1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost walked back to his house. He poked his head around the corner of his house and saw that no one was in the garden. That's strange.. He trudged into the house and yelled for his parents, worried.

After a long pause, Miost let out long sigh, as he heard his parents yell from the cellar. He clambered down the stairs and looked at them with a surprised look on their faces. For a moment, he said in his head, What are they looking at? And then it hit him. There was a white dragon poking her head out of his shirt.

"What.. IS THAT?!!" yelled his mother, hiding behind his father.

"It's a dragon, of course." Miost said matter-o-factly.

"Where did you get it?!" his father squeaked, his voice quavering.

"I found her egg in a tree. I liked the way it looked, and I kept it. And I like her as well. Her name is Surion." Surion crawled up onto his shoulder and let out a puff of smoke, as to say that she liked them. "I want you to hold her." He stated defiantly.

His father bravely took a breath and put out his hand for the dragon to perch on. "You may want to just use your shoulder. She is pretty heavy." Surion flew through the air and circled the large smithy. He flapped his wings to lower himself onto Miost's father's shoulder, and landed lightly. His father reached his hand back and patted her head, and she let out a squeak. Miost's mother also patted it and they quickly started to love the dragon.

After a few more pats, she flew back to Miost's shoulder. "See, she's wonderful!" Surion licked his cheek, "And loving!"

After an explanation, and some rules, his parents agreed to let him keep her. He gave them a hug each, and a lick from Surion, and then headed out to the Inn, where he hoped his cousin would be.

When he arrived, there were many in the common room, and he sat down next to a woman with an owl, introduced himself, and ordered a drink.

[ January 15, 2006, 18:18: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd finished her breakfast and looked at Lena and her bird smiling at the way the shy girl happily feeding her bird. Mnemeth flew and nestled on her shoulder with his tail wrapped loosely around her neck, Bast came and stood at her side.

"Lena let's go downstairs and meet rayenna she is waiting for us and others as well. Do you know his name yet" upon being informed his name was Porso the dwarf bowed formally and said "Welcome Porso, nature guide your path".

They all left the room and descended to the taproom they made their Rayenna's table where a singing Owl was dancing on the table.

"I see your friend has hatched also, this is Lena and her friend Porso; and we have a new friends and companions and a Spirit Companion! The days get more and more interesting" she and Lena sat down.

Mnemeth flew from Breyd's shoulder and hummed at the elf's dragon, and then everyone watched as the two played a game of chase in the air.

3. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon spotted the darwf from last night walking with a woman towards a table. He heard the name Lena and knew what had to be done. He told Beratli to stay put as he limped towards the table. The woman Lena had her back to him.

"Umm... Lena? " he asked still unsure. When she turned he quickly dropped to his knees grunting away the pain of his sores he pledged again but this time to the right person. " Lena, I am pledging my life to protect you, and will never cease untill I repay my debt or death I shall receive. " Looking up into the eyes of his new master waiting for her response. To make things easier he stood beside her arms crossed already perpared to defend her.

But already a commotion interrupted him. A man had discovered Beratliand tried to capture him Beratli was putting up a good fight but more men were joining. Holon rushed in fists flailing and jumped into the mob. When he reached Beratli he had to pull him off the face of his first attacker. Holon then plowed trough to the stair way making a bottle neck so he couldn't be flanked. Both him and Beratli were bleeding, Beratli was carrying aa steak knife he found on the floor.

" Give over the monster he's unnatural and evil " a man shouted.

" Beratli is a finer man then any of you are or will be and we did not travel many miles to warn of impending danger to killed in a bar brawl go back and drink away your sorrows because you had a bad harvest or your wife left you and leave the real men to work " Holon roared and surprisingly the began to drift off until they were all gone.

Panting hard they both collapsed on the stairs and waited to see what will happen next.

[ January 15, 2006, 18:51: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Torben was almost done with the dishes. He didn't want to miss the meeting that he himself had called. In a stroke of astounding good luck, Nimmkelt didn't have any extra chores for him to do this morning, saying something about trading with the travelers as he left. Torben went back into the taproom, jumped up on the bar, and rang the bell.

"Good morning to you all. Bellant, Davin, farmers and workers, I know you must have many questions about all of these strangers and the creatures they've brought with them. Rest assured, we mean Laelit no harm, and are trying to figure out what it all means ourselves. It seems like most of us are here, I've got to go get my, um, creature. Let's meet in the stables in a quarter hour. I'm sure we've got lots to discuss, and if all of us are together, we can get it done much quicker."

Torben hurried down to his lab to get Rusty, then scampered back to the stables, just as many of the newcomers were arriving.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro only half listened to the announcement, as he was conversing with the Songbird.

