1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Longest you have worked

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sarevokā€¢, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Almost a year ago i was working as IT Support for a cell phone service provider (i still remember the day 24 March) and it was the day tha soBig virus struck and appeared in that company too. I was working from 9:00 untill 00:30 non stop and without a result since symantec haven't managed to create the removal tool untill two days afterward. I was tottally freaked out.
    Tomorrow i will be working from 9:00 untill 21:00 and Sunday i will be working from 7:00 untill 22:00. I work now for Athens2004 (the organization that manages the Olympic games as network spec, and i have for now the responsibility of the network for a venue that now has a test event).
    I really feel very tired even by just thinking it :coffee:

2. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I can't touch most of what you all have done, but for a part one summer I traveled with a carnival. I worked varying hours from July 3 through about August 25 with no days off. At one stop, we worked 10 14-hour days straight.

"Circus jumps" were the worst. We'd shut down one night, clean up, pack up, sleep a few hours, then drive to the next town on the circuit, set up, and open up the next day. Usually less than 12 hours between closing in one town and opening in the next.

3. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

6 months. thats my longest without hitting a liberty port. try floating in the middle of the pacific ocean for 6 months. no land, trees, dirt, anything just blue. the same people every day. the same routine everyday. god the navy blows some days.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Work eh. In the army I was up 86 hours straight, I wasn't given pause to sleep at all with the exception of 2 hours which I passed for my partner to get his sleep.

Time-wise, I was in for 2 months without a single day off.

In work, my longest day is around 16 hours I think. And longest row of days is somewhere over 14 days straight, ~10-14h per day.

But those are just the records. Normally I do the 40 hours per week.

5. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Last summer I spent two weeks in a sewing factory from 8am to 6pm (with lunchbreak), making black lacy panties (cutting the lace designs on laser machines, sorting them, assembling, and finally sewing).
    I agree the workhours weren't very stenuous but it was engough to make me give up any fancy or lacy item of underwear for about 6 months! (I still shed bitter tears when I put on a certain black bra..)

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Worked? Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

*sniff sniff*

I have worked for...

...muahahahahahahaha.

Lets just say that I love not being old enough to need to work yet.

7. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Caleb, I'm so jealous!
    I mean: I'm your age!!!

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Nah, you're only 16, I'm 17. :D

9. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31

Shut up! I'm 17 in 6 months... And anyway, I'm about 170 if we count my other lives :p

:yot: Anyway, have strayed verrry far from the original topic (apologies to everyone)...

10. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've never done like 100 day stretches but when I was working at a discount store, I had worked a seven day stretch (on my feet for six hours, less than minium wage, btw) and I was promised by the manager to have the weekend off. Last minute, I was told if I wanted my PROMISED weekend off, I'd have to work until the store closed at nine pm. Twelve bloody hours. I told her, not bloody likely. I was promised my weekend and I would take it, no strings attached (as per the original agreement). She gave in but I was mad. Screened my calls that weekend and guess what? They tried to call me in. I am glad I no longer work there.

11. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Ive worked for 56 days straight durin summer..only 7 hours a day..but still

12. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] my uncle works every day of the year, but isn't allowed to tell me what the hell it's for(top secret material).

Me, i haven't worked a day in my life :D :lol:

13. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Longest I have worked? Probably several hours... :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.