1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Keldorn Firecam

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Steele Half-Elven, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Actually I play my thieves chaotic-neutral, or sometimes chaotic-good. I had probably most fun playing thief-characters.

I think that it´s much more the chaotic thing that characterizes a thief (my thief), who steals for the fun of it (or for sports if you like that) and his living and not so much the sheer greed for profit.
    The choice of thief doesn´t force you to anything but not to choose a lawful alignment. Beeing good or neutral shows much more in what you do, than the alignment lawful/ neutral ore chaotic may assign.

So far I agree: Thiefs can never be lawful -good/ -neutral/ -evil.

2. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Well amen Rakanishu!

I agree with you. You can finish the game playing true to your paladins way of life and in keeping with his/her honor.

I don't understand wanting to take someone who is inherently good and try to do things that are not good. Unless you are just playing around with what ifs cause you have played the game so many times. I mean what is the point to it?

I beleive you should play true to the character you choose. If you choose an evil character be as evil as you can possibly be, and vice versa! The character you choose is the way you should play. I think that would be most proper.

IMO of course.

3. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My cavalier didn't accept Bloodscalp's quest, and so any items/experience obtained from that quest were missed, but seeing that to get Imoen back you don't have much choice in whom to cooperate with, I reluctantly gave Gaelan Bayle my money. Had Aran Linvail told me to assassinate anybody except evil undead creatures, it would've been the end of that arrangement. The smuggling (?) operation at the docks gave my character a bad taste in his mouth and he tithed a lot of money to the church of Ilmater afterwards :) (which he did a lot anyway).

No pickpocketing, shoplifting, breaking into houses that I had no business being in or killing of innocents were done in my game. I rescued Viconia from the injustice of the evil followers of Beshaba, but I also told her I didn't want anything to do with her afterwards. I told Korgan to take a hike with his plundering and I never met Edwin, but had I done so, I would have refused assassinating the Cowled Wizard (my chaotic good ranger did, and Edwin went hostile on me). All creatures with few exceptions ("peasants" at the circus, some slavers) had red circles around their feet before I attacked them.

The game can be done playing close to that alignment, but there were several times my character felt that he had to tithe to the temple. I also broke the rule on the amount of magical equipment a paladin can own, and I suppose I could've got by with less :p...

[This message has been edited by Thaumas (edited January 08, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.