1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost silently walked into the camp, eyeing the Travellers bustling by cheerfully with Surion on his tail, practicing some walking.

I don't know how you people walk like this...

You will get used to it in time.

He spotted Lena and Holon by a fire, and decided not to disturb them. He smiled at Beratli, who snorted, and continued into the camp, hoping to find Torben. He found Rayenna, eating some food tenderly, and asked if he could join her.

"So, Rayenna, where is Salana?" He threw a piece of meat to Surion and she wolfed it down.

2. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon was shocked at the story and hugged Lena close, rocking gentling and stroking her hair. He remembered doing that to his little sister Halina when she got upset.He grimaced at the painful memories, Halina was only seven, she wanted to be an adventurer. Holon pushed the sad thoughts away, Lena was here and that was what mattered now. He could grieve later.

" He will never hurt you while I am here. He won't lay a finger on you I promise!" he hugged her even harder and they held eachother, reluctant to let go. After a while Holon, seperated them and wiped away her tears.

" I will always be by your side. You're safe now." he smiled, he gathered up the courage and said what his heart wanted to. " Lena I love you." She burst out laughing and pulled him close planting her lips on his. Holon was shocked his lips were on Lena's! They kissed for only a few seconds but to them time stood still. They broke apart and they smiled even more. Holon felt like he was in the clouds. He got up and pulled her up with him.

" Lena my love, we should find the others. " Lena nodded. They walked off with Holon protecting her right, Bertatli her left. Lena was loved by some of the most loyal of all beings. She couldn't help smiling all the way there.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna smiled at Miost, "Hunting. Try some of this fruit juice. Bracdorn is moving the camp to a hill near the shore that he thinks can be better defended."

She frowned slightly, "Salana has explained a little about the Car'ygal but she didn't give much information.

At birth I was touched by a god's essence; now it seems I've been joined to some supernatural or least semi-supernatural being. About to start off on some weird adventure I know nothing about. I'm scared to be honest. I've never been away from the clan. The fight yesterday was my first real fight."

She sat crumbling a piece of bread in her fingers.

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost looked at his feet. "My first as well. Scared out of my mind," He paused, "Surion could tell you more about the Car'ygal if you want."

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Salana mentioned that we have the ability to mind-link with other Car'ygal. Any information Surion is willing to give me would be appriciated."

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Surion melded with Rayenna's mind and informed her about the Car'ygal.

There, do you need to know more?

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Having sated themselves the trio sat in a clearing sunning themselves Breyd had removed her tunic and from underneath it the Ironwood shirt "I won't need this anymore will I, we should find a better home for it." She put on her tunic, slung the shirt over her shoulder picked up her staff and headed back to the village, Bast bounded to her side and Mnemeth launched himself into the sky and flew point.

At the village she spotted Miost and Rayenna talking together she moved in that direction, coming up to Miost she said "Sorry to interrupt you, but could you put this on please Miost" handing him the shirt, startled by the request he did, it obviously was too big for him across the shoulders and too short in the body. Breyd placed both hands on the shirt and closed her eyes in concentration the shirt flowed and tightened and lengthened to fit Miost like a second skin.

“I have no need of it anymore, it may be useful to you. My uncle made it from ironwood as such it is as light as the wood but as strong as steel, it also does not affect the casting of magic. Consider it the gift of one chosen to another” And with that she walked off.

As she came to Holon standing with Lena and Beratli she took off her helmet, throwing it to Holon “Perhaps could you find some use for that, Lena would you be a dear and cut my hair for me please and give all that you cut off back to me please”

8. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon caught the helmet. He turned it around and didn't really wanted. He never liked helmets they always fell in front of hs eyes. He looked over to Beratli who was eyeing it. Holon tossed it to him but didn't know what he'd do with it.

How are you going to wear that? Your horns are growing.

