1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Why thank you, Lord Faeylin. I'll be right back." On his way back to the kitchen Torben passed Nimmkelt behind the bar. "Two ales, customer wants some information," he told his boss. It was the one way that Nimmkelt would let him sit down for awhile while there was yet work to be done, though he would tack a little onto the customer's bill for Torben's time. Nimmkelt accepted it because he found out indirectly, through Torben, lots of interesting things that were going on in the village.

Torben went back to the kitchen and took out some jars of preserves, making a plate of cherries, raspberries, and strawberries for Alandro and a big bowl of cottled cream with bearberries, and elderberries, topped with some potato liquor, for himself. Bringing them back to Alandro's table he set them down.

"Here we are. And thank you again. I'll enjoy this." He savored a bite of his sundae. "I see you've got a new companion. To my knowledge that makes, lets see. Miost's dragon, that wingless dragon next to the man over there, Breyda's dragon, your bird, and my, um, creature, I'm not sure what it is. Then I heard the Annersinn brothers talking about a weird egg all of their foul seem to be incubating collectively. What's that make, five, maybe six, who knows how many more, newly hatched very interesting creatues in a little village that usually doesn't have much more exciting going on than drinking some nice brews and causing havoc with local slumbering livestock. I gather that is what you'd like to speak about, right?"

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro took the bowl, and placed it before the bird.

-My thanks, Lord- Its voice sounded grateful in his head, and it dashed over and began to peck at the berries, throwing them into the air before catching and swallowing them.
    ALandra watched the bird as it ate, leaving Alandro free to speak with Torben.

"That would be a good thing to talk about, but perhaps you would care to tell me of your village. I am not from around here, and cannot get to the bottom of this matter without some background. What is Laelit like? Has anything like this happened before? Who has found these eggs? Does anything link them?"
    Realising he had fired off probably too many questions to answer, he stopped, and caught a berry the bird had thrown, and ate it, unaware of the avian glare he was receiving.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The rainforest being warm many of the Travelers chose to sleep outdoors rather than in the confines of their house-like wagons.

Rayenna made her bed beneath the wagon and cuddled up with her new friend. She quickly fell asleep and dreamed of soaring through the skies. She also dreamed of other strange creatures that were somehow linked. A dark shadow invaded her dream. It was not the Travelers' Shadow but just as dark and menacing. Finally she just slept with her hand gently touching the owlett cuddled against her cheek and shoulder.

[ January 14, 2006, 19:56: Message edited by: Nakia ]

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost sat staring lovingly at his new friend. It was very beautiful, what with its silver-white scales and slender body. He grabbed some dried meat from a table and fed it to Surion. She ate hungrily, and then curled up beside him and slept.

5. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Running, running, the green damp trees pass at a blur. Noises everywhere yells of men, screams of birds. Holon's mind goes in a whirl but still he runs, murderous beings on his trail. He lost the path to his safety. Rushing through the under brush, a root snags his foot. He topples, winded but determinded to protect his keep, he goes on blindly around the looming trees, branches ripping his clothes, scratching his face. Behind him a whimper comes out of the large bundle. All ready Beratli is the size of a large 4 year old. Holongost begins to fear for his precious Beratli. He must get to safety soon. Those highway men won't keep up with him for long. Suddenly he comes to a cliff 50 feet to a surging river with white froth coming up like a horses mane. No where to run, he turns to make his stand. Positioning his spear in a defensive stance he waits. Cowardly they shoot under the cover of the trees. Over the cliff he falls with an arrow in the shoulder and torso. Grabbing the bundle he lifts it above his head to keep his only companion dry. Landing in the bucking water the mane splashing him in the face he spies a small log, he lashes his precious bundle to the floatting limb. Finally the loss of blood and the icy water that's fed by the single mountain gives him the only choice of grabbing hold of the log, loses consciousness and hope for the best.