"Having fun?"
    -Yes Lord, Dancing is almost as enjoyable as singing-
    "Why not sing? I haven't heard you sing yet."
    -I don't feel like singing, Lord.-

Alandro thought for a moment.
    "Do you have a name?"
    -Of course. Songbirds are named after ordinary birds.-
    "What is your name then?"
    -Nightingale-

"Very well, Nightingale. Shall we head to the stable, and see what all this is about?"

Alandra answered "Yes, but arm yourself first brother. This is important, and you must create the right impression."

They headed upstairs, where Alandro donned his armour and strapped the sword to his hip. He arrived at the stable with Nightingale on his shoulder just as the meeting was beginning. The Songbird had to grip the edges of his cloak to avoid slipping from his metal-shod shoulder.

Alandro leant against the wall away from the others, his sister standing next to him.

[ January 15, 2006, 19:36: Message edited by: Daie d'Malkin ]

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Miost jogged over to the stables, Surion happily soaring behind him. When he arrived, he pushed some hay into a pile and sat down, having a good view of the main room of the stable, and Surion curled up beside him, his neck poised to watch the others and protect Miost. Surion had already learned how to breathe a bit of fire, but had not shown Miost yet.

I will protect you.

Miost looked around, bewildered. Who said that? Surion looked up at him. You can speak?!

Yes, my friend. I have listened to your thoughts, and talked to them, and your conscience answered. He taught me how to speak to you. I can only talk to you through my mind. Dragons cannot talk using their mouth.

My conscience did? Why didn't I notice? Why didn't I hear you?

I think your conscience thought that you were not ready, Surion noticed his confused state of mind, I know it is hard to believe that your own conscience can think for itself. My mind was surprised as well. She paused, But now we must pay attention to our surroundings, and Torben.

Miost nodded and put his hand on her back.

7. DarkStrider

Breyd and Lena left the Inn with Holon and Beratli in tow, they made a strange group and attracted some strange looks from the people of the village; some of whom made the ages-old horned gesture to ward off evil as they made their way to the stables.

"It's alright fear drives them, so many changes all at once makes people fear and nervous, they react badly and do things they don't really mean" Breyd said trying to reassure the others. Upon reaching the stable they saw Miost and moved next to him, Lena sat down Breyd took up a position to one side of them and Holon and Beratli on the other whilst Bast lay in fornt of them.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lena was so confused. An elf, Holon, pledged his life to her and the village was acting crazy over the small one. Had they not seen a minotaur before? She meekly followed Breyd and Holon, keeping a fearful eye out incase trouble happened with the little one.

Porso flew with the motley group, blazing a streak of red across the blue and white sky. _troubled?_ asked the firebird to Lena's mind.

Very, she answered with a mental sigh. What do I do about Holon? He seems nice, but I don't want a life protector. There's enough to worry about with myself! I don't have the strength to worry about another!

_hmm, am I a bother?_

No, I love birds. I miss the one I had as a child. Absently, she toyed with her hair. I can run away either. He'll follow me wherever I go. "What am I supposed to do about all this?" she muttered under her breath.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna finds a spot where she can observe the others and makes a nest of hay for herself and Salana. She sees Alandro leaning against the wall and smiles to herself. She is sure he would be warmly welcomed by the clan. Ray, join with me and see what I see. Rayenna lets her mind slip into Salana's. Her vision doubles momentarily and then she is seeing the others from a slightly different view and the colors seem warmer more vibrant.

Salana looks at Alandro and Rayenna stiffens. Beside Alandro is a female warrior. Who is that I have not seen her before?....Normally you can not see her. She is a spirit. Salana blinks and Rayenna's vision returns to normal.

She settles back to see if anyone can throw some light on this strange affair.

10. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kayn ran ahead, he charged into his fathers home, and grabbed his sword. He felt that he might need it. Vike sat curled around his neck as always. Stepping out of the house, he sprinted full on towards the stables.

As he neared the stables he slowed until a presence in his head forced him into the stables. He smiled at the others and flipped over a crate and sat down.

11. Daie d'Malkin

-Lord-
    "Hmm?"
    -The Owl watches you-
    Alandro turned round to find her, and quickly spotted Rayenna. She, and her owl, was indeed watching him, but also the spectral figure next to him. Alandra waved at the woman, and was surprised when she reacted.

"We've been rumbled Alandro. I think we should go and have a chat."

Nodding, he headed over, and crouched next to her.

"Problem, my lady?"

12. DarkStrider

Breyd turned towards Mnemeth listening *The lady with the Owl has also seen the Spirit Companion, perhaps we should join them as well, I'll signal his bird* and so saying, acted. Breyd excused herself from the little group and moved over next to Rayenna and Alandro, looking straight at the latter she said

"Are you going to introduce us Lord to your Spirit Companion?"

13. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro turned to his sister, and raised an eyebrow questioningly. She nodded, so he began to explain.

