1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie associated with a song game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hey, I've stated right out and asked if listening to the song is cheating. Most of the time, I know the music better than title/artist, especially with classicals. Better put that boldly in the rules then:

Listening to the song posted is CHEATING!

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey now, that's DarkStrider's or probably Takara's call (since he started the game). I for one don't really care, I think it's almost essential for some songs.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Listening to the song is NOT cheating. The song title has been said, obviously, and you don't get a clue to the film. All it does is remind you of the song and how it goes. If you have seen the film it will help, if you haven't then listening to the song wont help.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I was just joshing (I may be a powerful dracolich but I ain't going up against no Marilith, no sirree)

Anyway my guess is Kill Bill? probably Volume 1?

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Your guess is correct.

6. DarkStrider

Ready Steady Go - Paul Oakenfold, my favourite scene in the film

7. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Collateral - the scene in the nightclub 'Fever?'

If so, it's my favorite scene in that film too. ;)

8. DarkStrider

Oh yeah, you got it DR

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Nice backpeddling guys. :rolleyes:

10. Death Rabbit

Media:
    They fear you. ;)

Next up (easy one): Good Enough - Cindy Lauper

11. Takara

Media:
    Only cindy I know and it's a cover, is Time after time. It was done by Tara Morice and Mark Williams. But I doubt anyone would know the film, or the artists.

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Isn't that from The Goonies? There was a Cindy Lauper song in there, but I'm not really sure it's this one (it has been a while since I last saw that movie).

13. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Yawp.

14. Takara

Media:
    Well, if by tommorrow morning we still are waiting I'll IJ this.

15. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I hate to take on the IJ knowing I'd be out for the weekend. But I'd love to keep this thread up, besides, I got a really great song... and it should be easy enough so most anybody can confirm it.

It's Probably Me - Sting & Eric Clapton

16. DarkStrider

I might be confusing myself here but - Lethal Weapon III?

17. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Sorry guys, I totally forgot about this.

I've no clue on the new song (which is probably a good thing :) )

18. Takara

Media:
    I'm afraid I've no clue, but I normally don't follow Sting or Eric Clapton's music. So the film featuring it IF I saw it, wouldn't stick in the mind.

EDIT: Since Nior is not going to be back until after the weekend and we wont hear whether Darkstrider is right; not sure WHY she IJed when she was going to be away; We will take it that DS is right and he's free to post another.

[ August 11, 2006, 21:15: Message edited by: Takara ]

19. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

^ It's a he, Takara. Sorry, I thought Sting and Clapton were pretty standard to everyone and Lethal Weapon series was an easy guess.

Anyway, DS is right.

20. Takara

Media:
    I'm sorry nior, I was getting a bit bored and wanted it moving. And DS was away for weekend too so it wasn't going any quicker anyway. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.