1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie Scene Game #5

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sorry, I should have put a '...' before The Awful Truth (it was the only movie of the bunch with a divorce in it).

An astronaut completes repairs during a spacewalk, then frees himself from the tether and drifts away.

2. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Not sure of the name .. Maybe "Old Cowboys" or "Old Astronauts" ?

3. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Space Cowboys

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    no

This is an older movie.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The Right Stuff?

6. T2Bruno

Media:
    Older still....

This space disaster flick (in which astronauts experience an in flight emergency) was released just months before the launch of Apollo 13.

7. Latro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

2001: A Space Odyssey ?

But this movie is not a 'flick' and it was released approx. 2 years before the launch of Apollo 13.

8. T2Bruno

Media:
    Not 2001 -- this movie has a stellar cast :D which included Gregory Peck, Gene Hackman and Lee Grant (to name a few).

9. Latro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

To avoid the "IMDb-Temptation" I'd suggest to avoid giving names of the leads as hints in the future ;)

10. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think people who play this game (and other guessing games in Sensorium) are honest enough to disqualify themselves in the event of Google or IMDB assisted guess. I think giving names of actors are valid clues.

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    If I don't know, I might look out of curiosity. But I WONT guess since I did look.

12. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I'm out of contention because my near-obsession to know what the movie is overrode my hopes of competing.

Sincere thanks, T2B, since after IMDb'ing it, I realized I'd never seen the movie before, and thus never would have guessed - at least now my curiosity is satisfied. :D

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    Another scene from the same movie:

The oxygen had run out in the command module and the remaining two astronauts are in their space suits trying to last long enough for a rescue attempt. Oxygen deprevation has set in and Gene Hackman's character becomes delirious. He starts laughing and saying 'Blow the hatch.' Repeated orders to him do no good and he blows the hatch. When the hatch of the space craft is open, he floats out and drifts away from the command module -- laughing the entire time.

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    Okay, so no one know space movies....

Another movie:

A Corvette being towed by an airplane.

15. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Well, I know a LOT of space movies, I'd just wasn't paying much attention whilst still in my momma's belly! :)

And the 'classic' movie collection around here is rather limited; if it didn't gross big back then, it isn't available. :(

Anyways, in Con Air Colm Meaney's 'baby' learn how to fly (briefly) thanks to our man Cusack. :cool:

16. T2Bruno

Media:
    It is Con Air.

(perhaps you should also look at the movie song thread -- hint...hint...).

17. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Sure, I see that now :lol: (Why'd I have to go and do something silly like sleep ;) )

Okay:

Our hero, away serving in the Naval Reserve and worrying that his sweetheart will be wooed away from him while he's absent, goes a local witch doctor to conjure up an alluring distraction for his rival. During the 'spell', the witch doctor's daughter pokes her head in and helps out by twitching her nose.

18. T2Bruno

Media:
    Bewitched?

19. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Nope, but Elizabeth Montgomery made the uncredited cameo appearance as same.

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Okaaaay... this is rather lonely-feeling, and I know I used mouthwash! ;)

Here's a big hint: Our Hero is played by Frankie Avalon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.