"She is my sister, Alandra. She died a few months ago, and has been with me ever since, though I have only been aware of her for a month. I had an...incident, which led to a heightened awareness of death. She is watching over me to make sure it doesn't happen again."

"And so it shouldn't brother, you almost killed me again" Alandra whispered in hs ear.

"Anyway, that is enough about me, we were talking about my younger sister. SHe greets you, and asks if there is anything else you wish to know."

14. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

" My lady, I don't know why I am here and I have to report to the Eldest. By your leave may I go? " he asked but he didn't really wait for the answer and headed for the town council building. Entering the large building a guard stopped him and asked his buisness. The guard hearing his important report, quickly rushed him into the main room. Inside was a small stooped man glowing with wisdom sitting in a small chair.

" Your buisness? " he small man croaked.

" M'lord, I am, from what I believe, the sole surviour from my village Olot. I am ignorant of the attackers for my father ordered my to bring message to my uncle. I am unsure but I believe that other villages may be in danger or maybe even Laelit. " Holon stated while holding the millatary salute.

" This is grave news indeed but I am the wrong one to be told you should tell the Blade. " The man said. " He will be found in the practice yard."

" Thank my lord. " Holon bowed and left and headed for the large field the guard pointed to.

Three men were there two fighting an older man with wooden poles. As Holongost waited for them to finish, the older man threw both young men to the groud with one swipe. After he muttered a few words to the two embarrassed men he turned to Holon. He siply said " Yes? "

" Blade, I am a Hoplite of the Olot legion, Holongost Berrain nephew of the smith Berrain. I have ran many miles to reach Laelit to report the destruction of Olot. I am ignorant of the attackers but what I know they arn't human or elven because my father was not shot by any humanoid arrow. I believe that many villages may be in danger and maybe even Lealit. " his report done he noticed the Blade eyeing Beratli, who grunted and made an obscene geusture. Embarassed, Holon pushed him with his heel out of view.

" Interesting. " he paused for a second. " Well, I will send messagers right away and send daily patrols but until more information I won't do more. But thank you and I greive your loss. As payment take any equipement and weapon you want from the store."

Replying with a nod he ran of to the large shed at the end of the field. He quickly chose hard leather with steel studs, a small buckler and a spear identical to his prior one that he lost in the fall. And to his surprise Beratli outfitted himself with a large hand axe which he used as a two handed one and small leather vest with iron plates and a pair of leather pants, Holon was surprised there was things that fit his small warrior companion. He rushed out with his new gear, eager to get back to Lena. He arrived when the groupe were already discusing the appearance of the creatures.

[ January 16, 2006, 01:03: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

15. DarkStrider

Breyd bowed formally in the directionof Alandra

"I greet you Lady Alandra, Nature guide your path; my name is Breyd, my companions are Mnemeth here on my shoulder and Bast over there with Lena. If you're wondering my grandmother was a Seer and when the spirit is strong I can sense it and it's intent"

She nodded at Rayenna and Alandro and their companions and returned to Lena's side.

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rayenna watched Breyd return to her friends then turned back to Alandro and his sister. "I was able to see Alandra through Salana's eyes. She is constantly suprising me. First a singing owl and now one who can see spirits." There is a slight frown on her face. They are not shadowed.

Suprised Rayenna speaks aloud, "What how do you know?" I know but I do not know how I know. There is no shadow there but the shadow of death and tragedy that come to all. They are good not evil though evil has touched them.

Rayenna stares speechlessly at Salana for a moment then seeing the strange look on Alandro's face says, "I apologize, milord but it also seems Salana can tell if one is Shadowed that is tainted with evil." She repeats what Salana has told her.

Then she is caught by the atmosphere of the room. There is the joy and wonder of bonding with their new companions but also fear, tension and bewilderment. They all seem to be waiting for guidance, for some explanation.

She knows no more than they do but there is one thing she can give them: music.

She removes her lyre from it's case and begins to play a gentle, soothing song. There is no spell involved but music has it's own magic. The mood begins to relax a little. She works a way into an ancient Travelers Song "The Charge". She knows no one will understand the words but prehaps the music itself will help. It is the command given to the Travelers to fight the evil of the Shadowed and has a strong, uplifting melody but not militant. It was composed to give a sense of purpose and resolve.

Salana's singing winds it's way through the music of the lyre and the beauty of Rayenna's voice. Rayenna knows she has never sung as well as this before and even she feels uplifted by the music.

[ January 16, 2006, 07:19: Message edited by: Nakia ]

17. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Torben listened to the music that the young woman was playing. At first, he was content just to sit and wait for someone to do or say something, but somehow the music made him want to get up and do something himself. Kind of like when Nimmkelt got on his case to do some work, but in a much better, more respectful way.

It looked like everyone was here. He stood up and went to the center of the stable where everyone could see him and Rusty, who had found a discarded horseshoe and was proceeding to turn it to rust and eat it.

