1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind Role Play

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Nakia, May 6, 2007.

1. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Astarel blinked. "What's in Red Mountain that a Telvanni would want? The only things I've heard of up there are the Dwemer ruins, the Ashlander tribes, and the blight, and I suppose if there are any tattered remnants of this Sixth House you're talking about then they'd probably be there as well." She stopped cold, and her brow furrowed. "No! You don't think...?"

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    After about a 10 minute walk, Fort Moonmoth was in sight. A standed and bland Fort by anyone's standeds, it stood sentinal over one of the more frequented trails into the ashlands.
    Lander entered the fort through the archway and headed for the main barracks to talk with his informant.

5 minutes later he left the fort with a lighter coin pouch and still nothing in the way of information. Not that he had expected the Imperials to know much, but they would have known if something was up.

He stoped and thought for a while about what to do next. As he had nothing else to occupy him untill a new source of infomation presented itself he would be best off going artifact hunting with the three... no four, from Belmora. He cast the recall spell and felt the woosh of displaced air.

The four hadn't moved much, but they didn't look that pleased to see him.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "We are near the Eight Plates, let's get something to eat and drink and I will tell you a little story."

When she had satisfied her hunger, Chirra leaned back with drink in claw. "I knew the Nerevarine briefly. Aurianne know some of this but bear with me. It is because of the Nerevarine that I am here and free instead of bones rotting in a Telvanni Pit beneath a Tower." She casts a slight scowl at Lander.

One claw digs a furrow into the already scarred table. "There are many rumors about the Nerevarine. Who knows what is true or false? I do know this he was no treasure hunter. He did not choose his fate." She stares thoughtfully off into the distance. "Perhaps he was more enslaved than I was." With a shrug of her shoulders she continues. "Yes, he took treasures, sought powerful artifacts but mostly he just wanted to survive. He killed because he had to kill to stay alive but he helped many. He went out of his way to help Khajiit and Argonian slaves. He rose from obscurity and poverty to be our greatest hero and always had time for those who suffered."

Chirra gives a snarly laugh, "I prattled on like a den mother. I have never been to the Red Mountain and know only tales. I have heard of Dwemer ruins and other things. I have also heard that though the blight is gone there are still creatures who were cursed with the disease and other foul things. The Ashlands are a dangerous place at best and the Red Mountain hides much. What Aurianne seeks I know, I seek answers and you, Astarel seek to be a full mage but what the Telvanni seeks I do not know."

She turns to Davion, "And what seek you, friend? Gold, glory or death? They are all to be had in Vvardenfell."

[ May 19, 2007, 02:39: Message edited by: Nakia ]

4. Halt-Man Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Calmly scrutinizing his drink, as if to see if anything bad was floating in it, Davion replied, "Gold, mostly. I don't really care about glory, and I would prefer to do as little dying as possible."

He put the drink down on the table, leaned back in his chair, then continued, "Mostly I'm here because I decided to travel around a lot, learning new techniques for armor making, such as the way the Dwemer did, and maybe make some nice money while doing so."

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "If we are going to the Red Mountain we will need potions and scrolls especially for those of us who are not strong in magic. Aurianne should be able to get some cheap and even free from the Mage Guild. Davion, you don't happen to belong to the Fighters Guild? Sometimes they have some extra potions and even scrolls. I can check out the South Wall but doubt they'll have what we need but you never know."

Turning to Landon she gives him a warm cat smile (which usually scares human types). "What will we face and what are the Ashlanders like since the coming of the Nerevarine? Any information will be helpful. I don't like dying either."

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "Hmm... the most dangrous thing we are likely to face will be remanints of Corpes and Blight Disease. While they are no longer created by Dagoth Ur, there are still some infected creatures deep in the Ashlands.
    However once past those we need only face the defences in the Dwamer halls themselves, which while not the easiest thing in the world to do, should give us little trouble.

The Ashlanders are content to live out their lives as they have always done. None of the tribes are warlike anymore so they will not challenge us if we pass by their lands.

Their is only one other thing to be aware of. The former strongholds of the Sixth House are riddled with black magics, traps, corpes and blight. Their is no doubt in my mind that entering one will be a death sentence. Thankfully the strongholds are marked by red candles, enchanted to burn in everlasting light, so they can easly be recognised.

I think thats everything... Oh wait. The guards have made it known that those who cross over the former boundries of the Ghostfence will be beyond any help they could possably give them. Yes. That's everything I know. Anything else is in the hands of chance."

7. Nakia

Media:
    "Alright, I'm off to the South Wall. Aurianne, would you like to come with me? Astarel, could you check out the Mage Guild? We'll meet outside the Eight Plates early in the morning. Astarel, you're welcome to stay with us. We'll manage."

With a glance and shrug to Lander and Davion Chirra rises and heads towards the exit.

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "I'm going to look through some of the stores before they close for the night. See you tomorrow"

Lander left, bumping past a slightly drunken Dunmer Hlaalu member on the way out.
    "Watch it wizard" slurred the man.

"Oh shut up" Lander muttered and continued walking.

9. Nakia

Media:
    Chirra and Aurianne crossed the river to the South Wall Corner Club and after a brief talk with Sugar Lips they spoke to the bartender and disappeared behind a tapestry hanging by the bar.

They entered a large room with several doors. An attendant directed them to a door which led them into a large cavern. Climbing up and down ladders they found themselves in an area with many merchants. Chirra checked around and finally purchased scrolls and potions for the two of them.

After leaving the South Wall they returned to the room above Cosades' and settled in. She wasn't sure what Astarel would do but Aurianne and Astarel could share the bed. She could easily make a bed on the floor. She had slept on worse.

