1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie associated with a song game #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jun 25, 2007.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    So many to choose from... Carly Simon - let the river run

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Rain Man?

I once had a cassette tape with lesser-known songs-from-movies on it, this was one of those songs and that's the only movie I actually remember from the tape, though I think it may have had a song from Scrooged on it

4. Takara

Media:
    Interesting, but sadly no. This song won Carly Simon an oscar for songs written for films. I loved it ever since I saw this film, so got it on my comp to play often.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  5. Takara

Media:
    This is quite surprising. Only Aldazar has made an intresting, but wrong, guess. Ok, hints: This was for a movie in late 80s, and it was based in New York. At the beginning, and end, of the film you see the world trade centre as this song is playing. Such a horrendous act to destroy it on 9/11.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :doh: Working Girl.

7. Takara

Media:
    You got it. Tsk Tsk, took you long enough. :lol:

8. T2Bruno

Media:
    You'll be in My Heart -- Phil Collins.

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    Hint: Disney.

10. Takara

Media:
    Well, I know it as I saw the film name when looking to hear the song on itunes. Never saw it, and wouldn't have got it anyway.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

tarzan

12. T2Bruno

Media:
    Enagonios has it.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

cool.

J Ralph - Kansas City Shuffle

14. nior Gems: 24/31

How about a hint.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hmmm, okay. This was released in the first quarter of 2006 and according to imdb it received 4 wins and 3 nominations. It has a star-studded cast and the song is quite prominent in the movie.

Aside from the whole song being played in the last scene and finishing during the credits, it also played during the movie's trailer. More significantly, the definition of a "Kansas City Shuffle" is discussed by one of the movie's lead actors at the beginning of the movie, and its mentioned a couple of times later in the movie towards the end as well.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Right, I killed it. Anyway, the movie in question was Lucky Number Slevin. A surprisingly entertaining movie imo.

This next one is a lay-up for the next person.

Aqua - Turn Back Time

I have a feeling Takara's gonna get this :D

17. Takara

Media:
    LOL! I just guessed this movie in the movie scene game. Sliding Doors. :lol: I don't know if they used this in the film, or just the trailer. But i've used a trailer song myself before.

New song to guess: I will find you by Clannad

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

haha I remember it from the trailer also. I saw you make the guess in the scene game and just used it. I figured, if I'm gonna toss one in the air, it might as well be a sure catch :D

19. Takara

Media:
    Was a very good song to post. I'd never have thought of posting that one in a million years. :grin:

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

That HAS to be from The Last Of The Mohicans, the scene after the girls have been taken by Magwa and they are being pursued by Chingachgook Uncas and Hawkeye

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.