He snorted in a very Beratli like manner. He tucked it under his arm and fell silent. Holon was aghast when he turned around. Lena was cutting Beryd's hair! And Beryd's hair looked like liquide bronze. Holon stared with his mouth open untill beratli sent him a mental push. Holon closed his mouth but was now wary that Lena was close to a very strange dwarf. Holon stepped closer but Beratli held him back.

She's okay, don't worry. Beryd's fine just a little different.

Like you?

Beratli snorted and smiled. They stood back as Lena sheared Beryd's hair.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

A bit startled at the request, Lena complied and began cutting Breyd's coppery locks. They look of hard metal, shining under the sun's rays, but were soft and silky between her fingers as she snipped. She tried at first to put the shorn hair aside until she was finished, except the curls refused to be parted more than a few inches from the dwarf's head. Lena cut away, handing the loose bits to Breyd which seemed agreeable with the hair.

"Can you tell me what's happening to you, Breyd?" she asked in a gentle voice. "I want to be certain you aren't in any danger."

10. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd looked back at Lena and smiled "There's no need to worry, thank you; partly it's the bonding process between the three of us Menmeth, Bast and myself, and also as I take on my new role as a Seer, there has never been such a bonding between Car'ygal and a Seer before. If you ask Porso I'm sure he can tell you more, could you pass me that bowl please, thank you."

Breyd placed her hair in the bowl which she then put on the ground, Mnemeth strutted forward and then breathed fire on the hair as Breyd held her hands over the bowl, instead of burning as Lena expected the hair began to melt and then it cooled into little charms was the best Lena could think of what they looked like. each was a half-inch in length and had some runes on.

Breyd poured the charms into her hand, she then passed 2 to Lena "These are for you and Porso they hold the runes for nature and spirit amongst other treatments, wear them and they will offer some protection against the undead when we meet those. Could you also pass the rest around there are enough for every chosen and Car'ygal and each traveller coming with us and some for the travellers left behind, give those to Bracdon. Thanks for the haircut, I have one more errand to do before we leave, I will be back shortly"

11. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kayn walked back into the camp with the rising sun. Accepting the charm that Lena handed him, he smiled at the young woman and continued on his way. He still didn't really want to be involved in this, but he would accept his fate.

12. Nakia

Media:
    Rayenna smiled at Surion, "Thank you. I need to think about this a bit." She turned to Miost, "They are called by the gods? We do not worship gods. Can you tell me about these beings you call gods? You never know when some information might be important."

13. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost stared into the sky, trying to think of a way to explain gods. He didn't know how. They were just always there.

"Hmm, that's hard to explain. I've never learned about what gods really are."

He paused, "Well, from what I know now, gods rule over everything. Whatever happens is caused by them. Or so I've been told," he grinned, "and a lot of things I have been told have been untrue."

"They are omnipresent and omnipotent. They are everywhere, watching everything. Oh and certain gods and godesses represent different things. For example, Forackta is the Lord of The Sea."

"I cannot believe that the Travellers don't have a god. Or maybe they do and just don't know it?"

And gods have certain little helpers, such as myself, that they send to do their bidding. Surion grinned with her pointy white teeth.

Lena walked by and passed them each a small charm with runes covering it. Miost looked quizzically at her and shrugged a thanks.

14. Nakia

Media:
    Rayenna thanked Lena for the charms then turned back to Miost.

"Oh, the wizards we're descended from had gods, six of them represented by the Raven, Lark, Owl, Cormorant, Falcon and Eagle. But the gods are dead." Then she spoke very quietly almost as if to herself. "That's why we exist. The wizards were powerful, selfish and stupid. We don't like uncontrolled, undisciplined magic. It causes more harm than good."

She stared off into the distance. The Travellers were beginning to move to the new camp site but she didn't see them. For a moment she was lost in memories not her own.

15. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro was poked by his sister, which brought im back to full conciousness. He hadn't slept through the nigh, instead slipping into a trance with left him restless and ready to be off.
    "Alandro, the group will move today. The others are awake and abroad already, despite this early hour."

