1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Let's talk about SPELLS!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Wassup, Nov 29, 2000.

1. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Actually, suprisingly Viconia can cast smite... so usually ends up my party dying(or at least her) :)

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

What do you do, when there is no space in your spellbook for new spells???

e.g. On my page 2 or 3, I can only have 3-4 more spells. Or aren't there that many spells in the game?

3. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Hey Lokken, You can only have a certain amount of spells learnt, with your intelligence. If it is 18, you can learn as many as you like, but since only Edwin has that, al othere mages you can use, are limited to a certain amount.
    I for once taught Aerie all the spells I had from level 5, but when I came to the coolest, she couldn't learn any more :mad:

Ok, now for the Topic:

I used for offence MAgic Missile the most.
    For breaking thorugh: Breach.
    For defence: Stoneskin and Prot. from Evil.
    And ofcourse Haste is a cool spel.
    In the beginning of the game I used Improved Invissability (sp?), but later I didn't needed it any more.

BTW. In the game Maual, If you read about Wolfweres and Greater Wolfwere it says:
    They are extremely powerful and regenerate so quickly, that your whole party needs to concentrate on them, if you want to kill them.
    Well, when I first saw one, I was terrified, because all my characters were nearly dead.
    And I was still fighting, so only my own Character (Half-Orc Barbarian) was able to reach him and he started hackin' 'n slashin'.
    He killed the bloody beast by himself, with only 12 hitpoints lost! (He now had 4 hitpoints ;)) So I think the Manual was a bit overreacting, don't you?

4. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

nobleman, are you sure that infravision gives better atack rolls in the dark?
    Spell description doesnt mention such effect as far as i remember. How much do you think are infravision bonuses for attack/defense rolls? havent heard of that.
    Do Helm of Infravision also provides such effect?

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Da Punisher, there is a limit with 18 int, a pretty annoying one too, you just drink a potion of genius and boost the intelligence, and read on, so its really no problem to get Imoen and Aerie to learn 8 & 9 level spells

6. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] AbiDalzim's Horrid Wilting is the best safe area damage spell ever!

I also like the death spell because it kills instantly all summoned pests, which I hate, especially the sishruu and the hakeashaar!

Power word Stun is a very-very-very useful spell. I works wonders against mages.

Personally, my favorite spell is the finger of death, cause it's awesome!

For defence I usually use spell deflection, spell turning, stoneskin, red fireshield and mirror image, simulacrum.

For removing mage protections I use secret word and breach.

I don't use summoning spells because they suck(death spell single cast kills them, I don't use demon summoning because it doesn't match my sorcerer's good alignment)! I use area damage spells, like fireball and sunfire instead.

7. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

For once me and Tin will agree on a spell

The death spell is brilliant

I like Project Image, finger of death and a load of the summoning spells. Gate is cool, but the king of summon spells is Animate Dead.

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Actually I am not so sure anymore Kasio! :confused: I have done some research and it seems as this fighting in the dark doesn't influnce humans and other who haven't got infravision.
    In P&P there is a penalty when fighting in the dark ranging from 0 to 4 in the THAC0 where 4 is totally blinded. Apparently darkness is for wussies in BG-series. We don't mind fighting in the dark.

I have searched the rulebook of SoA. But this rulebook is very carefull not to describe too many rules and numbers.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 18, 2001).]

9. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

About the most powerful spell ever, i'd say imprisonment (although I can't even spell it right :) ). I think it was too overpowered. It bypasses magic resistance and hasn't got a saving throw - it's like a power word kill, which can kill creatures over 60 HP and bypasses magic resistance.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.