1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Music/bands you can't stand...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldazar, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

K.D. Lang, I cannot stand that woman's voice. Oh and Neil Young.

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

See, while I do tend to not particularly like a lot of the stuf mentioned here - most recent rap moreso than others, Ice T, Ice Cube and Dr Dre I really don't mind - I can handle listening to most music styles. Even country. But I'm going to have to agree with everyone who's listed dance/techno/rave whatever you want to call it, nothing is more annoying than constant bass slamming your head into the ground. But I must say that throughout my entire experience with music (in it's many broad terms) Aphex Twin are still the only ones who bring out a severe reaction. Oh, and Billy Ray Cyrus.

3. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Avril Lavigne.
    'Cause I think she's fake. She says she's against women using sex to sell their music, but I'd say she wears short blouses and tight jeans often enough. Because she says she's punk, but in reality was discovered by a major label and has other people write most of her songs. Because she says she hates people who can't really play or sing decently themselves, she plays guitar in one number on her cd (while calling herself a guitar player), and is definately no good live. Because her lyrics are so very childish, and uninspiring (he was a skater boy/she said see you later boy... Come on...)

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Muse are a complicated problem. Brilliant music, brilliant vocals, original style, brilliant lyrics ... I just can't bring myself to listen to them.

Can't stand Limp Bizkit. Swearing at least twice in ever song does not make good music.

5. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I love Muse! :D My favourite band - and incredible live.

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] I hate Alex Parks but you can't actually count that as music :bang:

7. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Haha, I am going to be hated, but I can not stand the majority of the music mentioned above. Steve Miller band, yes, I can listen to it and appreciate. The others, well. You know.

I listen to music from the 60s and 70s. To a lesser extent, 80s. The amount of music from current times is very little, and usually comes from stoner rock bands (QoTSA, The Melvins) or Australian rock. Thats not to say that I don't like modern music, I actually quite like the indie rock that is around, but the rest is just trash.

Also, there is some classical music that I won't say no to.

8. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

9. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Wooohhoooo, people like Muse :) I'd love to see them live.

Another band I hate - Slipknot (yes, I agree they are talented but it just annoys the hell out of me).

10. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Tassadar...

I don't know many metal bands as I'm more of an punk guy myself. Here's some top notch punk tunes: Rancid or 88 finger louis for bass; Bad Religion for vocals (or The Casualties if you like screaming); Bad Religion again for lyrics; Thought Riot for drums; Propaghandi for guitars and for just plain rockin' tunes go for Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards.

Anyway, I agree with Septic that Eyeless is a good song (Slipknot BTW).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.