1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My tiny mod, have any interest?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tal Rasha, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Weird, it says that override is not found. Could someone shed light to this case? :confused:

2. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

There is a hint if it can not find the Override directory, have you read it?
    Are you sure you put the mod main directory in BG2 main directory? And the mod main directory is not "Improved_Summons" but "Improved Summons V1.0".

3. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Oh, I'll try again :)

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Cool! I like the ideas! Well, generally.

Call woodland being is an extremely useful spell, and with this upgrade it can be the best low-level summoning ever. Though balance is very important. What kind of spells will sirines have?

One hitch though:

I did not like the IWD Mordenkainen sword idea. Mordenkainens are invaluable for a summon, they are excellent and invulnerable fodders till they are hit by Death spell, an instant death attack (why do they have to ALWAYS fail a save vs spell against a Disintegrate?), or huge amounts of pure magical damage (skulltraps or ABDHW) This is the main advantage of the spell, having LOTS of these nearly immortal swords, hasting them, and watch them cut the tougher monsters in to ribbons!

If you give him to the hand of a mage, it will be useless. When does a mage have to fight in combat, when he can cast spells? And then MMMs or Eblades would always be better bets, IMHO.

So if you design the mod so that we can choose parts to install, I am NOT going to install MSword part. :p Just my two cents.

5. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

IWD version Mordenkainen's Sword is far more powerful than bg2's if you use it correctly.

bg2 Mordenkainen's Sword:
    1> Its gender is "SUMMONED". Any creature whose gender is "SUMMONED" can be killed by Death Magic instantly. If the AIs of your enemies are smart enough, it won't stand a single round.
    2> Its thac0 is high. The probability it hits a powerful foe is low.
    3> Its number of attacks is small.

iwd Mordenkainen's Sword:
    1> If you are a fighter-->mage, the power of sword will be immense. If you are a pure mage, you can still use Improved Haste+Tensen's Transformation to become a battle machine.

2> It can make a ranged attack(Don't worry, it has no melee penalty), so you can use hit and run strategy very well.

3> Its attacking animation is very cool. :)

And in my mod, I give Mordenkainen's Sword a +1d10 magic damage. Notice that? You can disturb a mage casting even if he/she has stoneskins.

Oh, sorry. I mean IWD2 version Mordenkainen's Sword is immensely powerful. IWD version's is weak, it set number of attacks to 2 only. While my moded Mordenkainen's Sword increase number of attacks by 1.

--------------------------------------------------

I am adding the followings into my mod, have any advice?

5> Gate
    Before lvl25, NO CHANGE.

During lvl25--lvl29, caster can summon a Demon Knight. He is tougher than Pit fiend, but he can not summon another demon.
    He uses Soul Reaver two handed sword(undroppable).
    Ability:
    --HP 160
    --AC -10
    --thac0 5
    --attack number 3
    --Immunity to non-magic weapon
    --Immunity to +1 weapon
    --Immunity to +2 weapon

From lvl30, caster can summon a Marilith. She is more deadly than Demon Knight, and when her HP less than 50% she will summon a Pit Fiend.
    She uses Marilith Longsword in her right hand, and Longsword in her left hand. (I know she has six hands)
    Ability:
    --HP 150
    --AC -8
    --thac0 6
    --attack number 5(She uses one hand to block and the other five hands to attack.)
    --Immunity to non-magic weapon
    --Immunity to +1 weapon
    --Immunity to +2 weapon
    --Immunity to +3 weapon

6> Monster Summons
    Monster Summoning I:
    Mustard Jelly/Ettercap/Ogre Berserker/Hobogoblin Elite

Monster Summoning II:
    Minotaur/Yuan-Ti

Monster Summoning III:
    Fire Salamander/Ice Salamander

7>Animal Summons
    Animal Summoning I:
    Wolf/Panther/Brown Bear

Animal Summoning II:
    Dire Wolf/Lion/Cave Bear

Animal Summoning III:
    Winter Wolf/Polar Bear

[ March 28, 2006, 07:44: Message edited by: Tal Rasha ]

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Then again a fighter/mage will hardly reach level 25 in magehood. So it will not make a big difference. Then again I am sure there will be better weapons.

Main use of the Mordy swords, are, in my game at least, bait as cannon fodders against very tough but dump enemies. Like golems, or hard hitter things with no spells. They are very usefull against them. They do not have to hit the target, their distraction is nice enough IMHO.

I love the latest summoning ideas. Current summon monster spells are total rubbish. Who uses them EVER?

BUT, don't get me wrong, a wand of summoning is invaluable against spellcasters, to exhaust their deadlier spells quickly! :evil:

7. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

About Demonic Summons:
    Most of your enemies regard your summoned demon as a enemy of you(not a enemy of themselves), because the Enemy/Ally value of your demon is ENEMY by default. So they will not attack your demon actively or cast any spell on it(This is AI settings), which is extremely unbalanced.
    Now I use script to change the Enemy/Ally value of your demon between ENEMY and GOODBUTRED dynamically. Whenever it becomes GOODBUTRED, your enemies will attack your demon actively and cast their spells on it normally.
    And for the sake of balance, now if you summon multi demons, they will attack each other, because they do not protected by Protection From Evil.
    The Pit Fiend is a little weaker than the one in Tactics mod. Don't worry! When your level is high enough, you can summon a more powerful demon.

8. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

@ Tal Rasha

This is a very good idea :thumb:

As for the other summoning spells,IMHO Animal Summoning has to be improved.
    Monster Summoning is good enough the way it is now.Mages are too powerful,they don't need more power :p
    But Druids should have better summons,especially with the Animal Summoning III.

Also it would be a good idea if you could improve the Spirit animals of the Totemic Druid.They are too weak in ToB.

Finally is it possible to make a ''special'' Animal Summoning spell for the Beast Master only?This kit should have sthg special.It's one of the weakest kits in the game ...

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^thetruth says the truth, why don't you consider those?

10. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

I have changed mind to this:
    If you summon a Baatezu and a Tanar'ri, they will attack each other. Blood War Never Ends! ;)

This mod would be a general improve for summons, I don't want it to have anything to do with any kit. I am sorry. :o

11. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

It's OK Tal Rasha ;) .Let's hope that someone else can do something for those poor Beastmasters :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.