[ January 15, 2006, 04:08: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

6. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Well, Laelit is big enough that a few people think that it's as good as a town, or even a city. But still too small to be able to have any degree of anonymity, or privacy. There's the usual squabbles, the two millers have been at their feud for, what, now seventeen years? Brothers none the less. My friend Miost has a dragon, there's a few others I've seen. I'm tomorrow morning we should call everyone who's recently found a creature to a meeting in the stables, try to make sense of this whole thing. Would you come?" Torben had finished his sundae, and was aware that Nimmkelt was about to lose his patience with him just sitting when there was work to be done.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro looked to his sister, who nodded.
    "I will be there."

He saw that Torben was about to leave, but added another question.

"Master Torben, have you found anything?"

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

*Wake wake danger DANGER*

The thoughts of Mnemeth slammed into Breyd's brain and woke her, the startled gasp she gave woke Lena as well.

"Get dressed quickly" Breyd told Lena "can you swim?" at Lena's quick nod "good someone's in trouble at the river, come on"

The pair hurtled down the stairs, in the taproom she looked round and then spotted Torben just leaving a table

"Torben we need blankets quickly and follow us to the river, someone has fallen in and is injured, hurry"

Lena and Breyd left for the river Mnemeth guiding them, once they got there Breyd looped and tied a rope she'd brought round Lena's waist.

"You see the large log there that Mnemeth is floating above, swim out to it hold on to it and the elf I'll pull you back to land"

Lena trusting her new friend dived into the water and gracefully swam out to the log as she grabbed hold of it she felt the rope tighten and then she was steadily pulled back towards the bank. Once she felt the bottom under her feet she helped pull the log to the bank, as she stepped onto the bank Breyd told her to wrap some of the blankets from Torben around herself and get back to the warmth of the Inn. She looked back as she went to see Breyd casting a healing spell over the elf.

9. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Coughing up water Holon muttered a few words. " The bundle! Beratli! I've got to get him! " Strugling forward he pushed off the helping hands and staggered from the bank and dived back into the vast river, spluttering water he swam after the log screaming nonsense but still fighting on, he reached the bundle and grabbed hold when the hands clutch his leg and dragged him back to bank. Holon landed on his back holding his precious baby to his chest. Looking up at the worried face of his saviour. " Who saved me ? " he croaked trough chattering teeth. After her response he stated. " Lena, I am pledging my life to protect you, and will never cease untill I repay my debt or death I shall receive."Realizing this was not Lena he vowed to pledge to the real Lena but he was far to exhausted so he clung to he strange darwf and let himself be led into a warm room, be stripped and placed in a soft bed, but not after he held the wet bundle to his side away from prying eyes.

[ January 15, 2006, 04:12: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost heard a disturbance above the lab, and decided to go check it out. After putting Surion into his shirt, he slowly clambered up through the hole to the surface, only to see that his cousin, one that he had not seen for what seemed like an age, was being dragged into the Inn, soaking wet. He jumped out of the hole and ran into the Inn. He tried to run up the stairs to where they were keeping his cousin, but Breyd held him back.

"I need to see him!"

"You can see him after he has had some rest, elf."

"Who are you t--- Have you seen Torben around?" He said, changing the subject quickly.

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna awoke to musical croon in her ear and a sensation of starving to death. Both were coming from Salana. "A singing owl! Prehaps the Ancestors knew something we don't know."

Cuddling Salana to her she went in search of raw meat for the singing bird. While Salana gourged herself Rayenna, with the help of her sisters', was able to fashion a shoulder pad for Salana to perch upon. The harness spoiled the fit of her tunic but Salana was the important thing.

As the sun rose the wagons swung into line and moved out on the road to Laelit. By the time they arrived at the town it was astir and the townsfolk witnessed a strange caravan approaching.

The wagons resembled small houses on wheels. Each was intrically carved and painted. Many of the figures were of birds: raven, lark, cormorant, owl, falcon and eagle. On the front of the lead wagon was carved a large eagle, wings spread and ready to attack. The caravan stopped just outside the town and Bracdorn climbed down waving Jerban, Aryann and several others to him. He looked at Rayenna, "We do not need your talents. Seek out others who have been like gifted." With that the group of elders went to find the town leaders to set up trade and gather information.

