1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Love Interest?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by hooligan_inc, Oct 23, 2000.

1. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

In my game Aerie dumped me in the planar sphere just before a fight with the halflings, after a big row jaheira taking all her gear. does anyone know if the girls will fight each other over you, or do they just storm off in a sulk?

2. hooligan_inc Guest

They've had a few rows w/ me:

Once when Aerie was whinging about not flying anymore, then she had a go at me for providing support (!)

And another time when she asked If I thought she was a minger w/out wings.

3. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I wouldn't say that they fight over you as much as they pick on eachother. They each just want their chance to complain and tell you about their past. That includes telling eachother to shut up. It's pretty bad with Aerie, Jaheira, and Viconia in the same group.

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

In my game i'm surprised Aerie and Jaheira haven't run off from the put downs Viconia's been dishing out.
    And it is interesting with all three in the group, especially when you're running into battle and they all stop to talk romanticly to you. The troll leader must have been laughing his ass off at us! Does violence turn these women on or something?!?!

5. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Just a question about the Harper quests. Do you have to take Xzar's quest to get them later? I declined the quest from the Zhent scum.

Sorry, I should've posted this in the other thread...

[This message has been edited by Thaumas (edited October 28, 2000).]

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I would believe that this is the start of what will be later known as "The Harper Quests" for the involvement with Xzar gets the ball rolling with Jaheira and the other members found within The Harpers HeadQuarters.

Syl...

7. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Thanks. Now only to justify why my goody twoshoes cavalier would take a quest from him :). Hmm...

8. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What is the best course of action to take through the quest Xzar gives you?

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think a more detailed question would be in order, unless you just want me to spoil you on the whole process (at least what I remember of it). For example, what have you done so far; what are you stuck/hesitating on?

10. Ifrit65 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I liked Aerie the most but she died in chapter 2 (I'm in chapter 4 now) is there any way I can get her back now as I NOW have revival spells, but of course I kicked her out of my group!
    Aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!!
    Thanx!

11. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Viconia is scum. the only Drow that know how to love are Drizzt and Zaknefein, and the latter is dead.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I have a question about the love interest thing...Regarding Viconia.

She's a total hottie, but My character is a Paladin...So there's a potential for things to get hotter than usual probably...Which brings me to my question:

What would happen if a Paladin pursued something with an Evil NPC? As my fame and reputation grows, will she break and run? Has anyone tried this yet? I'd hate to bring her into my group, only to have her leave due to the Increased rep thing.

What do you think?

13. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] All Drow know how to love, power for one thing. Anyway, Viconia has forsaken those ways and since she's a potential love interest in BG2 it's obvious she knows how to. Does it show I'm a Viconia fan?
    Oh, as for the paladin thing, just say you're trying to convert her ;).

14. Hope Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I'm beginning to get the feeling that this board is dominated by males...not that I mind being dominated ;) so, is it only a few NPCs that you can have a romance with or, as you say with Imoen, only a selected few? (not that I expect you guys to know who the bloke love interests are :p )

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Hope,

I think the only male love interest is Anomen. And you're right, since i'm a guy, I didn't have much interest in picking him up! :o)

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My understanding is that there are 3 female possibilities for the male leads (Aerie, Jaheira and Viconia) and only 1 male possibility for the female leads (Anomen)

17. Hope Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Noooo!!!!!!!! not Anomen! Did they think that girls wouldn't play BG2? They could at least have given us the option to be bi...oops, did I say that out loud?

18. Hope Gems: 3/31

Maybe if I close my eyes....

19. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Heh! Well, just because YOU are a girl doesn't mean your alter ego in BG2 has to be a girl...

I would have to say that for me, the love interest stuff is pretty low on the importance scale (though by the amount of traffic on these boards on the subject I would say I'm in the minority!). It provides a little more depth and interest to a few of the NPCs, but if it wasn't included, I wouldn't really miss it...

20. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    He does have the cool goatee though! LOL!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.