1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It's quiet... too quiet.

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Abomination, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Curse my job and always having access to the internet and having to play 'the waiting game' with clients sometimes. Oh well...

I guess it's why to me there isn't much going on here.

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Start up some new interesting topics and I'm there :D

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    There are too many 'all these types of threads go in here' threads.

All jokes in one thread; all videos in one thread; things that could be a thread of their own are in places like 'Random Sports/Music/Babbling' threads. 'All birthdays here', 'All hello's here', 'all goodbyes here' etc..

If you do this too many times then you're not going to end up with many new theads ;).

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have to say that I don't frequently check out the threads that Barmy mentioned. Same for the stickies.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Yes, same here. You can only say hello once in my opinion.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well - there are a lot of things I could start threads for in the Alleys, but I really can't be stuffed defending my point of view - especially on a number of different fronts.

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Aik, even though I'm not posting there much these days, the Alleys seem to have gotten a lot more tolerable lately, in terms of less chest-thumping. You might want to try a test case. :)

Edit: I need to try to convince my fingers to type what I want them to type. :p

[ September 24, 2006, 21:16: Message edited by: Splunge ]

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    I do my part to keep the Colosseum active at least ;) . There's not much in the other forums that gets my attention.

9. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Yeah, things have gone downhill since Tal removed from the site those naughty pictures of the mods' night out... :p

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Even the FAI has been exceptionally funereal as of late... could this be a sign of the impending apocalypse? Could it be possible that <gasp!> SPers have actually gotten LIVES? ;) :roll: ;)

11. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

We need some new nutters for AoDA...

I picked up a guitar, took up trading stocks, and have classes...so that keeps me too busy to publicly vacillate between atheism and non-atheism.

Whatever happened to the guy who was always going on about the 'New World Order'? He was interesting in a scary sort of way.

Maybe we can find some real hardcore fundamentalist and watch Gnarf try to explain to him the benefits of reason versus blind belief. That would be interesting, but in the end, just more of the same with an ironic twist...

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I miss the epic clashes of Spellbound vs Ragusa. They were like some sort of WWF Cage Match.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    That's a point - where've those two got to lately?

14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Yes, more fighting is needed, I haven't even bothered to read some of the posts anymore.
    Also, we need a beginner to ask tons of questions about how to kill Irenicus.
    Some time killing threads like 'favorite drink?' usually get most replys, more of them please :D

15. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Ragusa got banned from the alleys. So he doesnt come here much anymore. Spell doesnt come arround anymore I guess her life took precedence. As for clashes in the FAI, Spell got Tal to ban any politics so it cant happen there anymore either.

16. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

FAI is dead? So people do not bother to hop in anymore? I thought that the unwritten rule of banning idlers would keep at least some discussion going on.

As for the forums, I do not think that the activity has gone down that much. Although I do not post much myself...

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Unfortunately, the fighting was in truth fighting and the opponents were not happy about it at all... :)

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Svyatoslav? He got banned from the Alleys and never came back to the forums again.

Which was good. Now, while I rarely post at all, I can actually read those forums without having some kind of troll draw all the attention to himself and his "LALAICANTHEARYOU" attitude.

19. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Darkwolf and Ragusa in the same thread was pretty much guaranteed to be entertaining...

20. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I haven't been on the boards for ages until recently. 'Tis true though, not as lively as it used to be, but then also is true that the same topics are still being discussed like a year later. Funny though, the main speakers are all the same ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.