1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie associated with a song game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Dangerous Minds? That is one of only 2 non Star Wars / Lord of the Rings movie sound tracks that I own (the other being The Karate Kid).

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That is correct. My wife went out and bought the Coolio CD with the song and it sits gathering dust because she doesn't like any other songs on it.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, the rest of the CD is rubbish. I'm not sure what sort of fit of temporary madness possessed me to buy it.

Um, how about "Why Can't We Be Friends?" Not sure if this qualifies as associated, but I saw it in a trailer as well as in the movie so *I* associate it with this film.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The Break-Up?

5. Harbourboy

No, but just as recent.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Any chance of another hint? I know I've seen a trailer playing this movie fairly recently, just can't remember..

7. Harbourboy

This is a sequel to a film that came out about 2-3 years ago. The song "Why Can't We Be Friends?" is kind of relevant to the main plot line in that there is a lot of unnecessary rivalry going on.

8. Harbourboy

Childhood rivals, who continue to be rivals as adults?

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah! Cheaper by the Dozen 2?

10. Harbourboy

Hooray. That only took 8 days. Your turn, Enagonios.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i think this is a remake so i'm posting the artist credit as the one that sang the version for the movie.

"Another brick in the wall" by Class of '99.

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm...just saw this. Of course it's a cover -- don't be ridiculous.

The original artist is Pink Floyd from (of all things) 'The Wall.' It has been used in 'Pink Floyd The Wall' movie (starring Nobel Laureate Sir Bob Geldof), 'The Wall: Live in Berlin' (which had a quite a cast), and in it's the least impressive rendition (sorry, but the Class of '99 just isn't Pink Floyd) 'The Faculty'.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Well, I don't like the song anyway so there :p your turn

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dead Man's Party -- Oingo Boingo.

Edit: I thought this would be a fast one -- I guess there aren't many Rodney Dangerfield fans at SP....

[ November 09, 2006, 16:30: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    Wow, not any takers -- Back to School was almost required viewing when I was in college (along with that other ancient comedy 'Animal House').

Okay, first one with an answer to 'Over the Rainbow' by Judy Garland can take it. I won't be on over the weekend to verify the correct answer.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

woohoo! the wizard of oz, right? someone confirm if i'm right please.

17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Good lord, no one needs that confirmed. Just post something.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

fine fine :D

Haddaway - What is love :D

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

wow, I killed it :/ okay, hint time. This movie's 2 main stars were both (at the time) cast members of Saturday Night Live (SNL).

20. Harbourboy

Old School?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.