1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mazzy Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by 8people, Nov 13, 2003.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] an... interesting, dialogue but I don't think Mazzy would say that, somehow.

One dialogue I wrote earlier:

Mazzy: Your grace, may I ask you something?
    Player: Sure, what is it?
    --> Mazzy: I have been wondering for some time now, what is it that keeps you going?
    --> Player: When I started I wanted to find Gorions killer, now I need to find Imoen and save her.
    -----> Mazzy: Your family and those close to you, then? I must admit, it is much the same for me, my family back in Trademeet are very important to me, then of course there is... was... Patrick. **
    --> Player: I need answers, that is all.
    -----> Mazzy: From Irenicus, yes? You must be very driven./When I went to aid the village in the Umar hills I could sense the evil in the forest, yet I underestimated it, I lost my friends and... I lost Patrick. **
    --> Player: I'd rather not discus this...
    -----> Mazzy: My apologies, I didn't mean to be a nuisance.
    Player: Can't it wait?
    --> Mazzy: My apologies, I didn't mean to be a nuisance.

** Mazzy: I am sorry, Your grace, I should have gotten over it, yet I miss his presence dearly.
    Player: It's alright, I understand, and you can call me <Charname>
    --> Mazzy: Thank you, <Charname>, it's good to have a friend like you who understands.
    -----> Player: Anytime, Mazzy
    --------> Mazzy: and that time may come, I feel better now, let us continue on.
    Player: Well, don't let it happen again.
    --> Mazzy: My apologies, I didn't mean to be a nuisance.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Your Grace?! Since when is charname a duke?

And well, it's Korgan who initiated the fight, but charname is the one to beg to stop when Korgan gets too low on HP to live through the duel. Unless Mazzy is deeper into Korgan than charname.

Sorry, don't want to be a wet blanket. The rest is good ;)

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It most of her dialogues Mazzy calls the player Grace.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Awww... just strange. She could as well say royal highness. Eh, games.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

hmmm, some excellant ideas, and I must confess that I'm undecided as to whether or not she should be knighted.

SPOILER

She is in the aftermath at the end of TOB, so maybe we could write a new one?

End Spoiler

Hmm?

6. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Well - we could put it in the epilogue - but I don't there should be her knighthood in the romance.

7. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Don't leave humans on of the loop! Let her romance humans, dwarves halflings and gnomes.

For humans add a few extra confersations about ... how can I put this delicately ... interface issues. :)

8. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] The thing is - we have the problem that Halflings can romance Anomen, Aerie, Jaheira and Viconia.

but some people are opposed to Mazzy romancing 'big people'

so it's wondering where to draw the line, so to speak.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

8people,
    It's because they like the level of the interaction when it's a little male to a big female (see my comment about gnomes romancing Aerie in another thread.)

Honestly, I don't see why Mazzy wouldn't romance a human. Can anyone here say that she would not romance a paladin? Paladins have to be human.

:yot: You enjoy the first person ever to get a rogue stone?

10. Daie d'Malkin

I think see can romance any race except half orc.
    I always play elves, and wouldn't want to make a new character just for the romance.

I'm still not sure about the knighting.....
    yes? no?
    I haven't got a clue.

OOC; Congrats on the rogue stone.

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I disagree with the knighting. But agree with Her romancing all races, save Half-Orc. So unless there are any decent arguments for these I'll go ahead with this.

(I'm not the first to get the rogue stone. But it's a bit embaressing the only one displaying it.)

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

The way I see it is just simple fairness. Little people with little people, because, well, it just work. (man am I articulate)

13. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I've had Mazzy in my party. In fact I finished ToB with her, carrying all the way over from SoA.

Mazzy as a paladin would be just weird. Mazzy knighted (but not class change) like Daie suggested wouldn't be TOO bad...but I still don't like it. The point is she doesn't get knighted. Mwahahahahaha!! *cough* Sorry.

As for the race thing. Even though it wouldn't seem right, I think Mazzy should go all races? I know, before you start bashing me, the reasoning is much like the Imoen Romance one. People like their characters, and some might not want to adjust their character's races just to play a particular mod.

If Mazzy romances a Paladin, the writers *pokes Daie* would need to write a helluva lot of extra dialogue. Mazzy would be all jealous (?) and questioning and stuff. But then, it wouldn't be fair on non-paladin-playing people.

Bah.

Oh, BTW, I had an idea the other day. Maybe a reputation system? If your reputation drops below, say, 6, Mazzy refuses to romance you until it goes up. If it drops below say 4 the romance is hasta la vista, baby. Just a thought.

14. Daie d'Malkin

NOOOOO! More Writing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Maybe. Just maybe. If you're good then Santa Daie will write it.
    Maybe not then. plus, if she is upset by the refusal, then all sorts of comforting possibilites open up *Daie's twisted mind supplies details*
    It shouldn't be just restricted to the smaller races, but the again, I really loathe half orcs and dwarves- they're so damn UGLY!

I like.

Mazzy: (Charname), what is this quest that we follow, you mentioned something about a friend?

1. Aye, my sister, Imoen. She was kidnapped by Irenicus, the man who torured me. I must rescue her soon
    2. Yeah, Imoen, but I’m really just after Irenicus. I want my revenge on him
    3. Mazzy, I would rather not talk about it right now thanks.

Mazzy(1): For what it is worth (Charname), I will aid you to the end.
    1. Thank you Mazzy(end dialogue)
    2. You’re here while you’re useful Halfling

Mazzy(2): (Charname)!? Why are you so hostile? I shall think carefully before speaking to you again (end dialogue, romance over)

Mazzy (3): Very well (Charname), we shall speak later.

[ Cut down the excessive punctualization and capitalization ] - Beren

[ December 03, 2003, 21:20: Message edited by: Beren ]

15. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] How about Mazzy only romaces those with a reputation over 10. The whole - ruined romance rebuilt when rep goes up seems a bit weird to me, and if you have a rep of 6... What the hell is Mazzy doing with you?

16. Daie d'Malkin

Like the LT?

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] It's quite good. Probably as the first dialogue. May extend it a bit, perhaps changing the second option slightly. Adding an extra line of dialogue... perhaps, I do not know.

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Suddenly, this becomes a group effort. Methinks that one person should write all of it up, or edit it all. That way, it would at least be fluid and the text won't change, well, styles.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.