Rayenna happily trotted off with Salana. She figured the Inn where she had met the two women was the best place to start so there she went.

Early as it still was the inn was preparing for the day. A few patrons still slept in the common room while others were hoping breakfast would soon come. Looking around she didn't see either of the two women so she settled herself at a table, took out some meat for Salana and simply enjoyed watching her eat. There are many here. I can feel them. I feel two other birds. We will soar. we will hunt. There was a predatory sensation at this last thought. Salana might be able to sing but she had the nature of an owl not a lark.

12. Daie d'Malkin

Before Torben could answer, ALandro heard others mention his voice.

"Well, it seems you are needed by others. I shall monopolize your time no more. Thank you for your answers." He stood, and the Songbird looked up at him. He lifted it to his shoulder, and was about to return to his room when it chirrped

-Another bird, Lord!-
    "Where?" Alandro whispered back to it
    -Over there, with the young human woman-
    "Is that an owl?"
    -I believe so-
    "Very well"

Alandro made his way over to the table, where he smiled.

"Good morning, milady. Might I have a word with you?"

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"My name is Breyd, my friend Lena and I rescued your cousin from the river, now if you'll excuse me I must see to my friend and our companions"

And saying this she went downstairs where she gathered some victuals and carried them back to her room. Inside she found Lena shivering in front of a dying fire putting the plate of meats down where Bast and Mnemeth could both get at it, she turned her attention to her friend.

“Lena, I’ll build up the fire while you get out of those wet things, wrap yourself in the blankets from the bed and then come back and sit here” In a few minutes Lena was sat in front of a good fire and her shivering was slowing down. Handing her a flask Breyd instructed her to have a sip and she felt warmth steal through her.

“Thanks for your help the young elf is fine and resting now in another room, now eat some breakfast and feed your bird, and once you’re dressed again we’ll go downstairs and find what’s going on, Ok ?”

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Wha-what's wrong? How badly is he hurt?" Lena babbled with concern, wringing the water from her hair. Pulling Breyd's shirt, she whispered, "And what's in that bundle of cloth? Could it be a pet that got hurt?"

Nibbling on the edge of a thumb, she worried about what the man had said; his pledge. Coming close to death made people say and do strange things. Her father had acted peculiar near the end, too.

_baby_ came a high pitched voice. Lena's eyes widened. The firebird, previously napping in her room, had found its way to her and spoke into her mind. _hungry_ the bird stated and preened Lena's hair.

"I need to get some fruit for my...friend," she told Breyd and went in search of something appropriate. Her pack came to mind first, so she went to her room and rummaged inside for that stash of brumbleberries and a couple pokey apples. She carefully fed the firebird tidbits, walking back to where the bedraggled elf rested.

_Porso is me_ the bird said mentally. Lena smiled and ruffle the feathers padding his keelbone. Porso gurgled softly. He'd chosen well this time.

15. Scot

After getting the new guest settled in to a room, Torben found Miost. "I think it's your cousin from that village you once mentioned. He's got some kind of creature too. Take this plate of kelp and eggs up to him. It will give him some strength. After breakfast, we're having a meeting of everyone who recently gained a new companion in the stables. Be there if you can, and bring your cousin. I've got to go help Frehicke with breakfast."

Torben left Miost with his cousin, then went downstairs. There was a young woman with an owl, he'd seen her, but not the owl, yesterday. Bringing her some morning wine he mentioned the meeting after breakfast. Then he went back to the kitchen and started following Frehicke's orders.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost nodded at Torben and went up the stairs to the rooms. He checked one or two empty rooms before finding his cousin's. He dashed into the room, "Holon!" He choked back tears. He pulled back the blankets, and looked at his body. There were many bruises and scratches, which Miost guessed were from being battered against rocks in the river.

