1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie associated with a song game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Softball to get it going again

Dooley Wilson - As Time goes by

2. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Casablanca?

...no problem Takara. :)

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    How can I post... I think nior is dead on. ;)

4. DarkStrider

And nior is correct, have a shiny balloon on a stick

5. nior Gems: 24/31

Ok, here's another oldie but not as old as Casablanca.

Wonderful World (Don't Know Much) - Sam Cooke

6. Takara

Media:
    It's a mad mad world?

I was eating lunch and I had a thought... It's a wonderful life with Jimmy Stewart?

[ August 15, 2006, 13:01: Message edited by: Takara ]

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I only remember that in Animal House.

8. Takara

Media:
    The most memorable song in that film was Louie Louie, which bit had this song?

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It was playing in the background when John Belushi was foraging in the cafeteria.

DAMN!!! Harrison Ford sings it in a movie. Had to be Witness after he got the car started again.

10. nior Gems: 24/31

Bruno got it. Harrison Ford singing to it as he dances with Kelly McGillis in Witness.

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    Okay, how about:

You Can't Always Get What You Want

12. Takara

Media:
    Is that by the Rolling Stones?

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    Yes and no. When the song is first heard in the movie it is not the Rolling Stones.

14. Takara

Media:
    Full metal jacket? it's the only film I recall with the Stones. Oh that and Jumping Jack Flash, but I sincerely doubt it's that.

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    The first time you hear it, it is played on an organ.

Edit: I usually associate this with Kevin Costner's nose.

Edit again: This movie has one of the best soundtracks for classic rock.

[ August 17, 2006, 03:38: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

16. Takara

Media:
    Nope, no help I'm afraid. I just never remember a Stones track, even when played slightly differently. I just hate them so much.

17. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The Big Chill?

18. T2Bruno

Media:
    Thank-you, Laiwethel.

The song was played at the funeral for the Kevin Costner character (who committed suicide). All of Kevin's flashback-type scenes were deleted from the movie and the only time he is shown is in the coffin -- you can barely see his nose sticking out.

19. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The Kevin Costner clue gave it away :p It's a great movie with a fantastic soundtrack.

Here's a softball for you:

Donald O'Connor - Make 'em Laugh

20. DarkStrider

Singing in the rain

And the next one is

My beautiful monster - The Eels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.