"It is good to be with you again, Aurianne. I think you and Astarel will get along nicely. We will see what happens with our two new friends. Being with the Blades has led me into stranger company."

She flexed her muscles and did what exercises she could in the small space.

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

"It's good to see you again too, Chirra. I can't remember the last time we worked together. ...Actually, I can't remember *any* time we worked together. Huh. We must've had some pretty boring assignments if I can't even remember them!" Aurianne grinned at Chirra.

"But I bet this time will be different. It'll be exciting and fun, and...ooh! I almost forgot." Aurianne dug an odd-looking coin out of her pocket and showed it to Astarel. "I noticed this when Chirra was buying moldy old scrolls and potions. It's a Dwemer coin. Cost me more than a few drakes, but it'll be nice to have a lucky coin to carry around. You see how it's barely marked up at all? The Dwemer really made things to last."

11. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Astarel examined the coin carefully. Like many Dwemer artifacts, it looked mechanical somehow; it was silvery and eight-sided, and looked more like a cogwheel in some arcane machinery than something that once changed hands frequently in the daily life of a lost race.

"They really liked their machines, didn't they..." she said softly. "Seems like their minds were more metal than organic. How did they ever get like that? Like us, they were of the Ayleidoon once..."

OOC note: now with edits.

[ May 24, 2007, 18:19: Message edited by: Tiamat ]

12. Nakia

Media:
    Chirra smiled fondly at the two kits (that is how she thought of them). She purred softly, "Aye, their inventions still baffle us. We must be on our guard against traps and other strange things. Now we had best be to rest if we are to get started early tomorrow. You two take the bed I can make myself a cosy spot on the floor with these extra pillows and blankets."

She suits action to words and soon has herself a cozy spot prepared. Settling into it she fondly eyes Astarel and Aurianne as they murmur over the artifact.

13. Halt-Man Gems: 1/31

After leaving the bar, Davion decided to take a stroll around Balmora to get better acquainted with the town. On the east side of the river, he noticed a thief trying to cut a purse from a well-dressed man, who noticed him and chased the hapless thief down the street yelling obscenities.
    Not much else happened afterwards, so he went back to the South Wall and to his nice warm bed. Before dropping off to sleep, he undid a chain around his neck and put the sword-shaped necklace on the bedside table.

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Haveing found nothing in the various merchants shops, Lander decided to call it a night.

He returned to the Eight Plates and went straight to his room. Before he blew out the candle, he cast a lock spell on the door, just in case.

15. Nakia

Media:
    After a peaceful night's sleep the three headed up to the Eight Plates to meet the others. It was early and the sun was only a faint promise on the horizon. Only a few people were out, Hlaalu guards and workers hurrying to their jobs.

In the Eight Plates a sleepy attendant brought them food and drink while they waited.

"I hope the others come soon. The trip up to the Red Mountain is not long but hot and dusty. There are still creatures and bandits to worry about. Vvardenfell may almost be back to normal but normal doesn't mean safe here."

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Morning saw Lander wakeing after a suprisingly restful sleep. Light sleeping was something any Telvanni adopted out of self defence, as those that didn't wake to a bump in the night tended not to wake up at all.

The common room was full of sleepy eyed travelers and adventures, as well as his new traveling companions siting at one of the central tables.
    He asked the attendent for something to eat, then sat down with them.

"So, what's out first order of business for today?"

17. Nakia

Media:
    "As soon as the Redguard joins us I say we head up to the Red Mountain. You, Lawman, have the most experience with the Ashlands if not the Red Mountain itself. I'm good at hand-to-hand fighting and stealth. I think I should take point. Aurianne although a monk has been trained in the use of the blade and is quite good at it. Astarel has mage training. Davion is an unknown." Chirra tapped impatiently on the table with an extended claw.

"If Davion does not show soon we may go wake him. His ability to repair weapons will certainly come in handy even if he can't do anything else."

18. Halt-Man Gems: 1/31

A chair behind Chirra scraped back and Davion stood up with a big grin on his face and said, "Well I sure hope I can do more than just repair weapons, because this sword is a pretty heavy conversation piece!" He sat back down at an empty spot at the group's table, leaning his sword, in its sheath, on the table next to him.

"While I was checking out the Fighter's Guild this morning to see if I could get some Blight Cure potions, I heard that some Captain person down at Fort Moonmoth, Larrio or Varrus or something, was looking for some people to run an errand for him on the way up to Red Mountain. What say we go check it out on our way?"

19. Nakia

Media:
    Chirra shrugged, "Fine by me. No harm to check it out."

Looking around at the others, "How say you, we have to pass by the Fort anyway. We can check for any needed supplies too. If everyone is ready let's get going. I'm fine in the dark but we'll probably hit dust storms. Night vision won't help much with them."

She led the way out to the central plaza and over to the bridge leading to the Fort and eventually the dreaded Red Mountain. The sun was casting its first rays over the eastern horizon, a soft breeze caressed them as they walked. It was a lovely day to begin an adventure.

20. Morogot Gems: 1/31

"Imperial s'wit!" Publumwe shouted over his shoulder as he brushed dirt off his robes. The guards just laughed at him, standing in a raucous bunch on the road on the slope leading to the stone arch of Fort Moonmoth. One bent down, snagging a pebble from the ground, and Publumwe yelped and clapped a hand to his bum as the stone struck him sharply. He inhaled deeply, and turned toward them, composing his features into as dignified a snarl as he could. "Enjoy your barbarism while it lasts, guar-heads. Because I'll be laughing till my breath runs when you're feeding the worms." He pivoted, giving his head a little shake to help clear their jeers from his brain. He swept his gaze over the road, wondering where to go.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.