"Holon," Misot whispered, shaking him lightly, "It's me, Miost; your cousin. Do you remember me? We used to play together when your village would visit mine," There was no response. "Holon?"

He stirred, "I need you to come down to the common room when you are rested, we need to go somewhere. And bring your .. creature.. as well."

He pulled Holon's blankets up to his shoulders, and left the room. He trudged down the stairs, smiling at people that were going the opposite way as they passed. He walked out of the tavern, and decided to go back to the house, he wondered how long he had been.

[ January 15, 2006, 17:12: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

17. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kayn walked into the Inn. The wingless dragon perched around his neck. He spotted some familar faces who all had strange animals around them so he headed in their direction. "Good morning, I see that we all have one thing in common. A strange animal seems to have bonded to us. This confuses me a little, but it's a little exciting. By the way my name is Kayn. And this green beast is known as Vike."

With that he took an empty chair. He flinched when Vike leapt of his back and landed softly on the ground, the lizard took a double take around the room, spotted a mouse and bolted after it.

18. Nakia

Media:
    Rayenna looked up at the voice and smiled. She caught her breath at the sight of the beautiful bird on his shoulder. There was a discordant chortle from Salana. Looks aren't everything. Rayenna laughed and scratched under the fluffy feathers. Salana looked a bit like a large cotton ball. Her stubby wings not good for much except helping balance. I love you, Salana and you will grow very large and magnificent.

"Welcome Sir, I am Rayenna, Owl of the Clan of Dravera the Gentle. A bard in common tongue. Please have a seat. Do you have any idea what is going on here? We are strangers to this place but our leader believes this for sees great danger.

A hobbit approached the table telling them about a meeting and she smiled and nodded. Others with animals, no they were companions, were gathering at the table. Having finished the food Salana was waddling around the table singing and crooning in a most un-owl -like manner.

19. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon thought he hear a familar voice but it left soon after. After a couple minutes he struggled out of the heavy blankets, realizing the bundle was missing. Searching franticly his sores hurt bad but he had to find it. He found it near the foot of the bed. Sighing with relief he held it close as looked around, he saw nothing familar he might not even be at Miost's village! Holon tried to stand but he colapsed quickly, yelling for lena for that was the only name he knew. He dressed as best he could and used the bed to help himself up.

" Where am I! " He yelled his voice echoing off the walls of the dark room.

Noticing light coming from a hole in the curtains, he limped towards them and threw open the heavy drapes. He had to cover his eyes from the sun as it rose above the trees. When his eyes adjusted to the light he looked down on a street full of odd wagons. A small cry came from the bundle, already the two month old minotaur was the size of a 6 year old boy and already he could rip the blankets that constricted him to shreds. Holon amazed at his Beratli he hugged it close.

" Get me food " a gruff voice belonging to an adult came out of the minotaurs mouth.

" You can talk! " the flabbergasted Holon cried.

" Of course I can talk you dense elf boy " Beratli replied as he hopped down from his arms. Holon finally realized that Beratli arms were thick and his chest was broad and already his body hair was growing. Grabbing a clothe he wound it like a loin clothe around himself." Well let's go meet the people who live here." he said as he supported Holon on his bad leg to he door and they marched down the stairs into a large room full of people Holon grabbed Beratli and hid under a table.

[ January 15, 2006, 18:21: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

20. Daie d'Malkin

The Songbird leapt down from Alandro's shoulder, using its wings to slow its descent. It landed next to the owl, and regarding it carefully. After a moment, it opened its mouth and chirrped happily.

Alandro seated himself at the table, and introduced himself.

"I am Alandro, first sword and son of House Faeylin, of the city of Gleam. A pleasure to meet you. Unfortunatly, I have no idea what is going on, but I believe also that something has gone awry in this community. I would offer my aid to your clan, if they would accept it."

After this statement, the Songbird started to strut around the table, bobbing its head back and forth in time to the owl's tune.

Alandra squealed in joy, and tried topet the bird, but her hand passed right through it. SHe settled back onto another chair, a troubled look appearing on her face.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.