"Well met friends, new and old," Torben spoke in the voice he normally only used when addressing a crowded tavern and was registering guests. "Thank you for coming. As most of you know, my name is Torben, and I work here at Nimmkelt's. If you've enjoyed any of the beverages here, other than the milk and cream, that has been my doing, so I will accept any thanks in that direction, though I must admit that having such a willing and able taste tester as Miost allways helps in those endeavors."

"We all have brand new friends, companions, what ever you want to call them. This here is Rusty, my, um, I guess you could call it a rust monster. I don't know much about him, or her, but I like Rusty, and Rusty likes me. Though I must admit some envy of the more beautiful and apparently communicative companions, I'm happy with what I found on my own."

"It would be wonderful on its own for any of us to have found such a great new companion. But for all of us to have found them, and in such a close proximity of time and place, surely means something much more than the simple joy a child feels with a new puppy or goat to cuddle. It would be nice to think that it means a time of happiness and prosperity, but none of the old tales ever have something as wonderful as this happen without a concurrent woe, or soon to appear evil."

"Each of us must know something about this, though to him or her it might seem but a perplexing piece of an unsolvable riddle. I myself feel that I'll have the most unhelpful information, but if all of us tell the core of our own tale, maybe together we can get some sense out of it all."

"For those of you who are new to Laelit, and haven't heard Nimmkelt moan about the trouble I've caused him, here is my story."

"Thirty-one years ago, my parents, strangers to these parts, came to the inn, bloodied and with myself quickly coming into the world. Ma Katja was called, and I was delivered, but my mother died, and in his grief, my father burned most of the inn down, shouting about protecting his family from the night spirits before being consumed by the flames he caused. Nobody even knew their names or where they were from. The only thing he left me was my name, and a jeweled necklace that my mother wore, which I have never seen, as Nimmkelt is keeping it as collateral until I pay off the damage my father did to the inn, which I have figured will be never, based on the pay he gives me and the rent he charges me for my room and board. As to why I stay, I have no where else to go, and being in charge of brewing beverages for the inn gives me certain access and advantages that I have enjoyed greatly. Though now I'm thinking it might be time for me to settle my debt with old Nimmkelt."

Torben was astounded at all he had said to these strangers and acquaintances, baring his feelings as he had previously only done with Miost. He stepped back and sat down next to a pen's gate, the hinges of which Rusty was gleefully disintegrating and eating. He was going have to do something about that. Maybe Miost's dad would have some old scrap he could have.

Suddenly remembering something else he felt was, or could be important, he got up again. "Another thing, at breakfast this morning I overheard the Annersinn brothers, local farmers, talking about a weird egg that some of their poultry were incubating. I don't know if any of them have a connection to it. Most of them are your typical dour farmers, but the youngest one seems to be a black sheep, so he might connect with it if any of them were to."

[ January 16, 2006, 08:10: Message edited by: Scot ]

18. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kayn sat back silently listening to the others. Some were talking about a spirit girl that was involved with the strange guy in the armour that made Kayn jelouse, Torben was talking strange things about oweing money to the bar and more eggs and Vike was chewing on what appeared to be another mouse.

"Do any of you know anything about these eggs and whats going on with them?" He suddenly asked very loudly. Alot louder than he had wanted to. "I mean we have a very strange group here, very few of us know each other and we all find some fancy egg in a different place, which all hatch within a day and we all seem to be connected by this. If I'm involved in another prophcy about saving the world, I think I'm going to scream."

"I want a simple life. I don't want to be part of The Ten, I don't want to be connected to a bunch of stranger by a dragon, thats related to a Pheonix whose related to an owl. Maybe I've said to much." And with that he sat down on the overturned barrel again. This time faceing away from the others. The young man was begginning to feel very overwhelmed with what his father had revealed and this whole egg thing.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lena felt for Kayn. Not about being part of a prophecy, but being confused and lost. Staying with her crazy father started sounding more appealing the longer she remained with her new friends.

20. DarkStrider

Breyd stepped up onto a crate "My name is Breyd, I am a druid and come from the hills to the northwest of here, whilst exploring an old cave for some fungi that I use in my potions, Bast my panther companion pointed out something strange at the back of the cave. There in an old vein of copper was what looked like a stone, it called to me and Bast and so I took it from the vein and it hatched into my companion Mnemeth."

Breyd took a breath and as she went to carry on her eyes fluttered and rolled in their sockets and a deeper sonorous voice came out of the dwarf
    "Woe to the world
    If the circle breaks of its own accord
    Joy to the darkness
    If the chosen walk away from duty
    Look to the warnings
    And heed all the signs
    for Victory to be won
    they all must start the path"

And the she collapsed, Bast came over and lay next to her purring gently and Mnemeth settled on her chest humming softly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.