1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Meaning behind your Title

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Clixby, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Colthrun is just (IMHO) the coolest name ever. :p

And the title makes sense if you've ever hiked in different terrains. Hiking in the woods, people who are at the back of a line are normally hit by those branches the person in front was moving aside. Hiking in a swampy area, those in front tend to "find" the soft spots and hidden ponds first.

Isn't logic a beautiful thing?

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Oh, my quote is the opening line of Carl Orff's symphonic suite, "Carmina Burana." It translates to, "Oh Fortune, ever as variable as the moon."

3. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Mine is one of the many sayings Erul'dar Mitharr (Sinecro) has that make him famous, has to do with my fascination with Forgotten Realms Necromancy :D

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I am named after the greatest arse kicker in all of history. Everyone feared Cúchulainn and his enchanted spear (Gae Bolga).

5. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Real name's Michelle shortened to Shell.
    Title because the pic's a bear and I love hugs.

6. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I just like the song: "This Wheel's on Fire." Can't think of who did it though... :hmm:

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm a Monty Python fan.

And if that doesn't help, then I fart in your general direction.

8. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    My name is latin for three acts. I do a lot of theater, and a while ago, I founded a theater company. In one of our meetings, it came up when we were discussing names. We didn't take it, but I thought it was interesting... :)

Hahaha, I saw you name, and I immediatly saw Obelix in it. And he's a pretty tough warrior, when he isn't eating boars... :p

9. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

The Nameless One in his zombie disguise looks, well, sleepy. It also reminds me of the "loser" avatar in the Fallout games. There are some really washed up addicts wandering around in Fallout 2 saying things like "Maybe if I just sleep..."

It kind of represents the clueless, half-awake and half-somewhere-else manner in which I lumber about through life, particularly in times of imbibing choice beverages.

Edit: typo.

[ June 15, 2006, 15:33: Message edited by: Susipaisti ]

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I thought up Saber when I first started playing runescape, and the name stuck with me... I use it for almost everything now.

And my title comes from Lethal Weapon 2, when Danny Glover is on the toilet that has a bomb wired to it. It is a very funny part :lol:

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oh, we're talking about the sub-title? Not our name?

In that case, mine is a line from Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven", which I chose when I got my raven avatar as the line which best suits my personality.

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    My title? It should be obvious...

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Really? I thought it referred to your Elvisesque avatar.

14. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, I was actually wondering about your screenname, but title's good too, I guess. Sjould've been more clear on that one.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm a master of none, imo.
    About the title... It refers to a biblical figure, Melchizedek (means King of Justice), who was king of Salem ('King of Peace') and priest of the God Most High.

I'm thinking on changing my title, tough. (Not my name). Perhaps into something that has to do with a helmet, light, blessing or safety. But not too paladin-like.

16. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Sir Belisarius was the name of a paladin I played in DnD. Also my favorite general from history.

My tag line? Well, that should be obvious to the folks who read these boards... ;) :p

17. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Can't remember, actually.. All I remember is that it was blatantly stolen from a guy from EQ. It was titles he had earned through pvp tournaments, and the likes.

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.