, in a triangle shape. They look really out of place. Perhaps more is needed.

One of the best things about Christmas is the weather and the beaches. Still waiting for the weather to catch up with the time of year though. Where is the sunshine?

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

We will be buying a new barbecue this weekend - to get ready for the Christmas barbecue season.

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Christmas barbecue season... I don't think I'll ever be able to get my head around that :p

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I love the Christmas decoration on SP. Every year I forget about it, and then sometime in December I log on and am pleasantly surprised as I'm greeted by the lights at the top of the page.

At least Tal hasn't succumbed to the mainstream approach and still waits until December to put up the lights. As opposed to, say, September :shake:

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I like the Santa smileys.

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Ziad: You ever be to Australia mate? Its 40 degrees over here!

Note: Scrooge was supost to say Christmas but I think it was due to a translation error or something and he ended up with Humbug.

@Tal: How come we can't make santa smilies? :hmm:

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Because I like to keep them special. ;)

17. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Hmmmm...I used to looove Christmas, but don't think it will be that joyful this year. We've celebrated it at my granny's for as long as I live, but she passed away in August and my aunt is getting divorced sooo...:s

[ December 06, 2006, 19:23: Message edited by: Uytuun ]

18. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, actually it's not Christmas but Advent. It will be Christmas from December 25 through January 6.

But who's quibbling? The lights are fun.

However, Ulytuun's post is a reminder: holidays are hard for people with losses in the past year. Sounds obvious, but easy to forget.

19. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakah (sp?), Fun Holidays and Humbug to the humbuggers. Tis the season for the young at heart. :D :banana: :beer:

Thanks Tal, for welcoming me back with lights and Santa Smilies. I needed a smile.

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Indeed. If everyone and their cousin can put up a Santa smiley any time they want to, they wouldn't be quite so fun.
    I hear you, Uytuun. We always used to have Christmas at my grandmother's house (as cramped as it was), but then she died in January of...'04, I think. Christmas just hasn't been as special since then. :bad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.