He shook the fog from his mind, and rose from the rocking chair. He left Sophia curled up in the bed at the end of the room, and left the caravan, bumping into Rayenna and Miost as the subject turned to the gods.
    He listened carefully, and smiled strangely as Rayenna finished.

"It seems that different lands have different deities. My land's gods are quite different to yours."

16. Nakia

Media:
    Turning at the sound of Alandro's voice, Rayenna smiled warmly, "Really? And what are they like?"

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

When she finished the errand Breyd assigned her, Lena found Porso soaking up the early rays of dawn. Taking a seat on a rock, she began asking him questions. "Porso, what are the Car'ygal?"

-most of us are magical in nature- Porso answered, flattening himself out like a pancake. -most of us can speak to our Chosen with a mindlink-

"Yes but...what *are* you? Are the Car'ygal godlings?"

-i am not a godling- he stated emphatically. -i am, to use an analogy, a dryad and you are my tree- He gave her time to absorb this mental image. -i have powers, yes, but without you and our link, those powers are nothing-

"But-"

-Lena, explaining the nuances of Choosing one person over another is...complicated at best. i can say that i would still be in my egg, waiting for you, and only you, to find me. we are- Porso struggled for the right words -nestlings- Her face was a look of confusion. -soul mates- Still nothing. -a life bond- Ah, that got a spark. -we are life bonded, as your parents were. if anything happens to you or to me, the other will know-

"Is...is it the life bond that made my father insane?"

Porso forgot his need for the sun's warmth and cozened to his Chosen, sensing her need for a good friend. -your mother Saw something too evil for her mind to grasp. the Stalker these Travellers spoke of; it is what killed your mother. it sensed her visions of a great battle and pounced, slaking its thirst for mayhem on what she Saw. Your father is lost; grieving. He wants his family to be together always and his anger at his wife's pointless death siezed control of his magics-

Lena hugged her companion. No tears fell as she remembered her family. This was what she needed: answers; someone who could explain things. She knew Porso wasn't lying about anything. "'As the firebird is born from the ashes of its own death, so shall we overcome. No loss insurmountable; no life will be wasted. Even in death we are victorious.'"

Porso smiled.

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro smiled. "You must understand my city, Gleam. A strange place, the capitol of our empire. Many people live there, and throughout the years we have incorporated many gods into our culture. Still, our original, and main pantheon consists of several gods, and numerous demi-gods and other powers. My own family worships Courtia, goddss of love, but my patron is Sagia, goddess of wisdom and
    Alandro smiled. "You must understand my city, Gleam. A strange place, the capitol of our empire. Many people live there, and throughout the years we have incorporated many gods into our culture. Still, our original, and main pantheon consists of several gods, and numerous demi-gods and other powers. My own family worships Courtia, goddss of love, but my patron is Sagia, goddess of wisdom and war. There are others, and each person venerates a god. To do so, and serve them grants you a place at their side in the afterlife."
    war. There are others, and each person venerates a god. To do so, and serve them grants you a place at their side in the afterlife."

19. Nakia

Media:
    "Interesting that every people have different have different gods. It is good to know different things but right now I think we need to collect everyone and get started. A journey doesn't start until you take that first step. Worrying about things won't get us anywhere. We just have to be prepared for the unexpected but I think that's why we have these companions."

With that she gathered her things, stood up and started looking around for the others. She saw Lana and Porso and walked over to them.

"Morning, thank you for the charm. Are you ready to go? I think we should get moving or the day will be over with us still sitting around trying to decide what to do.

20. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon didn't like thinking of higher deities, he liked things that you could see, smell or touch. He wondered what god he had worshipped in Olot, it seemed it was another lifetime. It was Galigna, god of valour. He would burn incense in great fires to appease him. Holon, didn't want any gods now, they let his village burn without any warning. He would not give them anything back. Beratli looked up at Holon.

Where did you think I came from? Well I'll have to tell Galigna that you aren't the one that we were looking for.

Galigna is the god that sent you! But...

Yes I am, and I'd rather you wouldn't insult my creator.

Holon blushed and fell back to his silent vigilance.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.