1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Oh my!" Lena cried and rushed to Holon. She ran her hands over his arms and face, checking for injuries. "Are you hurt? Is Beratli hurt? Did that idiot hurt you?" It looked all he had were scrapes and bruises.

2. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon chuckled and hugged her close.

" No, no I'm fine but I'll be briused for a week. And ole' Beratli can't get hurt and if he does he doesn't show it." he chuckled again. Beratli looked up when he heard his name but just snorted and fell silent again. Holon looked down to the elf and went over to the other one, that Beratli took care of. He seemed to be a man. A man and an elf traveling together and alone? Very strange indeed.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The two were being interrogated vigorously and sometimes violently (Beratli :D ), until the man cracked. The elf looked at him incredulously and shut his eyes.

"Okay, okay, we ..oof!.. Get that Beratli offa me!" The others pulled Beratli off, calming him down, "We are sent from the Shadowed, yes, but I cannot tell you more. What I can tell you is that they know all of you. They know the Traveller girl, Rayenna, Miost.. and what is it, Jolon? I have forgotten the others."

The elf had opened his eyes and looked as if he would strangle the man if released. Miost asked, "And you, do you two have any importance to this?"

The elf grinned and stated, with a calm, cool voice, "No, we are but lowly minions. But I really must be leaving, those loyal to the Shadowed are needed." He cast a menacing glare towards the man and vanished, throwing the Chosen who had been holding him off balance.

The man looked as if he were about to die. And he was indeed about to. His skin began to bubble and the Chosen jumped back, flinching at his bloodcurdling screams. The man jerked back and forth violently, causing bits of his melting skin to fly off. He melted into the ground, causing some of them to hide their faces.

All was left was a peculiar necklace.

4. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon looked down at Beratli.

" Wow, that was convienant" he smiled." I hate killing out of cold blood."

[ February 21, 2006, 20:49: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lena shuddered at the horrible site of the man's skin falling away. She buried her face into Holon's shoulder.

6. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd pushed everyone out of her way "Stay away from that necklace, move back all of you quickly", as a space was cleared Mnemeth landed near the necklace and a narrow controlled flame shot from him striking the necklace; which started to glow first red and then it became white. At that a angry wail swept through the glade and with a small bang the necklace broke, a wilted shadow rose from the necklace sighed and wavered and then dissipated in the sunlight.

"Does anybody have a shovel we need to bury this metal to allow the earth to reclaim it and make it hers again." Breyd called out.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro rolled his eyes, and drew his sword, backing against a tree.

"He disappears in our midst, and you all stand around gaping?"

He sighed, and called ALandra.

"Is he anywhere around here?"
    "No, brother, you're safe."

He stepped away from the tree, and kept his blade in his hand, and looked around cautiously. It wouldn't do for the group to be ambushed again for lack of vigilance.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"Yes Alandro, and what have you been doing, besides talking to yourself?" Lena demanded. "I'm not a fighter, so my options are standing around or running away.

"We're tired, it seems to me, so let's find a relatively secure place to rest up. Then we'll keeping traveling to our destination. I feel we should have people keeping an eye on things along with their Car'ygal. Not that Porso was any help. He didn't sense either one of these men coming to attack us. Which should make all of us think hard about how much we are relying on them."

9. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro was stung by her words, and quickly swallowed an angry retort.

"You may think that I've been talking to myself, but I've at least determined that we are reasonably safe for the moment, so think before you judge me. Just because you cannot see something doesn't mean it is not there. We would all do well to remember that. I agree with what you have said about the Car'ygal. We have relied far too much on them; just because the gods sent them does not make them infallible."

-That much is true. We can only help you, Lord-

The swordsman wearily shook his head. "We should find somewhere to sleep. Might I recommend asking a few of the Travellers to scout for us? They are more experianced here than most of us, and they seem to be wasted in their current position. Play to your strengths, after all. We should also post fighters at the front and back of each group, both to reduce ambush, and protect those of us who cannot defend themselves."

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"It would be foolish for the Travellers to scout; the land is unknown to them," Miost piped in, "Myself and Surion will go in their stead."

With that Miost and Surion vanished into the trees.

11. Daie d'Malkin

"You don't scout in land known to you" Alandro muttered "That's impossible. If you know the land, you needn't scout. I'm only trying to kep you all alive. Plus, if our leader is ahead scouting, how can he control and command the group?"

He sighed wearily, and sheathed his sword.

"Alandra" he whispered "can you go with him?"

She nodded, and vanished even to his eyes, heading after the departed Miost.

"Well, we still need fighters before and after the group, and if the Travellers must march behind us, I think I'll join them."

Suiting action to word, he moved back amongst the second group, entering a conversation soon after.

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost rolled his eyes, Alandro was getting on his nerves. He had already told them that he was not going to physically lead them; he was just the said leader. And with all the strange attacks and things going on, wouldn't it better for a person who knows the land to scout?

Calm yourself young one. He is only being helpful.

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd was thinking as she walked along with the rest, things seemed to be coming together. Miost was beginning to accept his responsibility, the others were using their experience to teach him. And the enemy had started to show his hand, yes things were going well for the moment.

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost and Surion treaded through the forest, wary of any little crack or thud.

There was a large CRACK, and then a smaller thud! Miost felt a intense burning sensation in the back of his leg and crumpled to the ground. He heard Surion cry out and looked up just in time to see an arrow go through her wing. The hole wasn't very large, and she quickly grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt. She shot back to the others, who were a bit further up the path.

Surion felt and heard arrows whizzing past her, and quickened her pace. As soon as she got to the path, she gently set Miost down beside Lena. She reared and listened intently for more.

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lena quickly attended Miost. "Breyd, someone, help Surion!" Miost had a small dart in his calf and Lena pulled it out. She wrapped it in a cloth to look at later. Probing, she forced out icky fluid until red blood ran. She unstoppered a bottle and poured it onto the wound, helping the blood to clot faster. Then she wrapped a thick pack of cloth around his leg and tied it with thin strips of linen.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Surion's wings soon gave out, and she fell to the ground with exhaustion.

She told the other Car'ygal, There are .. in the woods... look..

17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Salana circled the woods but couldn't see anything because of the trees. A few arrows flew near her and she flew back to Rayenna.

The Travellers gathered in front of Rayenna, one of the women gently pushing her to the back with a quick, "Sing Owl." Rayenna had her bow ready and her sword loose in its scabard but she pulled out her lyre and struck the first notes of the Battle Song. It would raise the morale and abilities of the fighters and hopefully would strike fear into the hearts of the attackers.

18. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro bounded up from the Travellers, sword in hand.
    -Nightingale, help the owl, Alandra, find the bowman-

He stormed past Rayenna, flashing her a look as he did so, then he was within the trees, hearing people following. An arrow clanked from the shoulder of his armour, and he ducked as anotehr hurtled past, nicking his ear.

"Where the hell are they?" He groaned, before hearing a voice in his head.

-Over here, brother!-

19. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The Travellers followed after Alandro as Rayenna swept into the Battle Song. Strength and resolve flowed over the group as they sought the elusive enemy. Rayenna was touched by the music as well as the others. It always amazed her how something so much a part of her could also be outside her.

20. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon and Beratli dove behind a fallen log inching towards Lena. When she saw them she motioned for them to go into the woods instead. Holon was hesitant but Beratli pulled him along. They slowly crawled on hands and knees, making their way to the forest edge. They hid behind a tree and were about to climb it when all went quiet and the arrows stopped. Holongost looked around fearing that they were marshaling for a charge.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.